Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
I wanted to mention another great flavor from Inawera, for those that like pipe tobacco: WG tobacco Cavendish. I mixed it at 3%, with 1% DNB and it is delish: strong tobacco and honey, not too dry, not too sweet. And adding 2 or 3 drops of inawera Clove to 10ml of this mix is something out of this world!

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I wanted to mention another great flavor from Inawera, for those that like pipe tobacco: WG Tobacco Cavendish. I mixed it at 3%, with 1% DNB and it is delish: strong tobacco and honey, not too dry, not too sweet. And adding 2 or 3 drops of inawera Clove to 10ml of this mix is something out of this world!

Looks like BC has the WG Cavendish but only the FA Clove. Anyone used both the FA and Ina Clove to compare them? I'd think Clove is Clove but maybe not.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
My order from Inawera came in today. Anyone have experience using IW concentrates ? The phamplet that came with it is a waste of real estate, not even one mention on how much to use. Their website states that 1-2 drops is enough for 10ml. I mixed three different flavors at 2%(4 drops) with a 50/50 base and steeping them for a couple days before I try them. The Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar and Old Havana smells good out of the bottle, but the Cuban Cigar smell just like popcorn and nothing spectacular. Any input if I should add more or is 2% good enough ?

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
My order from Inawera came in today. Anyone have experience using IW concentrates ? The phamplet that came with it is a waste of real estate, not even one mention on how much to use. Their website states that 1-2 drops is enough for 10ml. I mixed three different flavors at 2%(4 drops) with a 50/50 base and steeping them for a couple days before I try them. The Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar and Old Havana smells good out of the bottle, but the Cuban Cigar smell just like popcorn and nothing spectacular. Any input if I should add more or is 2% good enough ?

You don't mean 4 bottle drops right? because that would be much less than 2%.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
You don't mean 4 bottle drops right? because that would be much less than 2%.

Yup I just use the bottle drops, what else could they mean ?
I have since added another 6 drops for a total of 10 drops per 10ml because I could hardly smell anything in the bottle.

Last edited:

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
Yup I just use the bottle drops, what else could they mean ?
I have since added another 6 drops for a total of 10 drops per 10ml because I could hardly smell anything in the bottle.
Now you are closer to it!
Next you need to find the right % for each flavor. The TA cuban needs 2 to 4% (4 as standalone)...Garuda TA needs 1o to 15 drops as standlone, TAV like 2%.
However Dark Tobacco (the clearest of all them) takes only 1%.

Old Havana is a different story, if you use more than 3-4 drops for 10ml, it would be too strong and nasty. Same happens with Tuscan Garden (worse)...2-3 drops of it is more than enough.

And regarding the Cuban Cigar flavor that you purchased (not the Tobacco Absolute) I don't like it at all, I find its flavor too chemical, but that is only IMO.

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
Most find an average of 50 drops per ml for the Inawera bottles, some bottles and or flavors may be 55-60, meaning if you're making 10ml of liquid then you at minimum 1% is 5 drops (Per 10ml)

10 drops per 10ml = 2%

So when is a drop a drop ? ...LoL
So basically what you are saying is that with the Inawera dispenser bottles is that: 2 drops = 1 drop

Then what is this rubbish on Inawera's website saying that their concentrates are super strong and that you only need 1-2 drops per 10ml ?
"Very concentrated. Add 1-2% (1 drop per 5 ml)"

Using TA Cuban Cigar as a sample:

Inawera:
No mention
http://www.inawera.com/absolut-tobacco-cuban-cigar-10-ml-p-1231.html\

Inawera Flavors:
"Add 10-15 drops per 10 ml"
Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar 10 ml - Inawera Flavors

Inawera Winkel:
"Dosage at 10-15 drops per 10ml liquid is enough."
E-Flavour Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar 10 ml - inawera shop

Looks like their retailers are actually more incline with reality !

Last edited:

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
I tested my drops to mls and came up with:
Bought a dropper from the drug store and came up with 25 drops per mil.
The drippers you get with some juices was 25 drops per mil.
A short drip tip plastic dripper top was 30 drops per mil.
A long drip tip was 40 drops per mil.
I scaled all the drops with a scale with 1 gram = 1mil.
Hangsen has itty bitty driptips on their flavorings and I didn't bother scaling those.
I use a syringe since unless your using the same driptip for all your dripping then it will vary in drop counts.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com

This spreedsheet should help you.

Attachments

• inawera Flavors.pdf
    243.5 KB · Views: 139

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
So when is a drop a drop ? ...LoL
So basically what you are saying is that with the Inawera dispenser bottles is that: 2 drops = 1 drop

Then what is this rubbish on Inawera's website saying that their concentrates are super strong and that you only need 1-2 drops per 10ml ?
"Very concentrated. Add 1-2% (1 drop per 5 ml)"

Using TA Cuban Cigar as a sample:

Inawera:
No mention
http://www.inawera.com/absolut-tobacco-cuban-cigar-10-ml-p-1231.html\

Inawera Flavors:
"Add 10-15 drops per 10 ml"
Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar 10 ml - Inawera Flavors

Inawera Winkel:
"Dosage at 10-15 drops per 10ml liquid is enough."
E-Flavour Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar 10 ml - inawera shop

Looks like their retailers are actually more incline with reality !

I agree, their retailers/resellers often are more in line with reality when it comes to suggested starting percentages. One reseller that used to have the best starting percentages no longer sells Inawera flavors

My comment above applies ONLY when using the retail long tiny thin needle tips bottles that comes on a majority of their flavors.

Percentages would be the same as suggested if measuring with a need;e/syringes, but when doing drops most users are ONLY referring to using drops from the original retail tiny needle tipped bottles.

Some flavors may need only 1% (Measured with syringe, or 4-6 drops per 10ml), and some flavors may be best starting at 1-2 drops per 10ml (Not very many at all are this concentrated, maybe a few TA's, I'm not sure as I don't use tobacco's often)

Reactions: EdT586

EdT586

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2015
Canada
I agree, their retailers/resellers often are more in line with reality when it comes to suggested starting percentages. One reseller that used to have the best starting percentages no longer sells Inawera flavors

My comment above applies ONLY when using the retail long tiny thin needle tips bottles that comes on a majority of their flavors.

Percentages would be the same as suggested if measuring with a need;e/syringes, but when doing drops most users are ONLY referring to using drops from the original retail tiny needle tipped bottles.

Some flavors may need only 1% (Measured with syringe, or 4-6 drops per 10ml), and some flavors may be best starting at 1-2 drops per 10ml (Not very many at all are this concentrated, maybe a few TA's, I'm not sure as I don't use tobacco's often)

Even when using dispensing tips there are different size tips, but at least there is a global standard for those tips ! I have a box of the 14GA tips for use with syringes, just big enough to suck up VG with some resistance.

Blunt_End_Stainless_Steel_Dispense_Tips_90_degree_bend_luer_lock__634544547326787624_1.JPG

Aurora-Oblivion

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Isle of the Wizards
See, that's what I meant EdT586 :)

50 drops per ml / 5 drops per 10ml = 1%

I do know what you mean about tips.needles and how many variables there can be, but I was only referring to the original stock bottle tips. Long thin needle type, from Inawera as you mentioned. Other companies use these too and many DIY mixers know which they are and it's almost a known standard for those type of tips)

Art Mustel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2009
When Inawera talks drops, they talk about their bottle drops, and that is pretty precise. Sometimes they use % instead. Nothing like our own experiences and mistakes. I coincide with Aurora-Oblivion, to me 50 drops of Inawera ORIGINAL bottles are equal to 1ml. At the end, more or less flavor...al can be fixed, nothing to worry much about, just add flavor (if bland) or nicotine compound (if weak). The good thing is that we can have 5 or 6 Inawera Tobacco flavors and 5 or 6 Hangsen ones and mix them to the extent of our imagination and get wonderful tobacco e liquids, as long as we keep the proportions right since Inawera are much more concentrated than Hangsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread