Zenesis 2 carto tank version reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
No problem...this is actually a better deal though. The entire Z2 system is designed to be modular, and the DX-series is everything you need less the delivery system, which doesn't need to be Zen.

ElectronicStix.Com · Zenesis 2 - DX 650

Yes i immediately went there to place an order but it was out of stock, hopefully zen delivers on his promise of making his devices more available, the 650 is the one of my interest.

and i think it's a great deal, $110 for 24k gold + stainless steel? There plenty of mods much more expensive than that without the same material quality

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
What carto setups are you getting the best performance on these-dualcoil,single and which ohm? I am curious if you can get a strong enough vape at 3.7v. I usually use a 2ohm dualcoil on my provari around 5.2v. But, love the looks of the carto zenesis and am intrigued with the unique airflow setup. Is it worth the pricetag?

It's designed to be used with a Boge XL LR carto. If you're after giant clouds of vapor, this isn't for you, although the vapor production is very good...it's really about flavor and TH. And the fact that it's well built and engineered for what Zen thinks is the best vape. Everything's relative. I'm enjoying mine--the quality is great, it's a solid piece of machinery, and I feel like this is something I can use for years.

I do plan on getting a Provari sometime in the future for VV vaping, but my Z2 carto is great.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Speaking of performance, for awhile now I've been thinking that an SLR carto would be a great product. Something like a .7 or .8 ohm 28ga Kanthal coil inside of a regular carto. I made a thread about the idea in the cartomizer section and have received zero replies. In hindsight I think putting that thread in the rebuildables section would have been better since rebuilders will understand the benefit and use of a sub-ohm cartomizer.

Anyway, aside from a normal cartotank with a SLR carto sitting on top of a mech, the zen cartotank hybrid would be an excellent match for an SLR carto. That way you could get performance that almost matches its good looks. You'd still have the "carto taste" to deal with, but if people are buying a carto-tank then it's obviously not an issue for them.

The zen carto tank with an SLR carto seems like vape heaven to me. Performance that would likely closely approach that of a rebuildable, with the ease and fiddle-free function of a cartotank (and a zen hybrid one to boot)

Someone please make an SLR carto.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Speaking of performance, for awhile now I've been thinking that an SLR carto would be a great product. Something like a .7 or .8 ohm 28ga Kanthal coil inside of a regular carto. I made a thread about the idea in the cartomizer section and have received zero replies. In hindsight I think putting that thread in the rebuildables section would have been better since rebuilders will understand the benefit and use of a sub-ohm cartomizer.

Anyway, aside from a normal cartotank with a SLR carto sitting on top of a mech, the zen cartotank hybrid would be an excellent match for an SLR carto. That way you could get performance that almost matches its good looks. You'd still have the "carto taste" to deal with, but if people are buying a carto-tank then it's obviously not an issue for them.

The zen carto tank with an SLR carto seems like vape heaven to me. Performance that would likely closely approach that of a rebuildable, with the ease and fiddle-free function of a cartotank (and a zen hybrid one to boot)

Someone please make an SLR carto.

not a bad idea, but I doubt that standard filler material in cartos can keep up with the rate a sub-ohm coil vaporizes the juice (I myself use sub-ohms drippers & gennies 90% off the time, here is my latest setup: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-systems/434186-igo-l-phoenix-dized-pwnd.html)

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
UncleChuck - I love the idea of a SRL carto! But, as dhomes points out, the filler material will be the major problem to solve. Perhaps if a metal mesh was used instead of the usual fiber material? Or a ceramic-based fiber? Something with higher heat resistance than the typical filler but still maintains good wicking.

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
Thinking about it... Sub ohm are for advance users, with people grabbing subohm cartos by the numbers they will find their way into cheap chinese ego batts or similar devices not designed for them, that,s a potential safety risk

I doubt any usa manufacturer or distributor would risk it

Now, if they gave me a carto body i could unscrew, with nice post, were i can add filler and to a tank it goes... Thats different, YOU are making the bomb yourself, whether its a 2, 1.5, 1 or .5 ohms is your doing

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Thinking about it... Sub ohm are for advance users, with people grabbing subohm cartos by the numbers they will find their way into cheap chinese ego batts or similar devices not designed for them, that,s a potential safety risk

I doubt any usa manufacturer or distributor would risk it

Now, if they gave me a carto body i could unscrew, with nice post, were i can add filler and to a tank it goes... Thats different, YOU are making the bomb yourself, whether its a 2, 1.5, 1 or .5 ohms is your doing

That was my main concern with the idea, someone who has no idea what they are doing throwing one on a device that can't handle the power levels. You could laser engrave a warning on the side of the carto in hopes that a new vaper would see this giant warning and think twice before putting it on their device. Either way though I doubt the Chinese care about that type of thing at all, and they are the most likely to mass produce something like this.

The wicking ability of the filler material could be an issue as well. I think it's possible that the filler would keep up just fine, when you consider the amount of juice hanging out inside the filler material directly surrounding the coil is massive compared to the small amount of juice available inside a silica or mesh wick.

Commercially available wick-based systems have always had more issues keeping up with my vaping than my cartotanks ever did in my experience. While I've never had issues with cartos keeping up, I can't say the same for wick based systems. My silica RDA builds don't have issues keeping up, but that's not really a fair comparison since those are drippers which are basically swimming in a pool of juice anyway.

It is very possible the filler material wouldn't be able to keep pace but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the filler wouldn't work.

To get away from the filler material they could always do something like the CE-style cartos but using SS mesh and an SLR coil. Have a vertical mesh wick inside the carto, have the coil at the top, and holes around the base of the carto body to allow juice inside the carto.

I'm getting really off-topic now, sorry, I just really like the idea of an SLR carto ;)

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
That was my main concern with the idea, someone who has no idea what they are doing throwing one on a device that can't handle the power levels. You could laser engrave a warning on the side of the carto in hopes that a new vaper would see this giant warning and think twice before putting it on their device. Either way though I doubt the Chinese care about that type of thing at all, and they are the most likely to mass produce something like this.

The wicking ability of the filler material could be an issue as well. I think it's possible that the filler would keep up just fine, when you consider the amount of juice hanging out inside the filler material directly surrounding the coil is massive compared to the small amount of juice available inside a silica or mesh wick.

Commercially available wick-based systems have always had more issues keeping up with my vaping than my cartotanks ever did in my experience. While I've never had issues with cartos keeping up, I can't say the same for wick based systems. My silica RDA builds don't have issues keeping up, but that's not really a fair comparison since those are drippers which are basically swimming in a pool of juice anyway.

It is very possible the filler material wouldn't be able to keep pace but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that the filler wouldn't work.

To get away from the filler material they could always do something like the CE-style cartos but using SS mesh and an SLR coil. Have a vertical mesh wick inside the carto, have the coil at the top, and holes around the base of the carto body to allow juice inside the carto.

I'm getting really off-topic now, sorry, I just really like the idea of an SLR carto ;)

- they put big freaking red health risk labels on cigarettes... and you know the story
- if they said, THESE THINGS WILL GIVE YOU CANCER... people will still smoke
- Chinese manufacturers won't care, but the US distributors might
- I almost never use silica, but I have never had issues with stainless steel mesh keep up, even on 100% VG (I use 500 mesh)

your idea IS great, but there ARE risks involved AND I much prefer a system that I can rebuilt at will: Oh! I want this on my provari, 1.2 ohms, oh, now on my mech, 0.7 then, etc. it's also more cost effective

i tend to think that filler may be a problem, I no longer even try to vape bobba on a carto. it CAN keep up if i double slot, but it gulps up much too fast. I could get a satisfactory vape by the end of the second tank

I'm saying a carto that I can rebuilt would be best

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
I'm a new vaper (but mature, lol) and I would never attempt what you guys are suggesting...that's why I got the carto hybrid--it's easy. If I should ever want to dabble in RDA/RBA, then I can get myself an adapter and go with it.

I DO understand that there are a lot of newbies though who wouldn't think twice about messing around with that stuff. I, however, happen to like my face. :D

dhomes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2012
Austin, TX
I, however, happen to like my face. :D

alisa, you just made me laugh

so long as one knows a bit as to what is going on the dangers are minimal.

hey, a defective ego battery with a normal carto can also explode! (and worse, those have no vents and very low quality batteries)

most mods have a good amount of venting and about everyone here in the RDA/RBA forum would go for safe, quality batteries (AW, Panasonic, MNKE, Orbortronic, etc)

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I'm a new vaper (but mature, lol) and I would never attempt what you guys are suggesting...

That's because you live in the same city as me, and I'd put bologna on your vehicle if you did something as silly and using SLR stuff on an eGo ;) Us vapers have to self-regulate :D

The vape squad, enforcing safe vaping via fear of bologna in the Portland metro area since 2009 ;)

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
No disrespect to anyone here, but I for one hope that no one comes out with an ultra low resistance carto. I see too many knuckleheads here on ECF who either have no regard to safety or are totally ignorant of safety when it comes to vaping.

Using ULR in RBAs is one thing, they aren't all that commonplace and on the pricey side of things. Cartotanks on the other hand are extremely affordable and common place. The opportunity to use one, and use one unsafely, would increase exponatively. (hmmm, is that even a word?)

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
No disrespect to anyone here, but I for one hope that no one comes out with an ultra low resistance carto. I see too many knuckleheads here on ECF who either have no regard to safety or are totally ignorant of safety when it comes to vaping.

Using ULR in RBAs is one thing, they aren't all that commonplace and on the pricey side of things. Cartotanks on the other hand are extremely affordable and common place. The opportunity to use one, and use one unsafely, would increase exponatively. (hmmm, is that even a word?)

No disrespect taken at all! Totally understandable fears, which I share. I'm just fundamentally opposed to avoiding things for the sake of fools. But that comes into conflict with my desire to see vaping continue without heavy handed regulation, which become more likely every time someone blows their face off or catches on fire.

A rebuildable carto, like a diver but with filler instead of wick, would probably be a better option. Since it would be more along the lines of an RBA the likelyhood of someone who has no idea what they are doing picking one up would be lesser. I personally cannot detect the "filler flavor" that so many complain about so a regular carto design is still a very viable option for me, with the limiting factor of performance being the hair-thin nichrome and high resistance coils. And SLR carto could give a great boost in performance for little (if any) additional cost. I wouldn't imagine using 28g kanthal would be any more expensive (overall) than the current wire they use.

osmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
Cayce, SC
Well, I just got my Zen2 Carto 18650 in today. I run a kick and a flat top 18500 battery and it fits nicely. Flavor is very nice with this, though the fragile glass tank is a worry to me, if anyone know where I can get another tube that is not so fragile and is not stainless let me know. This is going to be an at home device only for me. I have cheap stuff to take out and about. The draw is smooth for me, so I am very happy in that department. I usually keep stuff for a little bit and then sell or trade, but this one may be sticking around for awhile.

Funk Dracula

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2013
Earth
I'm sorry for being cynical; but this seems like straight "peddling," and an exploiting of people with an addiction to buying "stuff."

It's a damn carto tank. It's made of thin glass that brakes from accounts... and hmm... you can take this out and about???

Really???

Buy an air tank controller for $3 bucks and tweak to your hearts content on a 510 connection if the "air draw" is the holy secret to this $109 buck tank "Zen."

$25 bucks get's you a thicker, superior treated glass IBtank with caps and goodies.

$109 bucks for a tank to HOST a random cartomizer with fixed air draw? Really??? REALLY???

As if cartomizers lacked so much flavor to begin with??? This miraculous "host" of said cartomizer could bring them a new birth outside of proper punching, juice feeding, and wattage?

"Hear Here! This will CURE your cartomizer!"

BULL CRAP,

-B

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread