Status
Not open for further replies.

bryphi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
I got the carto tank as well. I love it. The performance is great though the refilling method, if you aren't careful, can lead to juice leaking out the air holes. I've heard a lot of people complaining about this whole line up (the z2) but all of their complaints seem to be about cosmetic stuff, and not the actual performance.

Be gentle with the tank if you decide to get one, I had mine crack the first time I tried to put it back on.

LilyBear

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Western NY
Yes the complaints I have seen are "will there ever be a release without the marks on the tubes?" and silly things like that. I think it looks stunning and I do have other Zen~ products to compare it to. On the tank thing one more note to add: get a spare mini tank if you have standard cartos laying around you are planning to use in it.... this takes the larger (not mini) tank for XL cartos, and takes the mini size for reg. carto length. Wasnt sure if everyone knows this so you reminded me to add that.
I got the carto tank as well. I love it. The performance is great though the refilling method, if you aren't careful, can lead to juice leaking out the air holes. I've heard a lot of people complaining about this whole line up (the z2) but all of their complaints seem to be about cosmetic stuff, and not the actual performance.

Be gentle with the tank if you decide to get one, I had mine crack the first time I tried to put it back on.

hotrod3539

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pickerington, Ohio U.S.A
Good afternoon my Zen~ family!

D.H. Great Video!!

BB, Glad your mom is better!!

Welcome madmanmatt! I also have the carto tank and i am thoroughly enjoying it!, performance is great (altho some of it is going to be based off of what carto you put in it) I am still playing around with it but for now i do recommend it.

Escapereality

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2012
Bluegrass
To those asking about the Zenesis Carto Hybrid/Tank, there are plenty of reviews/opinions about it in this thread.

My opinion? It is absolutely amazing. I purchased the 18350 version, and the device itself is pretty remarkable.

I have not used anything besides Genesis atomizers for probably the last 6-8 months, so I forgot what a carto vape tasted like. I still don't think the Zen Carto Hybrid tastes like you're vaping a cartomizer.

Since I got this thing in the mail, I have vaped it pretty exclusively. Even when at home, if that tells you anything.

No real complaints...battery rattle, but spacers fix that. It's bothering me not having a locking ring on a device I take on the go...but the spring has quite a bit of resistance on it to where it's not going to fire in your pocket.

K-man

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
To those asking about the Zenesis Carto Hybrid/Tank, there are plenty of reviews/opinions about it in this thread.

My opinion? It is absolutely amazing. I purchased the 18350 version, and the device itself is pretty remarkable.

I have not used anything besides Genesis atomizers for probably the last 6-8 months, so I forgot what a carto vape tasted like. I still don't think the Zen Carto Hybrid tastes like you're vaping a cartomizer.

Since I got this thing in the mail, I have vaped it pretty exclusively. Even when at home, if that tells you anything.

No real complaints...battery rattle, but spacers fix that. It's bothering me not having a locking ring on a device I take on the go...but the spring has quite a bit of resistance on it to where it's not going to fire in your pocket.

Backing out the switch a few turns acts like a lock too and prevents it from firing.

hotrod3539

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2012
Pickerington, Ohio U.S.A
Does anyone have any advice for when I put the tank on the carto tank? I really don't know what I did wrong to cause it to crack like it did.

Best recommendation i can give is to lube the o-rings with a little juice and rotate the tank as you gently push it on.

bryphi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
Best recommendation i can give is to lube the o-rings with a little juice and rotate the tank as you gently push it on.

Thanks!

Also, does anyone know of third party companies making accessories for the z2 line? I thought Mike said that there were companies already working on stuff.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
Good afternoon everyone :)

I also have a question, for those who are using the Killer in the carto tank...are you using the tube that came on it or did you need to switch to a mini tube? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers! ;

I also broke my tank the first time I took it off..and I usually never break my glass tubes (knocks on wood), but it wasn't from putting the tube back on, it was trying to put the cap back on. :facepalm:

DirtyHarry

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2010
Fremont, CA
Good afternoon, everyone!!

Ahhh, First World Problems...

I'm sitting here sipping the local micro-brew, digesting a nice lunch, and waiting for the BMW Haus to call up so we can pick up the convertible from the service center, where it's getting prepped for the big drive to Vegas on Wednesday. :p

Sir.jpg

-Insp. 2211
(No; we're not really as spoiled rotten as I made that sound... BMW is in for a recall, and was bought as a "mid-life-crisis and divorce present to self" by my wife a year before I met her, with proceeds from liquidating the house she and her ex owned for 20 years. We've saved for over a year for this two day Vegas trip... but the Jack's is all that and a bag of chips. Nothing like a nice amber to make one feel content and wealthy on a vacation Monday :) :) :) )

Last edited:

bryphi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
Good afternoon everyone :)

I also have a question, for those who are using the Killer in the carto tank...are you using the tube that came on it or did you need to switch to a mini tube? Thanks in advance to anyone who answers! ;

I also broke my tank the first time I took it off..and I usually never break my glass tubes (knocks on wood), but it wasn't from putting the tube back on, it was trying to put the cap back on. :facepalm:

Hah, that's actually when I broke mine too. I just don't know about the glass, it seems really thin for a tank, or is that just me?

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
vaped the Killer 705 in my CT hybrid... works pretty well..still gotta figure out how to get it to feed best but i think it is workable

Aaron, what tube are you using with your killer...the regular one or a mini?

bryphi, the glass thickness is the same as what I have on all my other Zen's....I just think it's because the caps are sooooo tight. :)

thejager

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
regular size...it's close with mini but not close enough...the Diver (flangeless) works with the mini

Aaron, what tube are you using with your killer...the regular one or a mini?

bryphi, the glass thickness is the same as what I have on all my other Zen's....I just think it's because the caps are sooooo tight. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread