About to give up, all I want is a Marlboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

vangroover

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
My two cents: House of Liquids has some really, really great tobacco flavours, especially their "El Toro" line. Natural tobacco extracts aged in oak barrels... I've tried several. I know you're looking for a cigarette taste (I haven't found that, and I've been searching for a while), but the Gueverra and Cigarellos Naturales really taste like cigars (great ones!). Just remember that they need to steep for a couple of weeks.

The Finest eLiquid Brands Worldwide

muttlover3

Aug 3, 2013
simi valley ca
Hi pz--I'm new to vaping as well,--smoked MB lights and American Spirit Yellow's for 40 years. Just the other day, i was wanting to sit outside and have a smoke, like i used to. there's more to it than just the nico hit. there's an entire psychology to it as well. i understand how you feel and i empathize with you. what helps me is that i DO NOT keep analogs in the house, car, or in my purse. they simply are NOT an option for me. i've drawn the line with myself, and when i feel weak, i tell myself "this is what's available to you. it's this (vaping) or nothing." It really works for me. if your goal is to quit, remember: vaping is just a tool. YOU are the one, ultimately, who has the power, NOT the vaping device. best to you-hope this helps!

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
what helps me is that i DO NOT keep analogs in the house, car, or in my purse. they simply are NOT an option for me. i've drawn the line with myself, and when i feel weak, i tell myself "this is what's available to you. it's this (vaping) or nothing." It really works for me.

For me that would have made me crazy, the same way running out of cigarettes did. I live in the sticks and it's not like I can just walk across the street to a 7-11 for a pack of smokes. I could go hours without smoking if I had a carton, but let me get down to the last few in my last pack and I started to get antsy. I was one of the lucky ones that was immediately able to stop smoking when I started vaping. I still have an open pack and a lighter on the dash of my car. Because it's there, I don't feel deprived. I smoked a few drags of one a few weeks ago just to see if it was as good as I remembered. Um, no. It sucked and I almost immediately threw it out. I have no desire to smoke again, but that pack will likely stay in my car for a while longer, just because.

Sambuca

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2013
Albuquerque
You guys are awesome, please keep the encouragement coming. I tried various voltage and vg/pg properties, nothing appears to work for me. I do want to kick the habit for my health and my wife.

What I find weird is that sometimes I somewhat enjoy my e-go with tobacco juice in the evening, but in the morning I want the real thing (analog), what's wrong with me.

I don't want sweet, no caramel, just plain burning tobacco - is that not available? I've tried many other juices and I just can't stand mango, apple, etc. - I wish I could....

Cheers,
Pete

good luck. here's my 2 cents. imho, you (as most smokers are) are either addicted physically to the nicotine and/or (and more likely a combo of the both) the mental aspects of smoking. like you, i've been trying to find that "analog" taste with a vape...

no luck yet. i've seen the likes on MBV 555. personally, they are just awful to me. on the other hand, MBV is my favorite juiceman, just not ANY of their tobaccos. 2 flavors i got as "larks" duche de leche and root beer as a freebie are my staples.

for that morning ".... rush", try finding a 36mg flavor. your physical addiction will be satisfied, you just need flavor worked on. aqua Vapor has a "make your own" sample pack, 29.95 for 10 - 10ml juice (10%off with switch as coupon code). read the descriptions and pick all tobacco flavors. (they only go up to 24mg, but that is strong too.) i had a pack waiting when i got home from the hospital on Friday. only tried 5 so far, but Cuban Select is my favorite and the 555 ain't far behind. the Windstone is "kinda" analog-ish, but i prefer something with a little flavor, like Daughters & Ryan dual purpose tobaccos.
Electronic Cigarette / eCig Liquid - Get the best eLiquid / Smoke Juice from Aqua Vapor Cig

i use protanks, evods and davide bcc tanks, they do lack warmness to the vape. someone suggested viva novas, maybe you should give them a go. (top coil tanks)

with regard to flavor, like you, i was in search of that "great cig" taste for a vape. i'm beginning to see that it ain't gonna happen. i plan, based on stuff i've read here to find a good "menthol" substituent. i smoked menthol's in the past, and all you want is an "icy" hit, so i'm hoping to fool myself.

about "goofy flavors", i didn't think i would get into them. i got some stuff (cheap at MBV, and 10% off with vaporfrombaker coupon code) USA Made Nicotine Juice, E Juice, E Liquid, Electronic Cigarette Juice
i just tried stuff (you get a freebie 15ml for more than $15 dollar orders) that i really like, ice cream and root beer. they grew on me real quick! kahlua is next on my "lark" list. just think of your favorite treats and score a small bottle hear and there.

if you think analogs are wonderful, try smelling your ashtrays. they really, really stink.

google for sample packs and look for some bargains or read the forums here. people have lots of good suggestions on tobacco flavors.

it is hard to break the mindset that "cigs" taste good. they don't. when you find a good "cig" taste, they're kind of awful. they taste like smoke. 'm still looking, but i think when i get some new davides, i'm just gonna enjoy my dulche de leche and my root beer and find 2 other flavors (1 a "cig") and they'll be my all day vapes (together, cuz i switch all day).

i am enjoying this Cuban, but i really like the ice cream and root beer.

it will be easier to change your mindset than find the "perfect analog taste", cuz i doubt it'll ever happen. just up the nicotine and sample some flavors.

just my 2 cents.

you may now return to your regular programming.

good luck!

OhHiImRob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Indy
I just wanted to chime in with another stick with it. And best of luck. Vaping is still pretty new for me (I'll be at two weeks without an analog late Sunday evening). Inexplicably after 22 years of smoking ~1.5pad I completely dropped it with this tool and have had no real cravings.. I started with a tobacco flavor I didn't really care for and have just been sampling other flavors since then- (I still haven't found a good tobacco flavor but I've started to enjoy more of the other stuff that is out there to be honest.) There has gotta be a flavor out there that will work for you. Have faith. =)

Fizzpop

ECF Veteran
May 6, 2013
United States
First, hang in there. You will be glad you did. My wife and I are getting close to our 6 month mark of quitting. We tried everything, gum, patches, Wellbutrin (good God, don't try Wellbutrin, the horror...) vaping was the only thing that worked for us.

We wanted tobacco flavors at first as well. A couple of things you might try:

o Fin e-cigs from Walmart. This is what we first tried. Not a bad tobacco taste, kinda nutty. From time to time wish I could still find a flavor like those Fins.

o E-pipe mods Long Bottom Leaf or Shire Malt. Both of these are great tobacco flavors. I still vape them from time to time.

Story time. As I said above, when we first started vaping, the hunt for good tobacco flavors was on! Then a strange thing happened. We tried some bakery flavors... turned out to be pretty nice, "I'm vaping cake! This is yummy!" Then we discovered tea and citrus flavors, "My word, this is so amazing! Who would have thought we would be vaping this!" I guess what I am trying to say is leave the door open. Try some flavors you don't think you will like, you might surprise yourself.

Edit: As others have said, make sure you are getting enough nicotine. If you were a heavy smoker, go 24mg. This is where my wife and I started, after "getting over the hump" we dropped down to 18mg. Just yesterday we got a new shipment at 11mg. We are slowly dropping the nicotine level. Hope to be at 6mg at our one year anniversary.

Last edited:

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Plus 10 from me on that recommendation.

Want2Vape Morley and other tobacco/cigar flavors are excellent too,.

My two cents: House of Liquids has some really, really great tobacco flavours, especially their "El Toro" line. Natural tobacco extracts aged in oak barrels... I've tried several. I know you're looking for a cigarette taste (I haven't found that, and I've been searching for a while), but the Gueverra and Cigarellos Naturales really taste like cigars (great ones!). Just remember that they need to steep for a couple of weeks.

The Finest eLiquid Brands Worldwide

_more_

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2012
You guys are awesome, please keep the encouragement coming. I tried various voltage and vg/pg properties, nothing appears to work for me. I do want to kick the habit for my health and my wife.

What I find weird is that sometimes I somewhat enjoy my e-go with tobacco juice in the evening, but in the morning I want the real thing (analog), what's wrong with me.

I don't want sweet, no caramel, just plain burning tobacco - is that not available? I've tried many other juices and I just can't stand mango, apple, etc. - I wish I could....

Cheers,
Pete

Welcome to ECF

How many cigarettes do you smoke daily? Because each time you vape instead of smoke it is way better than smoking a pack and a half a day. In other words don't be so down on yourself it just takes some people longer to completely quit.

As for finding a tobacco flavor the one that smells and tastes the most like a cig to me was 555. But now i vape plain unflavored nic juice and it feels/tastes more like a cig and is cheaper too.

You can buy it in any strength from 6mg and up. So you don't have to worry about it being too strong. You could get 24mg or whatever it takes and if you buy small bottles it doesn't cost much at all. That way you can find out what strength is needed to help you.

btw everyone here gave good advice, it is up to you to find what will work for you :)

aerala

Aug 3, 2013
United States
Have you tried abstaining from cigarettes for any substantial period of time? Days, a week? People say you can make the transition to vapor while still smoking some, but to me that doesn't work psychologically. Like, I couldn't stop eating french fries with my fast food by trying to substitute apples or baked potato some of the time and hoping I stop wanting french fries eventually. No, I have to just say, "no more french fries, apples will have to do." Ever experienced how hard it is to start seeing someone new if you are still sleeping with your ex?

Robisto

Jul 14, 2013
New Jersey
It's nice to see all the encouragements from everyone here, what a great group of supportive people!!!

Obviously we are all different and what works for some may not work for others, but we all have/had the same two addictions as smokers/ex-smokers; the physical addiction to nicotine and the psychological addiction to smoking. My recommendation would be to satisfy your physical addiction first by vaping a higher nicotine e-liquid as many have suggested. Try as many flavors as you can from different vendors even if they don't have the taste that you want, and you'll eventually find something agreeable to you or at least vapable (and after some time you will not like it and go looking for something else as your taste buds change) . You will then need to work on satisfying your psychological needs and that is where are all very different and only you will know the best approach for you. Complete abstinence did not work for me and I had to gradually cut down from a 3+ packs a day habit while vaping so it took me over two years to finally quit analogs. Good luck.

peraspera

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2012
midwest
The NJOY King disposable comes more close to mimicking the experience of smoking cigarettes than any other vaping gear. They come in 30 mg. and 45 mg. nicotine strength so they pack a big nic wallop. They are way too expensive to use all the time but can be very useful to get you through cravings. Also, they are only the equivalent to 8 to 10 cigarettes. You can pick them up at many convenience stores.

Also, you might want to look at the NETty awards thread. They had a category for best cigarette flavor.

Last edited:

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
There are some great suggestions here, I might add/repeat:

1) To try to get off analogs, detach yourself from the Analogs, always have a vaper or two within reach with a couple of different flavors and vape the crap out of that. Sounds crude, but in a certain way you have to insist to yourself that this is your new and future fix, instead of the analog. It's a whole lot better than gum, patch or nothing at all.

2) What exactly are the flavors you have tried, in what Nic level and PG/VG ratio? I'm also a former Marlboro smoker and I've found that the TFA American Red is an almost exact replica (in taste).

3) The best Tobacco experience I've had is the Dekang Silver Label RY4. It's not fruity sweet, but it has a smokey feel to it that is the closest to a real cigarette experience I've had. If you ever get your hands on this, it needs at 2-3 weeks steep and ocassional shaking/airing out after opening the bottle.

4) Which takes me to another point - Steeping a tobacco juice is absolutely crucial to getting that authentic SMOKING experience nearly all we ex-smokers look for. Rarely ever have I had a good Tobacco experience on a freshly opened bottle of liquid.

5) It's all in the mind, vaping is the best tool ever devised to separate smokers from cigarettes, you can do it. It can be done. You gotta believe it.

tanzmitpalmer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Kentucky
I'm brand new to the vaping, so I can definitely empathize with the desire for an analog. I still get a craving for a real one in the mornings with coffee. For the first few days of vaping, I gave in and smoked just one every morning, and the aftertaste was just... so bad. I hated it. But the ritual definitely helped me to appreciate the funky-fun flavors a lot more, because that's nasty-aftertaste-free.

It's just... not worth the grody :unsure:

I've also found that upping my nicotine level has helped with the cravings. I'm using 22mg jetcigs prefilled cartos, and they have just the right amount of warmth and throat hit to satisfy the urge. I haven't tried their tobacco flavors yet, so I can't personally vouch for the flavor experience on those. I can say their clove is pretty smashing (I was an avid kretek smoker, as well, heh).

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
#4 is soooooo spot on, its not funny. I tried many of my initial purchases that were "tobaccos" when I first got them in... RY4 (any variety) tasted horrid, 555's tasted horrid, etc. I was smart and didn't pitch them though, and learned that after 2 weeks or so, most of them were at least decent, some outstanding, and some still tasted like something in my cat's litterbox.

I've got a few vendor RY4s and 555's that I break out on occasion still (I mostly do DIY nowadays, and I have my own ry4 mixup that I love... mostly because it doesn't have that tobacco-y taste)

One of the biggest points to keep in mind is that liquids can and do change over time, voltages and wattages. Its best to revisit ones you've purchased but given up on at a later date. If in two weeks its still horrid, then consider alternatives.

Higher nic percentages might also be needed, as so many others have said in this thread.

My bet though, is if you're looking for a no frill tobacco, talk to Jimi D. I know he's been very active in a thread somewhat like this over in the DIY juice forums, and will have some great insights.

Hang in there guys, it DOES get easier with the right mindset. Promise.

Stratman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2013
Florida
Hi there, I'm still new to this (about 4months ago) but I bought V4L, Eversmoke, Njoy, Halo, heck - even an eGO-0 and juices from Halo and Heathers Heavenly vapes and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Where are all the real ex-smokers?! We never smoked apple, cinnamon, rum in analog - I WANT TABACCO, where can I find it????

I'm so sorry I sound frustrated but I spent hundreds of dollars trying to kick this analog habit, and I am ready to throw in the towel. I can't spend anymore money on juices that taste like candy, I just want something that will help me kick analogs to the curb, in an old fashioned smoky, burned kind of taste!

I have learned that I still prefer the traditional e-cigarette style batteries and carts e.g. eversmoke over the eGO's, just because it makes me feel like I'm holding and puffing an analog.

Where can I find that juice that will help me kick the habit (analogs), I am so committed, but every time I try something new, 20 minutes later I catch myself light up an analog......(I smoked Marlboro lights for 30 years, about 1 - 1 1/2 packs)

Please guys, I need help, I want to quit analogs - forever!!!

Again, please excuse my ranting, I'm just frustrated and disappointed that everything I tried tastes anything but an analog, and would appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers,
Pete

These get absolutely no love on here, but I was a pack and a half Marlboro guy too. They worked for me and within 2 weeks I was looking for anything BUT a tobacco flavor.

http://www.themagicmist.com/Vertigo-cartridges-p/vertigo-cartridges.htm

I am an ex 2 pack a day 45 year smoker, who loved smoking. My recommendations as follows - raise you nic level if your not getting satisfied ... you have to move up in the game to at least variable voltage - minimum a twist type battery that can get you to about 4.8 volts warm the vape give you bigger throat hit. As to taste - i didn't even try for tobacco I went straight to coffee which is another love of mine ... also DIY - making my own brew. There are worlds above the simple ecig looking devise - you can find your sweet spot so hang in there. Remember its: vapor, flavor and throat hit - its a relationship between the three that you dial in to your satisfaction, and no one elses. Hope this helps - vape on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread