Status
Not open for further replies.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I have both and like both, right now I have the Vivi Nova on my Spinner as a travel unit and the Protank on my Zmax. I would be hard pressed to choose just one, but I like both top and bottom coil systems.

I have the Kanger MT3, T2, and Protank, along with the Vivi Nova SVT, cartos, carto tanks, ICear 30, AGA T+ and the AGI. The truth is the only thing I have tried that I don't like are the CE4/stardust, they had too tight a draw and leaked on the battery post, everything else has a place and I really couldn't pick a favorite.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
After vaping a Vivi Nova for months I ordered a Kanger T3, which is a bottom coil design very similar to the Protank. Using the same juice, I get a little better flavor and much less harshness and no bitterness from the Kanger. My next purchase will be the Protank and I suppose that it will be my favorite of the two.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
I've tried a bunch of clearos. Hate the Stardust (leak in my purse). The vivi novas are okay, but dry hits are annoying.

My protanks are my absolute favorite followed by the Kanger MT3 (I'm not sure what you guys call them here, that's what they're called where I ordered them from).

So, I tend to like bottom coils obviously.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
My protanks are my absolute favorite followed by the Kanger MT3 (I'm not sure what you guys call them here, that's what they're called where I ordered them from).

Even my MT3 is collecting dust. :laugh:

I found the Protank worked well on the eGo-C Twist, but it works even better on my new Vamo.

CandyTX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Austin, TX, USA
candybeauchamp.com
Even my MT3 is collecting dust. :laugh:

I found the Protank worked well on the eGo-C Twist, but it works even better on my new Vamo.

Yeah. I use my Protanks on my Provari and passthrough ego. It just looks silly on the mini that I grab to run out the door. I keep the MT3s for that :)

rushman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Buffalo, NY
I have both of these. I love my kanger but I picked up a nova to get the warmer top coil vape. It definitely is much warmer, but after using the kanger for a while, I just cant get used to the hard pull (nova is a fairly hard pull) and the kanger while 'airy' provides plenty of vapor and is just all around a better feel. The down side right now to the kanger is its a little hard to find replacement coils outside the stock 1.8ohm range.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
The down side right now to the kanger is its a little hard to find replacement coils outside the stock 1.8ohm range.

My Protanks came with 2.5 Ohm coils. I also have two boxes of replacement coils that are 2.5 Ohms. I've never seen a Protank come with a lower resistance coil.

ralajoie22

Moved On
May 9, 2013
Lock Haven
  • Deleted by Dusty_D
  • Reason: Affiliate advertising with links.

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
I am waiting on shipment of some vivi novas from overseas. If anybody on here uses a viva nova on a lava tube I have a question for you: do they look more in place than the clearomizers do? My clearomizer looks like it was built for an ego.

I'll dry off my normal sized Vivi and take pics of the Vivi and Mini Vivi on my Vamo. Should give you an idea of what to expect. :)

Edit --

Here's the Mini:

LsPmxJO.jpg

Here's the "normal sized" Vivi

m6xqrVs.jpg

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
It's funny that when I ordered my first Kanger T3 I didn't know that it was an eGO thread. When it came in I had to use it on an eGo or Riva battery because it wouldn't fit my Provari. This time, I ordered a 510 to eGo adapter when I ordered the Protank. I won't get caught short again.

Still, vaping the T3 on an eGo 650mah battery sold me on the Protank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread