Status
Not open for further replies.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Sorry I've been away for awhile. I've been working with an editor and under deadlines that I'm not used to being under.

Gracie was kind enough to shoot me an email and I have read through all of the posts. These are my thoughts :2c::

Memphis isn't doable for us. (Us meaning Greg and I). Depending on his work schedule and whether he's OOT, Greg may not stay the entire time, but his place is paid for, just in case.

We're all the way in if it is in Florida anywhere. Greg and I would bunk the week with the group. If costs are $200.00 or under, we will pick up our two plus one.

If the place has waterfront and a place to park the boat, all the better. A marina with a boat dock nearby would work too. Boat seats ten...at a time, counting the Captain.

We would be up to taking in a couple of sights, Sarasota (where Greg grew up) is just a short drive (like fifteen minutes) from Bradenton. In Sarasota there are lots of attractions there that don't cost an arm and a leg, the botanical gardens, the jungle gardens, Ringling, classic car museum, art museums, a beautiful beach and so on....you can google it. If anyone wants to ride up to St. Pete, there's the Dali Museum, Chihuly art glass museum and Ybor City, where the original Columbia Restaurant is located.

Hanging out in real life with the Porchers is my goal. I don't get in the water in April, too cold, but sitting by the pool or lounging on a dock is ideal.

If it is more affordable for folk to fly into Orlando, and they can get here a day early, we will certainly pick them up and bring them along. We have a two bedroom suite open for anyone who needs need it. The rear truck cab seats three. (I know sometimes there are great Orlando deals on flying). We'll be glad to drive into Tampa and pick up someone, if needed, and get them to Bradenton/Sarasota.

Greg's birthday is April 28th, so we may need to bake a cake.

We're on a super-strict diet right now, but by April we may be able to splurge a bit....Bring a big pot, a 20 pound case of crab legs at Publix is less than $150.00 and I know better than any restaurant how to do those. (Just sayin'.)
craberouge_zpsigtw3zxq.gif

So Happy to see you posting here.....and many thanks for the offer....

Can I get you to fill out the form here? Pretty please....:nun:

Back Porch Retreat

Our search for lodgings depends a lot on how many we know are committed to this...:)

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
that I have invited the "Girls Gone Wild" camera crew ..
Since porchers never do anything mainstream........I say we make the MEN gone wild edition!!!

May is MUUUUUCH cheaper than April
May it out, we lose willie and everyone from Texas since he's our ride.

Totally doable!! So fantastic for you to offer to pick up an extra spot for someone. that's amazing. Forgot about the boat too. But at any rate, glad we'll have y'all with us. I'm gonna eat supper also then will be in the h/o. The disney house looks like a great one, but is that really bad as far as traffic etc? We can really use your input since you know much of the areas we're looking at. See y'all later in the h/o

seapeach

Cloud Dweller
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2015
Florida
So Happy to see you posting here.....and many thanks for the offer....

Can I get you to fill out the form here? Pretty please....:nun:

Back Porch Retreat

Our search for lodgings depends a lot on how many we know are committed to this...:)
I filled it out already. Thanks! :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Sorry I've been away for awhile. I've been working with an editor and under deadlines that I'm not used to being under.

Gracie was kind enough to shoot me an email and I have read through all of the posts. These are my thoughts :2c::

Memphis isn't doable for us. (Us meaning Greg and I). Depending on his work schedule and whether he's OOT, Greg may not stay the entire time, but his place is paid for, just in case.

We're all the way in if it is in Florida anywhere. Greg and I would bunk the week with the group. If costs are $200.00 or under, we will pick up our two plus one.

If the place has waterfront and a place to park the boat, all the better. A marina with a boat dock nearby would work too. Boat seats ten...at a time, counting the Captain.

We would be up to taking in a couple of sights, Sarasota (where Greg grew up) is just a short drive (like fifteen minutes) from Bradenton. In Sarasota there are lots of attractions there that don't cost an arm and a leg, the botanical gardens, the jungle gardens, Ringling, classic car museum, art museums, a beautiful beach and so on....you can google it. If anyone wants to ride up to St. Pete, there's the Dali Museum, Chihuly art glass museum and Ybor City, where the original Columbia Restaurant is located.

Hanging out in real life with the Porchers is my goal. I don't get in the water in April, too cold, but sitting by the pool or lounging on a dock is ideal.

If it is more affordable for folk to fly into Orlando, and they can get here a day early, we will certainly pick them up and bring them along. We have a two bedroom suite open for anyone who needs need it. The rear truck cab seats three. (I know sometimes there are great Orlando deals on flying). We'll be glad to drive into Tampa and pick up someone, if needed, and get them to Bradenton/Sarasota.

We're on a super-strict diet right now, but by April we may be able to splurge a bit....Bring a big pot, a 20 pound case of crab legs at Publix is less than $150.00 and I know better than any restaurant how to do those. (Just sayin'.)
craberouge_zpsigtw3zxq.gif
Ooooh! Classic Cars & Chiluly glass? I'm ALL in! My Pintrest is full of Chiluly.
AND CRAB LEGS! WOOOOHOOOO! I want to learn to do those, so I get to watch!

MattB101

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2012
Deerfield Beach, FL
Ooooh! Classic Cars & Chiluly glass? I'm ALL in! My Pintrest is full of Chiluly.
AND CRAB LEGS! WOOOOHOOOO! I want to learn to do those, so I get to watch!
Crab legs about as easy as they come. I'm sure Susan would love to show you how, just bring a bunch over and let the lessons commence!:lol:

Mrs C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
Indiana
Scouting report...

Last night I spoke with the owner of the home with the tiki hut on the deck. It is open for the week of 4/16-4/23. Check in is 3 pm check out is 10 am. The house sleeps 20. 3 king brm, 2 queen, 1 room with 2 twin, 2 daybeds, and 2 popup trundles, there is a sofa bed in the living room and a sofa bed in one of the game rooms. Room for air mattresses for those who have inquired. The price of $2899 for the week is all inclusive tax, cleaning, pool heat, propane for the grille ect. Linens and towels are included. All we need need is groceries, personal supplies and paper stuff like tp and paper towels. web site indicates non smoking house, but with 3000 sq ft of outdoor screened (a lot of it covered) living areas we should be able to manage just fine. The lake is private so no fishing license needed.

We need to get our duck in a row as far as those commited to the trip being on the spread sheet so we can get our head count and cost per person worked out, and get the place reserved. She has a very nice deposit and then payment schedule so those who can't have the funds all at once up front can work with Willie to make arrangements.

Should everything fall apart and we would cancel she does have a no refund policy unless she gets it re-rented.

There is 3rd party insurance available for that as well as damage insurance. Something to think about maybe so the person/s making the contract don't get bit if things go bad?

The place is large enough that the couple of folks who can't commit now but want to go if things work out, can join in later and that would mean a lower cost for all :)

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Scouting report...

Last night I spoke with the owner of the home with the tiki hut on the deck. It is open for the week of 4/16-4/23. Check in is 3 pm check out is 10 am. The house sleeps 20. 3 king brm, 2 queen, 1 room with 2 twin, 2 daybeds, and 2 popup trundles, there is a sofa bed in the living room and a sofa bed in one of the game rooms. Room for air mattresses for those who have inquired. The price of $2899 for the week is all inclusive tax, cleaning, pool heat, propane for the grille ect. Linens and towels are included. All we need need is groceries, personal supplies and paper stuff like tp and paper towels. web site indicates non smoking house, but with 3000 sq ft of outdoor screened (a lot of it covered) living areas we should be able to manage just fine. The lake is private so no fishing license needed.

We need to get our duck in a row as far as those commited to the trip being on the spread sheet so we can get our head count and cost per person worked out, and get the place reserved. She has a very nice deposit and then payment schedule so those who can't have the funds all at once up front can work with Willie to make arrangements.

Should everything fall apart and we would cancel she does have a no refund policy unless she gets it re-rented.

There is 3rd party insurance available for that as well as damage insurance. Something to think about maybe so the person/s making the contract don't get bit if things go bad?

The place is large enough that the couple of folks who can't commit now but want to go if things work out, can join in later and that would mean a lower cost for all :)
I'm in unless it snows. And I'll go then, too. I'm pretty sure that the timing will work for me in April, so put me down for yes, yes!, yes!

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
That would be great if I have the funds to go by spring.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
God Morning lazy heads:D

( since I'm the first one posting)

Started the morning off right.....reached for my Reo on the side table, hit the full cuppa coffee on the side table, over it went....:(
I guess we know what to look out for at breakfast on the Odessey!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
In order to fill out the forms the home owner has required, I will need the real names of the people staying. If someone has a list of these please forward to my email address. Screen names will not suffice.
I'm not home right now. There are several here who can add my last name if I didn't include it on the form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread