Status
Not open for further replies.

keepsmiling

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2014
Florida
The lady at the rescue wrote out a bunch of info on care and detox. She said they often come in smelly from all the junk food, and to give him Apple cider vinegar for a month to detox him.I have the best, Bragg's with "the Mother". Also some milk thistle, and coconut oil, which I have as well. She warned me about bloat, and said they need to stay inside in the heat as they can get over stressed easily. Looks like our dog food bill just doubled.:)
She also said to just do rabies today, as we don't want to over tax his system. And if he has heartworms they can tell me the "slow kill method" which all the big guy rescues use.
Thank you RN, I thought that is what he is, but he is just so underweight it was hard to tell.
Thanks all for the good wishes and kudos. I think any one of you would do the same in this situation if you could.:2cool: You are good and loving people. My Troy has an even bigger heart than I thought.:wub:

darksparkle13

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 9, 2014
kansas city, mo
KS what exciting news, George seems liek the perfect name!!!!

Momma sorry your upcoming weekend is gonna be a tough one!

Aik insightful thank you!

Splay you you were the one that got the starburst totally wnat to see pics very jelly!

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
aikanae - Thanks for that info. I hadn't considered it in that light. I hope you're right that the story isn't valid. :)

I dropped over and looked at the woodvil's... wow there are some beauties there! Hope everyone that wants one, gets one and gets the one they want most! :toast: Maybe I'll be able to consider it next year. :w00t:

KS - that sweet dog certainly landed right where he needed to be to get all the love and help he needed today. :wub:

mommab - So glad your thumb is free at last! Don't over-do it this weekend.

nadiam - Hope everything is okay. We haven't heard from you in a couple of days. :)

Hi all! Just popping in-had a couple of free minutes. We are having our biggest tournament of the year this weekend-The Memorial.

Kayte, there are some really gorgeous Woodvils and I thought that I was going to miss out because of work. But, a kind soul has offered to snag me one[emoji3] My first choices are one of the ones with a plunger door. ( If he can't get one of those, I have some other choices)My hands will appreciate the plunger door on bad thumb days. I was floored and so appreciative of his offer [emoji3]

Back to it! Y'all behave and have a great afternoon [emoji631]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk with my paws :)

Mommabird62

mommabird62

squonkhead
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
NC
The lady at the rescue wrote out a bunch of info on care and detox. She said they often come in smelly from all the junk food, and to give him Apple cider vinegar for a month to detox him.I have the best, Bragg's with "the Mother". Also some milk thistle, and coconut oil, which I have as well. She warned me about bloat, and said they need to stay inside in the heat as they can get over stressed easily. Looks like our dog food bill just doubled.:)
She also said to just do rabies today, as we don't want to over tax his system. And if he has heartworms they can tell me the "slow kill method" which all the big guy rescues use.
Thank you RN, I thought that is what he is, but he is just so underweight it was hard to tell.
Thanks all for the good wishes and kudos. I think any one of you would do the same in this situation if you could.:2cool: You are good and loving people. My Troy has an even bigger heart than I thought.:wub:

Good advice. Does this means he is staying with you? Bless you for helping him. And it's like they really know when they have been rescued and safe. [emoji4]

Mommabird62

nadiam

Oct 13, 2014
London UK
aikanae - Thanks for that info. I hadn't considered it in that light. I hope you're right that the story isn't valid. :)

I dropped over and looked at the woodvil's... wow there are some beauties there! Hope everyone that wants one, gets one and gets the one they want most! :toast: Maybe I'll be able to consider it next year. :w00t:

KS - that sweet dog certainly landed right where he needed to be to get all the love and help he needed today. :wub:

mommab - So glad your thumb is free at last! Don't over-do it this weekend.

nadiam - Hope everything is okay. We haven't heard from you in a couple of days. :)

Hi all. thank you for the concern Kayte. Have been getting a bit more sleep so grabbing it when I can!! Also been researching how best to help Jason as there are major changes here in the UK with help for people with disabilities to get assistance to live as independently as possible. Times have been hard here for some people and there is a lot of misinformation thrown around regarding people scamming to get help. The few that do make it bad for everyone else who doesn't. I really must not get on my soap box here its not fair on you guys especially when the whole world has their fair share of worries!!! Kayte and Doug your tips continue to give us much joy. :)Love to you all on here.

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Oh, and yes, Sirius, I have some MM tips, thanks to KS :)
Well welcome to the mountain roxynoodle...You sure will fit right in here.

I'm really the only one that has to be hit over the head with Kaytes mod every now and then...the rest are pretty tame..Well,..not Dale,..she's not mountain trained up enough yet. :p

Totally joking..Sweets Dale is our heart! :wub:

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Oh good..I was just about to jump on Facebook and see if you had got back on yet..Now I can just hang in here. ;)

Sirius

Star Puppy
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
North Carolina
Hi all! Just popping in-had a couple of free minutes. We are having our biggest tournament of the year this weekend-The Memorial.

Kayte, there are some really gorgeous Woodvils and I thought that I was going to miss out because of work. But, a kind soul has offered to snag me one[emoji3] My first choices are one of the ones with a plunger door. ( If he can't get one of those, I have some other choices)My hands will appreciate the plunger door on bad thumb days. I was floored and so appreciative of his offer [emoji3]

Back to it! Y'all behave and have a great afternoon [emoji631]

Mommabird62
Funny you should say that Momma..I thought of you when I was on the site yesterday..I was like,...I wished I could get her one of those. So YAAAAAAY! :) :) :)

choochoogranny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
chattanooga, tn, usa
Sparkle, did you get your Starburst yet? :drool:

Roxynoodle, welcome! Now that KS has got you started on your "collection".........:p

Momma, will you hold still for a moment! I can't keep up with you! :ohmy: Happy that your thumb is released from confinement and that you got a kind person to help get you a Woodvil. :thumbs:

Nadia, good luck on getting Jason some gov. help. Probably make a whole world of difference for both you and him. :)

Splatnext

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
near the beach
Chooch I'm the one with the Starburst and yes it came in and it is just beyond words, Ill try and take a picture later, I'm to nervous right now.:ohmy:

I keep going back and forth those Woodville pages and now Moma comes along and throws out a word like plunger door :shock: what the heck is a plunger door.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread