Feb 11, 2013
Alberta, Canada
Last edited:

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
Happy for you guys, i am moving on. Too old to sit in front of a computer hitting F5. I am a little upset as i did not even get the email notification they were back in stock. How did you find out?

Yeah, they are releasing 200/week for the last few weeks, doing all they can to make enough to satisfy demand. Initially they planned on making 1,000 total units. They are at ~800 now, with demand still high. Zen says they will make "many times their initial plan, several thousand" and will satisfy all demand out there.

But if you want it NOW, dont expect to get it easily or without the F5 bombs. You have to kinda stalk to get it now, and thats the way it is. Just what happens to a startup product which is in high demand. Same with the high end rebuildables, they are rarely in stock and when they are, they go QUICK. At least with the ZNA, they are making hundreds per week and getting them out as quick as possible, instead of releasing one batch every 1-2 months...

frazz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
Rhode Island
The little plate on my zna has a good amount of give to it to adjust

It might seem to have a little play, but it is possible it sits lower thank you think when the cap is on. The black Delrin that sits on top is not really fixed to anything and can come up a bit when you remove the top cap.... making you think it has more play than it does. the copper piece is really just a piece of PCB with a hole in it and one wire soldered to it... they say they test fire them before shipping.... if that is the case, mine didn't survive the shipping process in the nice padded case. With the direction of HOH, I removed the Delrin and found that one wire broken. I personally after the problem, don't want to mess around in there too much..... one of mine is out for replacement.

eda123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
Austin
FYI that delrin ring IS there for a purpose. That is for reverse battery protection. If you adjust the hex bolt out too far, you will fry your device if you accidentally put a battery in backwards. Yeah I know it will never happen because you are careful... But I don't want to take the risk with a near $300 mod!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread