The Erlkönigin : PICTORIAL

Status
Not open for further replies.

folkphys

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Chapel Hill, NC
If your wick shoulders are broad and puffy enough to somewhat "seal" against the inner bell of the chimney, the airflow shouldn't matter. I've never closed the AFC (removed now anyway) to fill it. Too much fiddling, and I like to keep the ErlK on my device so I can take that first toot immediately after filling it. Q's "bowtie" wick is usually how I cut it......although for me it helps to gently fluff the wick ends upward a bit, so they pass just above the "arches", right before I make the final snips. I let the scissors rest against the arches at a ~60deg angle and snip, then push the wick ends back down into place. This usually results in full fat shoulders that extend out far enough to do the sealing but still only drop the scantest bit of fluff down into the vertical course of the channels. Additionally, if I'm using 70%VG juices, I usually omit the FlutterRing during reassembly.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Sorry Rant Time:

There's something wrong about the new ECF. It seems to be unattractive and boring to me. The 'look' is dated, fonts are skimped, notifications are sparse, searching is cumbersome, wasted screen space AND comments / posts enclosures are horrible.

Besides, I also have to reduce the brightness of my screen everytime I switch from other sites to ECF now :(

I believe it is more intended / intuitive for mobile browsers now (is it?) ~ but hey, there are plentiful folks who still use a computer (like me) for visiting forums and uploading / downloading ~ this 'new format' is not at all PC / Mac friendly for the purpose.

Overall this is becoming a daunting and unexciting experience to come to ECF, unlike before. The charm is lost. The fun is gone - and by God it was some serious funtime being on ECF before(!) - not any more. I am in fact, unintentionally, avoiding to visit ECF threads now ~ and that is strange for me.

Is it just me?

tchavei

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2014
Portugal
Sorry Rant Time:

There's something wrong about the new ECF. It seems to be unattractive and boring to me. The 'look' is dated, fonts are skimped, notifications are sparse, searching is cumbersome, wasted screen space AND comments / posts enclosures are horrible.

Besides, I also have to reduce the brightness of my screen everytime I switch from other sites to ECF now :(

I believe it is more intended / intuitive for mobile browsers now (is it?) ~ but hey, there are plentiful folks who still use a computer (like me) for visiting forums and uploading / downloading ~ this 'new format' is not at all PC / Mac friendly for the purpose.

Overall this is becoming a daunting and unexciting experience to come to ECF, unlike before. The charm is lost. The fun is gone - and by God it was some serious funtime being on ECF before(!) - not any more. I am in fact, unintentionally, avoiding to visit ECF threads now ~ and that is strange for me.

Is it just me?

Humans are good at four things: pattern recognition, screwing other humans, adaptability and habit forming.

You're reacting to a big change in the way this forum is used. It's normal. Most will hate it in the first couple of days but they will adapt.

Personally I hate being without Tapatalk but hey, you guys are worth the added hassle to keep track of this forum through a mobile browser so I adapt.

Cheer up :)

Tony

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
Humans are good at four things: pattern recognition, screwing other humans, adaptability and habit forming.

Tony

I don't know if I'm good at the second thing, in the literal sense, but I try and practice my craft as much as possible.

Mtek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2014
WA
I actually was referring to screwing in a bad sense and not the 50 shade one ;)

I knew that Tony, why I used the literal sense. In a figurative sense, as you invented, I can say I don't do that to others though...but I agree, many humans are indeed good at it.

Reactions: roxynoodle

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
Before going to my Posts/ my threads in the drop down from the left corner made it easy to follow what I wanted. This is a real chore just trying to search/find my threads I enjoy posting in now. I hear your frustration Q. It isn't the joy it was trying to navigate on ECF now. Just finding this thread was a headache now.

Reactions: qorax

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Before going to my Posts/ my threads in the drop down from the left corner made it easy to follow what I wanted. This is a real chore just trying to search/find my threads I enjoy posting in now. I hear your frustration Q. It isn't the joy it was trying to navigate on ECF now. Just finding this thread was a headache now.
Try swinging a golf club for the first time.

Or the 10,000 time for that matter.

Give it 5 days and this will all be second nature to ya. And you won't even remember what the old forum looked like. Humans adapt.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.
@qorax they're working on a darker/lower contrast theme for the forum, so in a while people like you and I won't be blinded by all the whiteness. lol :)

Spoke with Dusty right after they came back online. The software guys didn't import the previous forum default styles. The last time they changed the format I could still default to the original style. No such luck this time. He had mentioned the darker format in the future as the other option.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread