Status
Not open for further replies.

TalkingCactus

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2012
Paradise Valley, AZ.
Happy Anniversary. 25th is a Thursday what time you rolling through? <...>

I think the wheels drop on the "city bus" (S/W Airlines) at 2 or 3pm, not sure if there's a time diff, we never change our clocks, so I just don't keep track. But we'll have a rental car waiting n an anxious wife too. We haven't vacationed in 2yrs now, while we were in the habit of doing 3 weeks every year. Needless to say, we're both biting at the bit to "git the hell outta Dodge"!

My fave hitchcock -- Strangers on a Train -- but you can't beat Grace Kelly!!! :thumb: <...>

I dig that one too! Tho Rear Window has history w/me. I saw it when I was younger, growing up in Chicago n thought it was kinda neat. Having virtually NO appreciation for the classics, at that age, I still knew I liked that movie! Same story for one other flick: African Queen. Only I bugged my mom a lot to "tell me when it's gonna be on TV next", must've seen it 4 or 5 times before I was 10yo. So, watching either of these two always reminds me of a simpler time in my youth.

<...> I am starting to really like you, TC, nice tastes in cinema...........:) <...>

Yah, I seem to have that effect on people. 4 outta 5 in fact! ;-)

<...>
How many times have you watched Casablanca? (the look Bogey gives Claude Rains when he says "Major Strasser has been shot (pause) Round up the usual suspects", so frakkin' classic) I am well over a hundred times, the only movie I watch more is the original 12 Angry Men <...>

Seen it a couple times myself ;-) Ok, so you MUST watch TCM once in a while, yes? Took the wife out ON her birthday last Spring to dinner n a movie. Sounds ordinary enough, but it wasn't at all. The entire night was a surprise, she thought we were staying home. After dinner, which I rushed her thru a bit so we could get good seats, I took her to the theater to see Casablanca. Yes, you read that right. An old B&W movie that defines the word classic. What an experience! To hear the audience laughter at certain parts I honestly had never laughed out loud about before, but now always do. Like when the Police Chief shuts the place down, Bogey asks why/what, he says illegal gambling. Then the head waiter brings him his winnings and he casually thanks him. The entire audience busts out laughing at the irony. It was an epic movie night for us both! Since then, we've gone to see: Singing In The Rain, The Birds, Frankenstein, and To Kill A Mocking Bird. All put on by TCM, all one night only, all sold out every time. Yet, they're not doing it anymore, that I've seen advertised anyways.

<...>
And who amongst hasn't sat in the dark drinking and choking down cigarettes crying about something or someone we've lost?

Amen. Most recently, the loss of both of my parents, 2 years apart, in the past 3 1/2 years. My mom was just 61. Tough stuff. But yah, I know what you mean. I only recently "discovered" the classics a few years ago, during my darkest hours. The honesty of the stories n characters, the pure skill of the writers, directors, producers, etc. n I was sold on em! They didn't have the special effects to lean on, they HAD to tell a good story, and tell it well, or flop!

Wow! I sure can go on, n on, n on... guess I nailed it w/my screen name! Nice to "greet you" Rip!

UnFettered_Soul

Exalted Grand High Poobah
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
CB still has a vape show? :confused:

I can't figure out what happened to that network so I just watch vapetv now.........:)

Wellll,
If I remember correctly, elixir shut down.
They had made their "own network", nova broadcasting, it was just a matter of finding a reliable host.
They all went to Justin TV, who shut the shows down. (I don't know that I ever saw why)
They went to Vaughn TV, then there was talk of going back to Justin.

The network is still going, but the schedule has been wonky.
I post when I can, when I know shows are going on.... but I've made so many new accounts on new hosting sites I don't remember what's needed anymore to watch the darn shows.

UnFettered_Soul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've been chatting with Cigarbabe a little...
Is there a day, or a couple of days, and times that people would be available for Google + hangouts?
I think there are limited slots for a camera, but you can still watch and listen.

Drop me a note and let me know so I can pass on that information.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia

UnFettered_Soul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
I called some local places about anodizing a few weeks ago and they were willing to do it.

Keep in mind too that lots of people use these types of services (powder coating) for automotive parts when restoring cars, etc... Those are all one off or small batch jobs.

I actually think you'd have an easier time getting a one off powder coating than anodizing job done locally. Powder coating is actually a "relatively" easy process for anyone with the equipment.

My "worry", if you could call it that, was I didn't think shops would do "one offs". Or even two offs as the case may be. LOL

UnFettered_Soul

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I called some local places about anodizing a few weeks ago and they were willing to do it.

Keep in mind too that lots of people use these types of services (powder coating) for automotive parts when restoring cars, etc... Those are all one off or small batch jobs.

I actually think you'd have an easier time getting a one off powder coating than anodizing job done locally. Powder coating is actually a "relatively" easy process for anyone with the equipment.

One of our vendors has someone that does either or both I think.
I wonder if he'd be interested. Clear off in CA though, but it's not like my tubes are heavy, so shipping there and back wouldn't be bad.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
When I was a kid and then a teenager, my mother and I would watch Sunday Afternoon at the Movies every week. I gained an appreciation for many actors and classic movies. Yes, I even love some musicals :)

Singin' in the Rain....Gene Kelley was great!

When I was a kid, all I wanted to see were Westerns and Jerry Lewis movies :) Used to be a theater in town that would do 3 movie matinee's for 50 cents. We'd spend most Saturday afternoons there.

Vapor2112

Atty Baller - Level 2
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Virgin-ia
Well, its not necessarily a one of a kind.

If I got something powder coated, it would be a one-off, or one time job.

If Annie did the same, it would not be a one of a kind (since I have the same), but it would also be a one-off job. Meaning only one instance of the job, not a run of coating the same items.

Here's what MW has to say. :2cool:

One-off - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

This may be a stupid question, but it's bothered me for a long time now.

Why does everyone say "one off"? Wouldn't it be "one of" as in "one OF a kind"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread