About to give up, all I want is a Marlboro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus5O

ECF Veteran
a warmer vape? a throat hit?

I find that a warmer vape definitely makes a difference.

When I was using the ProTank, it was too cool.

When I used the Vivi Nova again, I realized that the warm vape was much closer to actually smoking a cigarette. And throat hit is an absolute. Even if the flavor isn't necessarily harsh, I need that hard hit at the back of my throat on the inhale.

I do wish that cigalikes could offer what vaping does. I think that I do miss the whole holding the cigarette between my fingers thing.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
The tobacco flavor that got me off cigs 4 months ago was Totally Wicked's American Red Tobacco. Now it tastes likes a combination of Doritos and toe funk. I've found I enjoy bakery and sweet flavors. When you're ready, you'll find what works for you. Until then, smoke a Marlboro when you want/need to. Don't beat yourself up, because when you find what works, you'll wonder why you ever smoked analogs.

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
What I find weird is that sometimes I somewhat enjoy my e-go with tobacco juice in the evening, but in the morning I want the real thing (analog), what's wrong with me.

Not a thing wrong with you that was the roughest time for me as well. I think it has a lot to do with the habit of doing it more then actually the cig itself. We by nature are creatures of habit and breaking a "tradition" so to speak that we have done for a very long time is hard to do. That was part of my morning routine and has been one of the biggest hurdles to overcome. You can do it but it takes time and dedication. You've got the will just stick with it and it will get better.

Fenris4024

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2013
Lubbock, TX
I don't think there's a liquid out there that will "taste" like a burning analogue. I could be wrong, but I stopped looking for that about 4months ago.

My question is do you get enough nic, or are you looking for that "Just smoked a cigarette" buzz? These are actually two very different things.

If its the buzz you're chasing, perhaps try a WTA liquid? they supposedly have more of that "buzz" effect to them. I've not tried them since I no longer need the "buzz" and I know they're hard to get and expensive by comparison.

If its the cigalikes you prefer, things might be rough, as they simply don't "perform" as well as the bigger batteries, but that being said, I still use mine on occasion when I want something more "portable".

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
You guys are awesome, please keep the encouragement coming. I tried various voltage and vg/pg properties, nothing appears to work for me. I do want to kick the habit for my health and my wife.

What I find weird is that sometimes I somewhat enjoy my e-go with tobacco juice in the evening, but in the morning I want the real thing (analog), what's wrong with me.

I don't want sweet, no caramel, just plain burning tobacco - is that not available? I've tried many other juices and I just can't stand mango, apple, etc. - I wish I could....

Cheers,
Pete

I've never tried any juice that replicates burning tobacco. Not one. I don't believe one exists. There are tobacco flavors and flavors made from tobacco but you're never going to find one that tastes like burning tobacco. Try to accept that, embrace it. Keep your nicotine high and chase the throat hit, forget about flavor - go for the feel.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I don't think there's a liquid out there that will "taste" like a burning analogue. I could be wrong, but I stopped looking for that about 4months ago.

My question is do you get enough nic, or are you looking for that "Just smoked a cigarette" buzz? These are actually two very different things.

If its the buzz you're chasing, perhaps try a WTA liquid? they supposedly have more of that "buzz" effect to them. I've not tried them since I no longer need the "buzz" and I know they're hard to get and expensive by comparison.

Yup, there is nothing in an ecig that will exactly replicate a burning cigarette. WTA liquids may really help though. Again, I have not tried them myself, but have read about them and some people who have had a hard time staying off smokes with regular juice have done very well with WTA juices. If anyone has experience with this stuff, please link to a supplier.

SurphKid11

Verified Member
Sep 25, 2012
Cherry Hill, NJ/Philly
i started vaping back in 2010 with a v2 cig, the small standard cig like ones and it worked for 2 weeks and i couldnt put up with it anymore, i was reading all these things about ho ppl quit by vaping and i couldnt believe it cuz it did nothing for me, i went back to analogs for a year but i still vaped then i switched to egos and it helped a little more but i went back to analogs (still vaping though). THEN i got a mechanical mod (silver bullet) with a 1.3 ohm RBA and its GAME OVER, i finally found what ive been looking for, i finally get what real vaping is all about. as much as you like the small cig-a-like batteries they dont do vaping justice. do some research on mods and Low Resistance vaping or high voltage vaping and i swear to you, you will be amazed at how much of a difference it makes. you will get that hard hitting warm vapor, even a buzz at times and obviously theres no shame in chain vaping lol. find a juice that will replicate tobacco as much as possible, i suggest halo's line of tobacco and get it in the highest mg and u will see a difference. i dont seek out tobacco flavors as much as i used to because no matter what flavor i vape as long as its 24mg on my mod, its satisfies me. just do some research and order what you need to take the next step, and once you do just take it day by day, all you have to do is not smoke an analog each day just get thru the day. Im actually in NA (narcotics anonymous) and after being around the vaping community for the past 3 years its really no different, you can aply the same concepts they use (obviously, its an addiction) and thats what ive been doing. remember all you have to do is get through today. if your having trouble please private message me and we can talk about whatever you want or have any vaping questions. good luck!

Last edited:

DanMcVap

May 31, 2013
SW Idaho
Hi there, I'm still new to this (about 4months ago) but I bought V4L, Eversmoke, Njoy, Halo, heck - even an eGO-0 and juices from Halo and Heathers Heavenly vapes and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Where are all the real ex-smokers?! We never smoked apple, cinnamon, rum in analog - I WANT TABACCO, where can I find it????

I'm so sorry I sound frustrated but I spent hundreds of dollars trying to kick this analog habit, and I am ready to throw in the towel. I can't spend anymore money on juices that taste like candy, I just want something that will help me kick analogs to the curb, in an old fashioned smoky, burned kind of taste!

I have learned that I still prefer the traditional e-cigarette style batteries and carts e.g. eversmoke over the eGO's, just because it makes me feel like I'm holding and puffing an analog.

Where can I find that juice that will help me kick the habit (analogs), I am so committed, but every time I try something new, 20 minutes later I catch myself light up an analog......(I smoked Marlboro lights for 30 years, about 1 - 1 1/2 packs)

Please guys, I need help, I want to quit analogs - forever!!!

Again, please excuse my ranting, I'm just frustrated and disappointed that everything I tried tastes anything but an analog, and would appreciate any help you can give me.

Cheers,
Pete

30 year smoker here, 25 analogs/day. I am not into the tuti-fruiti, berry, apple pie, flavors either. I, too wanted that great Marlboro tobacco flavor. I have only tried Halo Tribecca, and Bold Smooth. Both taste pretty good to me, but still not the same as real tobacco. What nic level are you vaping? I am doing 24, and I have not had an analog since I started vaping May 27, 2013. I stated that I am not into certain flavor groups, but I have found that I like Cinnamon, Root Beer, and most recently Butterscotch flavors. Cinnamon is the one flavor that really helped me the most, but can be harsh on the throat and nose. But I keep my trusty tobacco flavor for my mornings. Vaping the tobacco 24mg with my morning cup of coffee is a must for me.

Yep, I have had some cravings for the real thing, but I just tell myself, "I'm done. I quit smoking. I am NOT going to have a real cigarette. I am NOT going to have even 1 Marlboro(fill in your brand here). Not going back". I have made several attempts in the past to quit smoking. Chantix, gum, patches, lozenges. None of them worked. But this vaping thing has worked. I don't know who said this, but, "I did not come this far to only get this far".

I wish you luck, don't give up. Up your nic level, chain vape, do what it takes. Keep trying suggested tobacco flavors. Do a 1/4 cinnamon to 3/4 tobacco mix. You will find what works for you, and the folks here will give you support.

bleachboy

Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Nashville, TN, USA
Hi there, I'm still new to this (about 4months ago) but I bought V4L, Eversmoke, Njoy, Halo, heck - even an eGO-0 and juices from Halo and Heathers Heavenly vapes and I'm ready to throw in the towel.

Where are all the real ex-smokers?! We never smoked apple, cinnamon, rum in analog - I WANT TABACCO, where can I find it????

I'm so sorry I sound frustrated but I spent hundreds of dollars trying to kick this analog habit, and I am ready to throw in the towel. I can't spend anymore money on juices that taste like candy, I just want something that will help me kick analogs to the curb, in an old fashioned smoky, burned kind of taste!

How did you manage to buy all that stuff and not figure out that "Coconut Creme Pie" or "Cherry Blueberry Bombshell" wasn't going to taste like a Marlboro?

I think the market leader in tobacco-flavored juices is Backwoods Brew.

DanMcVap

May 31, 2013
SW Idaho
i started vaping back in 2010 with a v2 cig, the small standard cig like ones and it worked for 2 weeks and i couldnt put up with it anymore, i was reading all these things about ho ppl quit by vaping and i couldnt believe it cuz it did nothing for me, i went back to analogs for a year but i still vaped then i switched to egos and it helped a little more but i went back to analogs (still vaping though). THEN i got a mechanical mod (silver bullet) with a 1.3 ohm RBA and its GAME OVER, i finally found what ive been looking for, i finally get what real vaping is all about. as much as you like the small cig-a-like batteries they dont do vaping justice. do some research on mods and Low Resistance vaping or high voltage vaping and i swear to you, you will be amazed at how much of a difference it makes. you will get that hard hitting warm vapor, even a buzz at times and obviously theres no shame in chain vaping lol. find a juice that will replicate tobacco as much as possible, i suggest halo's line of tobacco and get it in the highest mg and u will see a difference. i dont seek out tobacco flavors as much as i used to because no matter what flavor i vape as long as its 24mg on my mod, its satisfies me. just do some research and order what you need to take the next step, and once you do just take it day by day, all you have to do is not smoke an analog each day just get thru the day. Im actually in NA (narcotics anonymous) and after being around the vaping community for the past 3 years its really no different, you can aply the same concepts they use (obviously, its an addiction) and thats what ive been doing. remember all you have to do is get through today. if your having trouble please private message me and we can talk about whatever you want or have any vaping questions. good luck!

Yes, I started with an ego c twist and Kanger K2 tank. I just got myself an itaste MVP with iClear16 tank, and what a difference! I, too am starting to enjoy vaping more than before. Equipment does make a difference in the vaping experience.

shakeytails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
Kentucky, United States
I haven't found one that tastes like a burning cigarette, either.

To begin with, I really liked (and still do) V2 cigs Sahara. I've found that Dekang Desert Ship/Camel tastes identical, at least to me. But that flavor is probably not your style-it's rather light and I think it has a hint of citrus notes

If I want harsh, no sweetness, I grab Hangsen 555. I haven't tried any other 555s because this one is cheap from Fasttech and I like it. If I want a quick nic fix, this is my choice. If I were going out drinking, this would also be my first choice for that, too.

Another kinda harsh vape I've tried is Liqua Tiramisu. I didn't like it at first except when mixed with boring supposed-to-be-like-Marlboro liquids. Yesterday I re-visited it as a stand alone and I'm rather liking it's dryness and strong coffee characteristics.

Now my ADVs are sweeter, mostly RY4-ish. Your tastes will change and you'll like different stuff after you get over that initial hump.

Last edited:

BigBen2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
MA, USA
There are several tobacco flavors out there that are like cigars; that's easy to find. Halo Turkish will do that. Like a Marlboro? I haven't found one either.

I'd focus on getting the right nicotine level first; that's the most important. I used to smoke "ultra lights", so I figured that 6 mg/mL would do, but it doesn't. I'm using 12 mg/mL. I'll switch to 6 when I'm ready.

Good luck!

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Yup, there is nothing in an ecig that will exactly replicate a burning cigarette. WTA liquids may really help though. Again, I have not tried them myself, but have read about them and some people who have had a hard time staying off smokes with regular juice have done very well with WTA juices. If anyone has experience with this stuff, please link to a supplier.

Works wonders for me. It can be difficult and expensive to stay well stocked but if you need it it's worth it. Please, for the sake of us vapers who do really need it, if you are doing fine with regular nic juice and are just curious to try it, don't mob the sites; WTA is not an easy commodity and there are truly people who do need it to stay smoke free:

Aroma Ejuice Manufacturer of WTA Whole Tobacco Alkaloid Eliquid

http://wholecig.com/

Lombaowski

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2013
DC via the 313
Some great info in here, very supportive. I can't smoke the tobacco flavors because to me it doesn't replicate an analog, an probably makes an analog more appealing. I think the whole move to fruit and sweet flavors involves dissociation, at least for me. I still need some tobacco flavors when I drink, but still haven't found the right liquid (just ordered a few to include some of the Halos).

I agree with those saying coffee/espresso flavors though. The first two weeks after I quit I used v4L Caffe Mocha 18mg and v4L Dunhall 24mg as a mix to get through the mornings. I vaped 12 mg fruit flavors in the afternoon but those coffee flavors really hit the spot since coffee and analogs go together like Lindsey Lohan and depravity. I still have coffee flavors every morning at higher nicotine levels, not sure how long before that changes (if ever).

I smoked twenty years and never tried to quit because I didn't have the willpower. It's all about finding the right delivery system and a couple of juices you enjoy, then vape yourself until you don't feel so well to make sure the analogs stay in the drawer. Good luck, I don't think going from analogs to vaping is easy at all. What you're going through is pretty normal IMO.

elittle

Aug 4, 2013
Northern CA
I really like USA Blend from pink spot vapors. It was the closest thing I could find to a tobacco like taste without being too sweet. It's more like a pipe tobacco though. Pretty much every juice I've tried that claims to be tobacco flavored tastes nothing like tobacco at all, most of them are disgusting. There is a nice shop that opened near me that will let you sample every juice they have before you buy it which is pretty awesome, saves a lot of frustration from paying for a whole bottle of something gross.

Xenu2112

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2013
Nashville
DON'T GIVE UP!

Trust me, I was in the exact same boat as you a year and a half ago. All I wanted was the taste of my old Marlboro reds in vapor form. After trying several tobacco flavors - some of which made me sick, even, but I powered through it - I heard about a juice called Tampa from Vaporstation.com. it's by far the closest to a Marlboro that I've had, even more so than some that are labeled as Marlboro flavored. I started out at the highest strength and now I'm down to the lowest that they offer.

It's been my go-to vape ever since, and even though I've gotten into some other flavors recently, Tampa is still my main daily vapor. Especially at work, as it's almost odorless and very clean. I'd definitely recommend it for you, and who knows - you may find one you like even better.

Main thing is, again: DON'T GIVE UP! You can do this, trust me. The key is to make sure you're getting the nicotine you need in order to satisfy the physical withdrawals, and then concentrate on finding a flavor you like. In the meantime, stay strong and just come here for support...most everyone on the forum has been in your shoes and can offer you great advice.

If you ever need encouragement, just holler! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread