image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I love mine...flavor is excellent with a Ikenvape Platinum LR standard carto. I bought the extra mini tank as I wanted the tank shorter for the 510 Sidewinder. One word of caution...the glass tanks are a bit thin, treat them gently when assembling/disassembling.
Thanks for your input, Absintheur.

Are these just another glass cartotank? Is there any reason that these could not be used on another battery device? Or are they somehow designed to only work on Zenesis mods? It's nice to know that you like yours, but we're interested in more specific info.

Appearance-wise, a first glance look and these look like an RBA with that huge top cap. Then on closer study, you can see the punched carto within the tank. Is this a special function, or just an aesthetic/cosmetic design?

JXC's pics seem to show a large black gasket instead of a typical O-ring. Is this the case, and would such a gasket be more durable than an 0-ring?

Last edited:

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
The base connection is the same as all Zen hybrids, it is not a 510 connection. The 510 Sidewinder has a removable 510 connector so you can use any Zen tank device on it. The carto first slides through a tight gasket then screws into the base, the top cap has a similar gasket to seal the top of the carto. About 1/4 inch of the top of the carto fits into the gasket in the top cap preventing leaking even upside down.

This carto tank will not fit on a 510 devise with the exception of House of Zen mods.

start at 38:30

Last edited:

jxc0175

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Ok I can actually do a mini review on it now. I got the glass and have been using it all day. First, it cannot be used on anything but a Zenesis 2 or Sidewinder. I would hope that Zen would make an adapter so you can put it on other devices. There are orings on both caps and they appear to be similar to orings used on other tanks. However, you screw the carto into a gasket on the bottom cap so you don't have to worry about the carto damaging the orings. There are 4 air holes in the bottom cap that allow air in so the carto can breathe. Zen made a video about filling the tank. You have to put the top cap on, but not all the way, and turn it upside down. Then you can push the top cap in and turn it right-side up. This is done so the carto does not flood.

I'm actually pretty disappointed in the device. The first thing I want to say is that it does produce good flavor. I'd say that it's one of the better flavor producing carto tanks. However, the way the tank design requires you to pull pretty hard to get vapor. When you put a kick in it the top does not screw on completely. Though I understand that it has to be like this in order for the device to fire, I do no understand why an oring was not included to cover the gap that it causes. Many people say that it won't fire in 18350 mode. An additional washer is required in the switch. I believe that that should have been included as well. The glass is quartz so it is very weak. I would not take this out of the house without the SS tank, which costs extra. I give the complete device a 5.5/10. You pay $200 for a mod it should, at the very least, come with everything you need to make it work properly. Also, I feel for that amount the glass should be pyrex.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I agree about the glass, and I was worried about the spacers needed for the 18350, as I had not gotten mine yet and read about several people having issues with that.

Luckily, I am not having that problem at all--it's firing fine with my Efest 18350's, no spacer required. I'm also not having to draw hard to get a good amount of vapor--although I've been using an evod up until now, so maybe compared to something like that, or a Provari or another mod it's not so good?

I'm actually quite happy with mine--at 18mg I've got a little buzz going...:p

jxc0175

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
And I did say flavor producing carto. I think the engineering of the tank produces more flavor. I put the same juice in a phiniac with the same exact carto. Zenesis produced some more flavor in my opinion. Zen said a lot of engineering went into the tank and I believe it. I usually use a Provari so maybe that is why I think you have to pull hard. Mine fires fine without the spacers, but I have the 490c. I hear the issue with the switch is just for the 18350 version. I'm gonna give it a few weeks, but I'm definitely not head over heals in love with it.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2012
north central Indiana
On the 510 Sidewinder everything fits like a glove no gaps or looseness anywhere. I am running a 2.0 Ikenvape Platinum 35mm carto with the mini tank glass. Flavor is better than the same carto in a standard tank and vapor production is excellent as always with the Ikenvape cartos. After a few days with this set up I am wondering how it would perform with the Raven in tank atomizer so I ordered a couple without flanges from GotVapes. I will have to cut them down to 35mm to fit the mini tank which I prefer on the Sidewinder.

rahmink

Verified Member
Jun 9, 2013
Spring Hill, FL, USA
I bought one from Vape Stock and I've been using it for about a week now. I noticed a small crack in my tank and ElectronicStix sent me a new one. The new one was kinda scratched up...:facepalm: I'm running the 650 carto tank with a 18490 and a kick. When I first got it I was disappointed because the tank kept leaking out of the air holes. Then I found out the "special" way that you have to fill the tank. It definitely produces the best flavor of any carto tank that I've tried. My caps screw on just fine with my battery and kick... I'd say my biggest complaint is that the tank is very fragile.
photo_zps8a03447c.jpg

jxc0175

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
I bought one from Vape Stock and I've been using it for about a week now. I noticed a small crack in my tank and ElectronicStix sent me a new one. The new one was kinda scratched up...:facepalm: I'm running the 650 carto tank with a 18490 and a kick. When I first got it I was disappointed because the tank kept leaking out of the air holes. Then I found out the "special" way that you have to fill the tank. It definitely produces the best flavor of any carto tank that I've tried. My caps screw on just fine with my battery and kick... I'd say my biggest complaint is that the tank is very fragile.
photo_zps8a03447c.jpg

So the 650 will fit an 18490 with a kick and screw all the way in?

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
I thought FOR SURE there would be pics, video's and threads GALORE here since they completely SOLD OUT.

What gives?

Who's got one they are using?

How is it?

What's so different and revolutionary about it?

I don't have time to go into details right now (I'm at work..) but I have been using mine for 5 days now and I have dropped it twice on concrete and been very lucky that my tank hasn't broken (it is glass - won't react to Tank-killing juices) and the vape is amazing.

It has great flavor - more than I ever expected from a carto tank and though you still taste the filler a LITTLE tiny bit it's hardly there and the flavor of the vapor is not effected at all, IMO.

I have owned a Satin Black Provari v2 (most of the time I used it w/ 5.5ml J-Tank & Boge 3ohm carto), Sigelei Telescopic ZMax VV/VW, and a few others. I think the Zenesis 2 Carto Tank is the BEST all day vape ever. Even better than the ProVari with a J-Tank because the flavor and vapor is much, much better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread