Vivi Nova vs. Protank

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I was just wondering what other's opinions are on the Vivi Nova tanks vs. the Protanks. Which do you prefer? Please don't respond unless you have tried both thoroughly. I know everyone likes different. To me it's basically the difference of liking a warmer Vape vs. liking a cooler Vape. I do notice a difference in my all day juice in both tanks also. So here's my summation, and I am well aware alot of people will disagree. I have decided I prefer a warmer Vape with the Vivi Novas and my juice tastes better. The flavor in the Protank seems a little muted. Im not real interested in comparing looks and whether you can change the drip tips, etc. if you had to close your eyes and just enjoy vaping, which one do the rest of you prefer? There is no wrong or right answer. I'm just curious to see which type of Vape is preferred by the majority.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I've got around 10 "vision vivi nova's and just one Pro tank. I'm going with the Pro tank. I like the vape it provides, but this is once again just one persons opinion. I've started using the Kanger T3's kinda like the pro tank and Personally just enjoy the vape they provide over my nova's.
But I'm still staying with my carto/tanks for the best overall.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
I haven't tried EITHER yet, so obviously I can't comment....however, I was planning on ordering a kanger protank today.....so I'd REALLY like to hear comparisons.

I have a feeling I'm going to like the protank more, but I'm not ENTIRELY sure which one I'll order first.

So guys, compare away :)

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I agree with you 100% on the vivi nova over the protank.

The vape is better (the protank is far too airy). Beyond that, I got maybe 3 tanks worth of liquid to one head on the protank. While on the vivi nova I'm getting 15-20 tanks (with proper cleaning). I haven't yet figured out how to dry burn the pro tank heads yet but i plan on investigating this weekend. I can't get that metal post out and I'm concerned that even if i do get it out and dry burn that once reinstalled it will leak.

None of these problems are present with the vivi nova.

The one advantage the pro tank has is that it's glass. Why can't someone make a pyrex vivi nova??

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I know people say you have to tilt the Vivi Nova for it to vape well. From what I see that is true if you let it get too low, like less than 1/3 of the juice left. At that point, I just top it off with more juice and it wicks fine after that. The glass tube is nice on the Protank if you love certain juices that crack tanks. Luckily my all day vape doesn't crack tanks so in my case, I prefer plastic, because I always drop my mod on the end table, off the end table, etc. The glass tank on the Protank actually makes me leave my Protank at home and only use it at home for fear of breaking it while out and about.

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
Personally I have both and have tried both extensively - The ProTank wins hands down for me. I have Vivi's that have been used and Vivi's that are still boxed and will never be unboxed. The juice tends to get very dark and thick in the Vivi's and for me I don't like pouring juice down the drain - in the ProTank I can vape down to where I can't even see juice in the tank and it doesn't turn dark and thick.

My personal opinion - but my vote goes to the ProTank.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
Been using and rebuilding VNs for what seems like a long time now and have absolutely nothing bad to say about them. They do everything I want. Have been using ProTanks for a month or so now and like them a lot also. I was a bit turned off to the airy vape at first, but then got used to it and didn't think about it anymore. Filled one of my VNs this morning and was shocked at how hard a draw it has (which I never noticed before), and again the slightly better taste and less vapor than ProTank.

BTW, my ProTank darkens juice also. Vape it down low, refill the tank, and I can see the older dark juice floating around for a short time. This is using RY4 which is not a very dark juice to begin with.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The protank isn't darkening your juice, all atomizers will darken juice you must just see it better in the protank. Darkening juice isn't unique to the protank it happens with every device. I prefer the protank just because it's glass and bottom coil so it wicks better in my experience. I use 4 protanks and 1 stv nova and they are both great but with the protank I don't have to tip or worry about what juice I'm using and if it's going to crack the plastic. I don't find the protanks vape to be airy just easier. I still get the same amount of flavor and vapor just with less effort.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
Protank has made my vivas very lonely and forgotten, never use them anymore. I keep filling them with juice, 10 minutes of vaping, and can't wait to screw the protank back on. And before they arrived, I was a viva fanboy. I have better taste in the Protanks, 5 times more vapor, and no more tilting and twirling. The only drawbacks are the glass may crack, but I've also had to replace 2 viva plastic tanks from cracks when I dropped them. And the 510 base connector is very fragile, already busted 1 of them, a replacement is on way.

withravenoushunger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2010
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Overall, Protank. I like the Protank's design and glass is always a plus. I think the flavor is a bit better. My only problem is that it leaks. And I wish I could fully disassemble it. Nova's are nice but I think the vapor is too hot and it will even burn my lip if I take too long of a drag. It's nice that I can take the entire thing apart and there's more options for the tanks. I would like to see a glass tube for the Nova. I've also not experienced any leaking issues from what I can remember. They also cost less. I like to keep both around even though I get much more use from my Protank. The Nova might be a good alternative if you prefer a warmer vape.

alcarl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Niagara Falls, NY
I agree with you 100% on the vivi nova over the protank.

The vape is better (the protank is far too airy). Beyond that, I got maybe 3 tanks worth of liquid to one head on the protank. While on the vivi nova I'm getting 15-20 tanks (with proper cleaning). I haven't yet figured out how to dry burn the pro tank heads yet but i plan on investigating this weekend. I can't get that metal post out and I'm concerned that even if i do get it out and dry burn that once reinstalled it will leak.

None of these problems are present with the vivi nova.

The one advantage the pro tank has is that it's glass. Why can't someone make a pyrex vivi nova??

I'd buy 20 pyrex vivi novas if they existed.

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois
I'd buy 20 pyrex vivi novas if they existed.

I think I would too. I'm just not getting the flavor from the ProTank as the Vivi Nova and iClear 30. ProTank is slick though, no question. I think the airyness of the ProTank has a lot to do with my perception of flavor from it. Vape from the ProTank seems dry and thin. Not the case with Vivi Nova and iClear 30. Ya, I know, this thread is ProTank -vs- Vivi Nova. Sorry if I've hijacked somewhat by thrown the iClear into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread