What does your Local Vapor Store Charge for Juice?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been in stores where they install a plastic tip on an atty for you to try a single juice, but the best vapor bar I've seen is at the local Stormy's Vapor Cellar walk in. They have a display in the center with about 50 Vivi Novas and a candy jar full of black plastic drip tips. You grab a tip and try all the juices you want and drop the tip into a recycle bin afterwards.

There's a pad where you can list your favorites as you try and carry the slip to the counter.

Trying juice that way is a lot cheaper than having to buy and trash if it's not what you though it would be. The name and the description doesn't usually match the actual vaping experience.

Last edited:
my local store gives free 5ml samples to take home (of any flavor), 7.99 for a 10ml, 17.99 for a 30 all the way up to 96.99 for a 250ml and you can get an extra flavor shot for a dollar more. The owner makes a lot of flavors in store and also carries some Dekang and Hangsen. She also started a small line of 100% VG liquid recently.. She has all the flavors on sort of a homemade spicerack with t2/t3 and disposable rubber covers for the mouthpiece.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
my local charges $8 for a 10mL. after ordering some juice online last night, i doubt i'll be going back there much.

In a brick and mortar store with employees to assist, $8 is probably a fair price. The bills have to be paid. The key is finding the one you like and using the discount for 30ml or more at a time.

My favorite juice is $8 online for 16ml and they give you a free 3ml sample with every bottle you buy, so the price is actually $8 for 19ml. If you buy 4 bottles of the same juice, you get another free 16ml bottle of the same juice instead of the free samples, which is actually an additional 4ml free juice.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
hmm, I'm getting mine at ~$4 for 50ml. Price will drop a bit on my next order.

Oh, wait, that's right I DIY now, no waiting just step into the lab and see what's on the slab. Hmm, when I was buy premixed juices I was paying $10 for 50ml at MBV and $13 for 30ml at Alien Vapor. The closest thing I have to a local B&M is a couple Smoke shops, where a 15ml bottle was ~$7 if I recall. That was like 5 months ago.

KurrptSenate

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
PA
In a brick and mortar store with employees to assist, $8 is probably a fair price. The bills have to be paid. The key is finding the one you like and using the discount for 30ml or more at a time.

My favorite juice is $8 online for 16ml and they give you a free 3ml sample with every bottle you buy, so the price is actually $8 for 19ml. If you buy 4 bottles of the same juice, you get another free 16ml bottle of the same juice instead of the free samples, which is actually an additional 4ml free juice.

I understand that with convenience comes a price. I've purchased quite a few bottles from them but they just don't see that great. They have some starter gear but really nothing more. I suppose if I needed juice and was worried I'd run out I could see the need to purchase from them again but I'm not trying to put myself in that position.

Superchunk

Moved On
Sep 4, 2013
canada
We've only got one store in Victoria, BC so they get $9 for a 10mil bottle and $20 for 30 mil. They are always busy and you gotta stand in line normally. New arrival to Canada!

Prices are simply different in Canada. $15-20 for 30ml is pretty much the average across the board, including online. There are a few that are cheaper. Aside from the fact that *everything* is more expensive in Canada and smaller markets in general, you have the issue that nicotene isn't that easy to get into the country - people *do* lose money on losing it at the border. A shop can't just go ahead and order $3000 worth of Dekang to be shipped from China and charge a couple of bucks for 10ml here. It's more complicated than that.

I know what shop you are referring to, and you can't do much better without ordering from the States, which is fine but then you don't know when you will be hit with duties, confiscation etc... My last order from MBV cost me $18 to collect on a $60 order. And to be honest, I don't really like any of the juices I got very much. So I got good prices on my juice, but paid $12 in shipping and $18 in duties and taxes and since I couldn't try them first, got a bunch of juices that I like *okay* but don't ever seem to put in my clearo. So...you know...support your local business :)

dreamreaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
Pennsylvania
I always wished I had a B&M store near me, but after seeing some of the prices in this thread I am kind of glad I dont. It forced me to go online, if I had a B&M store I probably would have never searched it out online. Thats just the way I am, if I can find it locally I usually dont bother with online.

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
The new shop i found since my last post (Elite VaporWorks) charges $13.95 for 36ml 70PG/30VG bottle and buy 3 get one free. All the juices are "aged" unless its a custom blend or flavor order. Im really happy with their quality and service too. The staff seems far more professional and informed.

I found a small middle eastern market that also sells LIQUA brand for $9.95 a 30ml bottle. They don't have much of a flavor/nic selection but the price seems really good compared to what i see it sell for online. Flavor is a bit mild but it seems really easy on my cartos. I really like it for the price.

The shop i mentioned in my first post has improved somewhat but i now limit by purchases there. The juice seems ok but you can only get 50/50 or straight VG and they charge roughly double (over $24/30ml) for straight VG with organic flavoring. I had to pry the blend ratio out of them which really irked me. Im a bit uneasy now about "made while you wait". Some of the employees seem clueless and thats not exactly who i want making my juice. I was much newer to vaping in my first post in this thread and my preferences have changed since then also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread