Variable voltage mod rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
All you advanced building-people geeking out on this thread may well be using some secret code used to communicate with each other regarding the pending zombie apocalypse ...

But since the OP is done, if I may detract a bit...

I love vaping. I use the same Joytech Ego C-twist and vision mini vivi nova tank set up I did when I started. While I wonder if I'm missing out by not using an advanced mod, I have no desire to use tools and build stuff or do math. So, my question is:

Is it an improved experience to use a fancy mod AND if so, can it be done without getting as complicated as this thread?

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
All you advanced building-people geeking out on this thread may well be using some secret code used to communicate with each other regarding the pending zombie apocalypse ...

I love vaping. I use the same Joytech Ego C-twist and vision mini vivi nova tank set up I did when I started. While I wonder if I'm missing out by not using an advanced mod, I have no desire to use tools and build stuff or do math. So, my question is:

Is it an improved experience to use a fancy mod AND if so, can it be done without getting as complicated as this thread?
My OPINION, is that if you're happy with your setup, you're golden. Personally, I've started viewing this as a hobby; I love trying out new wicking material and trying different things with the coils using different wire, coil spacing, coil sizes, changing the resistance just to see how it reacts. The biggest difference for me was when I changed from the caromizer/tank setup. Once I tried a rebuildable setup, every time I tried a cartomizer, the only thing I could taste was the "fill."

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com

Rebuilding is not hard it is just a initial learning curve then it is smooth sailing.

williebb123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 1, 2010
Mount Shasta California

no you dont , you dont have to be a mechanic to drive a car , these guys are just so involved at what they love they like to prove their tech abilities , its all in good fun

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)

Yes!

My opinion, of course.
Emoticono52_zps22babed1.png

As you may realize from your experience, the "topper" (atomizing device), flavor & % of PG/VG, and power levels are the keys. It's not looks, expense or fashion. The next key is consistency, meaning if I set my device to 3.7 will the vape be pretty much the same until the I need to charge the battery.

Some vari devices are much better than others at doing that. Using larger batteries (18650, ie) generally help on that as well over smaller batteries and ego sized devices. You may have seen your twist's vape sag a bit, or not. Some notice it more than others.

I happen to prefer vw or vv and do find the prothingy and mods with evolv products in them to provide a smooth consistent vape.....and I think one could call them fancy mods.

Of course, finding the "topper" you like may be just as important, or possibly more important, when it comes to improved experience. I happen to be quite satisfied with carto tanks and non-rebuildable attys.......and only use the new style tanks and clearo's on occasion as for me they do not perform as well.......less improved experience.

I haven't gotten into the hobby of building coils or using RBA's, but those that have enjoy tinkering and experimenting with this trend and many will tell you it's the way to go because they've made it work for them and they enjoy those experiences.

Last edited:

yo419g0tamin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
westland, mi
www.youtube.com
Imho I can make a cheap smoktech octopus rda (modified) work just as well as a trident, it will only vape as good as the coil built on it.

So yes building coils can make your experience better but if you are satisfied with what your using atm then why change, I was happy with my puritank but I like to tinker so this has become a hobby, built a micro coil on my puritank and it was heaven so my non-stop obsession with vaping begun.

Bellerine

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2013
Florida
Thanks. I am pretty happy with my setup, truth be told. I just can't help wondering if that's because I don't know any better. I guess I'm asking someone to take a picture of the grass on the other side of the fence before I jump it.

I realize some people enjoy tinkering. I didn't mean to sound patronizing; it was an attempt at humor from someone who cannot speak intelligently on the topic.

I'm still not sure if some of the more expensive mods offer an improved experience for someone who isn't into math and tinkering. That's what I'm trying to find out.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Tired of this thread? You started it buddy...

Of course he got tired of the thread.....he probably realized how ridiculous his OP was, especially after reading some of the replies, and got frustrated but knew he was wrong, lol :( I'd be done with the thread too if I were him!

I saw the whole statement , "Everyone prefers subohm coils" and knew it was going downhill from there, lol.

As for using subohm coils on the Provari....why not use the provari as intended, and go with mechs for subohm?

Also, he didn't make a clear case explaining why he HAS to have subohm coils...I'll agree with the others.....unless you are specifically trying to cloud chase in a competitive manner, you should be able to do everything you need without HAVING to use subohm coils.

I enjoyed reading this thread though, the replies were awesome, haha.

Zak Rabbit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Orange, California, United States
Thanks. I am pretty happy with my setup, truth be told. I just can't help wondering if that's because I don't know any better. I guess I'm asking someone to take a picture of the grass on the other side of the fence before I jump it.

I realize some people enjoy tinkering. I didn't mean to sound patronizing; it was an attempt at humor from someone who cannot speak intelligently on the topic.

I'm still not sure if some of the more expensive mods offer an improved experience for someone who isn't into math and tinkering. That's what I'm trying to find out.

I didn't take you as patronizing, I answered as honestly as I could. Hope you didn't feel I was being mean. If you want to try a few different things, it can be done pretty cheaply. Look up one of the tutorials on how to rebuild the head on your vivi nova and go from there.

Sent via the guys that made Star Trek low tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread