Was just vaping and am concerned about a throat burn that hurt.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Will I get used to it?

Why would you want to get used to it?
Find a different set up that is more suitable (lower power higher Ω) and or liquids you like, why torture yourself.

This is silly, if you put your hand in scalding water enough times you'll get used to it, what damage is being done in the process & why would you put yourself through it.
Pain is a warning sign from your body...

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
Why would you want to get used to it?
Find a different set up that is more suitable (lower power higher Ω) and or liquids you like, why torture yourself.

This is silly, if you put your hand in scalding water enough times you'll get used to it, what damage is being done in the process & why would you put yourself through it.
I wanted to smoke analogs but won't due to the health effects so I'm looking for strong flavor.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
The blue lit device in the pic should be what you're using.
When you got that burnt wood taste, did your throat close up on you? Kind of like a quick choking ?

Attachments

• 20170427_195519.jpg
    20170427_195519.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 26

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Yes, I was choking slightly.

Sounds like a dry hit to me. Your pressing the fire button a few seconds before the inhale probably did it to you.
The liquid was overheated, formaldehyde was created and your throat reacted to it. Not pleasant!

You may want to try to start the inhale Before firing. This will help to saturate the wick and may even increase the flavor for a bit.
Once you're use to vaping, you'll figure out when to start the inhale on your device(s).

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
Sounds like a dry hit to me. Your pressing the fire button a few seconds before the inhale probably did it to you.
The liquid was overheated, formaldehyde was created and your throat reacted to it. Not pleasant!

You may want to try to start the inhale Before firing. This will help to saturate the wick and may even increase the flavor for a bit.
Once you're use to vaping, you'll figure out when to start the inhale on your device(s).
So I'll replace the coil and should be fine, thanks man your a scientist I presume?

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So I'll replace the coil and should be fine, thanks man your a scientist I presume?
In no way shape or form. Just a Vaper that has made this a hobby. I make most of my own mods and my eliquids, and the only reason I even have an eGo AIO is that the wife didn't like it! I had to make a new one for her to replace it. She complains that she doesn't have enough mods (6).. LOL

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
In no way shape or form. Just a Vaper that has made this a hobby. I make most of my own mods and my eliquids, and the only reason I even have an eGo AIO is that the wife didn't like it! I had to make a new one for her to replace it. She complains that she doesn't have enough mods (6).. LOL
Haha.
So, the lung inhale will take some getting used to regardless of dry hit?

SupplyDaddy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Haha.
So, the lung inhale will take some getting used to regardless of dry hit?

Yes, just like anything new to you. And while I generally do not encourage non-smokers to start vaping, you're an adult and can do what you want. Might as well give you good information to help you.
The eGo AOI is a low power device, made to help you get into vaping. No settings, one button 5 clicks on 5 clicks off, and not a large range of coils to confuse the user. While it may b e sub-ohm, you're not going to get into cloud competitions with it. It's a start(er).

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
Yes, just like anything new to you. And while I generally do not encourage non-smokers to start vaping, you're an adult and can do what you want. Might as well give you good information to help you.
The eGo AOI is a low power device, made to help you get into vaping. No settings, one button 5 clicks on 5 clicks off, and not a large range of coils to confuse the user. While it may b e sub-ohm, you're not going to get into cloud competitions with it. It's a start(er).
I have ADHD and Tourette Syndrome and wanted to find something that helps. Vaping is working with relieving stress etc. I do love the eGo but the device spits through coils from what I hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread