Zmax settings

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ive received my zmax and am having fun with the vari watt setting that im not used 2 yet..i have always been a vari volt vapor, so i cranked it up to 8 watts and after a couple drags i start to get a burnt carto taste, 6.5 watts seems to keep it nice as a 5 volt vape would feel on my provari..anyone else notice this? My setup is a glass tank and 3ohm boges...to the people who use vari watt what it ur watt settings??..thanks

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I watched a zmax review video yesterday. It is one of those with PWM. I wonder if the wattage settings are higher than "normal" like the voltage setting are. What I'm saying.. if 3v feels like 3.7v.. does a setting of say, 6 watts feel like it's higher? I wish all the calibrations on all these devices were the same. Not that I'd buy one... it would just be a lot simpler.

5 volts on a Provari with a 3.0ohm atty/carto would be 8.3 watts. Are you using a single 18650 or two 18350 batts Jamentertainment (guessing sir)? With mine is it's set to 6.5w with single 18650 it's usually in the 7.1w range with mine, with two 18350's it's closer to 7.8w range.

Using a single 18650

I hear ya, and if i put the zmax to 8.5 watts it would be burnt, ive tested a couple different cartos and my main cartos are boge 3.0's...have been using them slotted in a tank on my provari for over a year now, 6.5 watts on the smoktec " for me anyway" hits like 5 volts.....7 watts works ok but begins to taste burnt

Last edited:

RsK0807

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2012
Columbia, Pennsylvania, United States
From what i get from the ECD Meter vids are that some of the Chinese PWM mods (SMOKtech) have been tuned incoorectly using the V-average as the tuning point, when the V-RMS should be what they're tuning to. This resuts in higher outputs than you have set. about 1-1.2 volts higher. So when the ZMAX is doing its internal calculations in wattage mode, it's setting it to the "right" voltage, but your still getting that higher ACTUAL voltage output.
Basically, if you want to vape at 8 watts, set your ZMAX to 6 watts and work up from there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread