IPV4 preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
I just got my ipv4 today and it does not have temperature control out the box. You need a software upgrade (says so on the instructions), but I have no clue where to get it. It isn't on the pioneer4you website. I've only been vaping on it for about half an hour, so far so good on standard mode.

Edit:
Nevermind, just started going through the menus. I haven't figured it out all the way yet.

Last edited:

Fictitious Character

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2014
USA
21ljvp2.jpg

Last picture for now. As you can see, possibly even tell by the size of the actual box, there's no wall charger (real big surprise, coming from the ipv3 launch). I wouldn't use it anyway, but that might piss people off who were expecting it. Anyway, that's all that's in there!
Thanks for the pics and the first impressions. When you get a chance could you post some images of the screen? I figured the wall charger would be much like the missing ipv3 charger.

Reactions: Petabread

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Thanks for the pics and the first impressions. When you get a chance could you post some images of the screen? I figured the wall charger would be much like the missing ipv3 charger.
I certainly will! My batteries are almost done charging. You know how long new batteries take to charge lol. Feels like 5 hours.

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
I certainly will! My batteries are almost done charging. You know how long new batteries take to charge lol. Feels like 5 hours.

was your screen scratched up out the box? i can't figure out if there's film over the screen and whether that's what scratched up or my actual screen.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
was your screen scratched up out the box? i can't figure out if there's film over the screen and whether that's what scratched up or my actual screen.
Yes mine appears scratched. But it looks like it's just a lil screen protector on it like the ipv3 had. Did yours come caked with some weird thick gunk on it? Mine wiped right off.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Here's "joule mode" -
63zjit.jpg

And here's "power mode" -
2lkp9aq.jpg

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I just got my IPV4 today and it does not have temperature control out the box. You need a software upgrade (says so on the instructions), but I have no clue where to get it. It isn't on the pioneer4you website. I've only been vaping on it for about half an hour, so far so good on standard mode.

Edit:
Nevermind, just started going through the menus. I haven't figured it out all the way yet.
It should have TP installed out of the box. The VapeNW video shows them setting the temperature. A new YouTube video posted from p4y had Denny showing how to set it. I'm going to be ...... of its not installed. Never could get the upgrade to work on my IPV3 with laptop or desk computer.

HD

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
The instructions re installing a TC upgrade will be a hang-over from when they were going to ship them late March, before the TC firmware was released. One of the vendors I looked at had a notice about customers needing to upgrade the firmware which would be available April 1st. Then when I emailed that vendor he said they had decided to delay it to pre-install the TC firmware for everyone (a no-brainer of a decision, I'd say.) Then clearly they had far more delays after that! (Or maybe the pre-installing firmware reason was an excuse to cover their much bigger manufacturing delays.)

I guess they'd already printed the instructions about the upgrade and didn't bother changing them before they actually shipped. Because that won't confuse anyone.. :)

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
So what's the deal with this 9v charger not being included? It's going to be a separate accessory, I suppose? And this happened with the IPV3 as well? That's pretty shoddy after all the fuss of it being a separate charger in the first place.

Though I expect I've got a bunch of 9v DC chargers lying around with the right polarity and enough amps, so I can't imagine I (or many of the rest of us) would need to actually buy one - it's just a standard 3.5mm port isn't it?

TheBloke

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2015
Brighton, UK
I don't know why one would want to charge the batteries while inside the device. Much easier to use an actual battery charger for speed, and because of how easy it is to swap them in and out ;)

Yeah, I might not end up doing so regularly, but I'd like to have the option :) Two of my three current mods only charge via cable, and while that's sometimes inconvenient, it's also sometimes more convenient! :)

I am going to get four batteries for my IPV4 so I can have a second set fully charged. But if the 9V charger can charge at 2A (which I think I heard it can) then it's not going to be any slower than my EFest Luc4 charger. Sometimes I will want to continue vaping immediately and then I'll swap out for fresh pre-charged batteries; other times I won't and then it's nice to just be able to plug it in and come back to it fully charged 2-3 hours later.

If I find I don't already have a suitable 9V charger then I won't be in a super rush to buy one, but I will eventually. I like options :)

Oh, and yet another reason I just thought of! If my Luc4 ever dies, or is not with me, then the IPV4 can double as a two-battery 2A 18650 charger :)

Reactions: dems86

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
yeah i jumped the gun a bit. it does have TP installed out the box. i've never owned any pioneer4you mods so the menu system was a little hard for me to navigate at first. my first impressions of the tc on the ipv4 is that i've had to fiddle with it less than i did when i first had the rDNA 40. so far so good. sorry for any confusion i may have caused

foliagegreen

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2013
New York, NY, USA
^^^^^^^^^^what kind of build & resistance are you using?

cannot wait to get mine in my hands!

i used my go to TP build - 11 wraps 2.5mm 28g ni200 single coil on the hobo. ohm reader had it at .12, ipv4 had it .09 - 20J 450F and it is vaping quite nicely.
the ipv4 is quite impressive. i own 2 DNA40s and this is kinda making me forget about them lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread