Status
Not open for further replies.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
This is unfortunate! I did a little searching and found a relative of this guy on Facebook. I wrote to him, told him I'm sorry this happened but his relative can learn all he needs to know by joining ECF or at least browsing here.

Michigan politics? Fireworks were banned until a few years ago, now we have every hot dog buying whatever they want, more sales tax revenue to the state, plus the $1000 per year license to sell them. We're creating new jobs here, ya know? :glare: I don't think they mention the rise in fireworks related injuries while they count the money.

Yap, all Local news is regional. It`s a Sell what they buy mentality.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
"smoking vape pen"; FOX.

hum.
Viewed in the proper light, it's a good thing the media is so stupid. They'd be more dangerous than they already are if they had a couple brain cells to share out amongst them.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Viewed in the proper light, it's a good thing the media is so stupid. They'd be more dangerous than they already are if they had a couple brain cells to share out amongst them.

They just might Trump themselves.

ashes to batteries

ECF Veteran
    Jul 7, 2015
    I don't know. I'm not sure we can expect him to understand how much he doesn't know. Most people don't and if you aren't well acquainted with vaping you just don't understand how complex it is and the possible dangers. People rely on the employees at brick and mortar stores to give safe, reliable and accurate information, which they often don't.

I got lucky. I just got a bad vibe at my Brock and mortar and found this site on accident by googling around. I was shocked at how much I didn't know and frightened by the bad advice and disregard for safety at my local store. And again when I wanted to start building coils, one store LAUGHED at me when I asked about OHMs meters. But I'm learning, growing, and staying safe by dumb luck.

It's frightening what a disservice some of the local stores can do.

LouisLeBeau

Shenaniganery Jedi! Too naughty for Sin Bin
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 23, 2013
    I tried to convince my best friend to convert 3 years ago when I started. He's still smokin his 2 PAD's of Newpy's. This morning when we met for a 10 hour motorcycle ride, he mentioned this story to me. He insists that my vape batts are bombs, and my juice is full of "Dangerous Chemicals". I roll my eyes, and say, Dude, I've been doin this for 3 years, ever see anything explode? There are only 2 groups of people who hate us. Those that still smoke, and those that don't but don't vape. A small hurdle...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory
    And the danged congressperson on a friggin campaign, trying to show her "constituents" (pharma and tobacco) that she's on their side - telling people to report trouble with e-cigs to the FDA.
    HELLOOOO - can I also tell the FDA about the trouble with my Toyota brakes? How about my defective dishwasher? What's the FDA gonna do about that?
    Also, I got a staplegun from China and shot myself in the foot with it. Can I tell the FDA? Will they require a $150,000 license to sell stapleguns to protect me?

Easy to jump on the band wagon at no cost to the congressperson.

Off topic/but not really - I read today that some of the major airlines have said they won't ship hunting trophies out of Africa because of poor Cecil. How much money would they make shipping trophies vs the sound bite of we care about animals?

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 12, 2012
    The Clock Barrens, Fillory

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Another example of - I have no clue but I want big clouds.

Explosive force claimed = Fake IMR, non functioning Venting and likely a to low ohm build and likely a dead short on the Atty.

Congress woman is clueless to the actual situation and Blowing her own kind of smoke.

Papillon61

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 22, 2015
    Sunshine Isle
    The exact same thing happened to me. But I just came here and told you about it and let you educate me. I did not run to a TV station crying hell and destruction and blaming vaping and the mod when it was totally my fault for not knowing what I was doing. Sure it is a scary experience (apart from being painful) but before you blame someone or something else you need to make sure it wasn't your fault in the first place. I pity the man who is resigned to the "slow death" from cigarette smoking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread