Was just vaping and am concerned about a throat burn that hurt.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
So basically I started vaping yesterday with menthol e juice and yes I felt it in my throat but it felt good and didn't actually hurt....... today I tried out a gold label tobacco juice similar to marlboro lights (never smoked analogs) but reviews stated the similarity.... and got this massive throat burn that tasted like burning wood and it hurt..... is this normal?

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I need a little bit more information in order to help you; what type of setup do you have for vaping? How much nicotine is in your juice? Do you know the VG and PG content? Did you literally just start vaping yesterday? Drinking plenty of water/ fluids? How much are you vaping? Also is this experience only with the new flavor?

Reactions: samandmax

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
I need a little bit more information in order to help you; what type of setup do you have for vaping? How much nicotine is in your juice? Do you know the VG and PG content? Did you literally just start vaping yesterday? Drinking plenty of water/ fluids? How much are you vaping?
Sure thing, I'll list everything below.
VG 65% / PG 35% HIGHER VG
0 nicotine
Joye eGo AIO Starter Kit
Yes, started vaping yesterday.
Drank an iced starbucks coffee right before vaping.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
I would advise you to check your coil and make sure it's not burnt. Take it out and inspect it, make sure there isn't anything that looks burned or a different color than your liquid. If your coil looks clean try vaping the other flavor to see if it's the new flavor causing issues.
Just remembered that I didn't put the gold label tobacco e juice in the coil, I just filled the fill line up..... with the menthol I put some juice in the coil and it didn't hurt.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
What do you mean by e liquid literally on my coil? I filled e juice to the fill line inside of the aio.
A dry hit is when your coil (cotton) does not absorb your ejuice as fast as your vaping. When the cotton does not absorb the juice and you fire the device your basically vaping burned cotton and a hot coil. 65vg isn't too high but for the device your using it could be if your chain vaping. VG is more viscous than pg and will take longer to wick ( longer for the cotton to absorb)

Reactions: Eskie

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
A dry hit is when your coil (cotton) does not absorb your ejuice as fast as your vaping. When the cotton does not absorb the juice and you fire the device your basically vaping burned cotton and a hot coil. 65vg isn't too high but for the device your using it could be if your chain vaping. VG is more viscous than pg and will take longer to wick ( longer for the cotton to absorb)
I used my vape once yesterday and once today (only vape all the juice in the fill line)..... so I'm not a chain vaper. However, I am concerned.

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
If you used the same coil I don't see your issue being from not priming the coil with the new flavor. Try a new coil and prime it until it looks saturated with juice (don't over saturate) Attach the coil and fill with juice to the line and let it just sit for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes you can start vaping but take it easy so the coil can break-in. Short draws, with enough time in between to let the cotton soak up more juice.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
If you used the same coil I don't see your issue being from not priming the coil with the new flavor. Try a new coil and prime it until it looks saturated with juice (don't over saturate) Attach the coil and fill with juice to the line and let it just sit for 10 minutes. After the 10 minutes you can start vaping but take it easy so the coil can break-in. Short draws, with enough time in between to let the cotton soak up more juice.
So throw the bad coil away and still use the gold label tobacco e juice on the new one? I believe the juice is good since it is from Vape Wild, a known company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread