Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Yeah, people vape for different reasons. I personally don't have an issue what or in what amount anyone vapes. I would prefer that the decisions they make are informed ones though. Beyond that, it's up to them even if their choices are harmful to themselves. And i certainly don't want the government to dictate what choices we make. The governments job is to protect us from each other, not to protect us from ourselves.

Who protects us from vendors who would lie, or even falsify test results by sending in 'special' samples to get tested?

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
For the public record...

I still stand by all of that. Everything you quoted represents the risk. Permanent lung damage is the risk. Nowhere in there did I say it will kill you, If that's what you are implying. There are no second chances because the damage is permanent.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I ask about the sweeteners because someone asked me last week while I was seeing an endocrinologist. My pancreatitis has now caused damage to the islet cells, which are responsible for monitoring and regulating blood sugar levels. Interestingly I have not become diabetic as expected (yet), but instead have postprandial hypoglycemia. My friend wanted to blame vaping instead of pancreatitis.

Reactions: Lessifer

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Who protects us from vendors who would lie, or even falsify test results by sending in 'special' samples to get tested?
I agree with you there. My main concern as far as diketones go is exactly this. I don't have an issue with vendors who state they don't know what's in their juice, although i won't buy from them. I do have a problem with vendors who lie or mislead.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
We know the effects of nicotine on people , the flavorings and how inhalation of them over the long term will effect health is what i am concerned with. I am not one of those "well smokings worse" people because most of us do not smoke anymore so bringing up the obvious has never made sense to me.
I'm assuming any sweeteners added to e liquids are artificial, is that correct?
Most not all .......
Pure Liquid™ Alcohol Free Stevia 2 Liquid | Herbal Supplements Products | Puritan's Pride

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Ha ha ha , yeah , that's a "no go" for me .

This is why I would like third party testing. The vape industry is big enough a lab could specialize in testing e-liquids. They would buy the samples they tested, rather than on rely on vendors to send them samples, then the results would be available on the lab's web page...

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
I still stand by all of that. Everything you quoted represents the risk. Permanent lung damage is the risk. Nowhere in there did I say it will kill you, If that's what you are implying. There are no second chances because the damage is permanent.

Nah I'm saying you are admitting to fear mongering and stating that "people will have lung damage...They won't get to decide to vape safer juice or to make an effort to quit because their lungs are already thrashed beyond repair, etc."

So again fear mongering and misinformation should not be tolerated on either side of this argument and I hope more people report you for doing so. It is not appropriate or helpful it is intimidation and fear tactics.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
This is why I would like third party testing. The vape industry is big enough a lab could specialize in testing e-liquids. They would buy the samples they tested, rather than on rely on vendors to send them samples, then the results would be available on the lab's web page...

That would negate deceit.

Reactions: stevegmu

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I agree with you there. My main concern as far as diketones go is exactly this. I don't have an issue with vendors who state they don't know what's in their juice, although i won't buy from them. I do have a problem with vendors who lie or mislead.

We don't know whats in it is a "warning " sign to me , there are tons of juice manufacturers that do not tell the truth about whats really in their juice and that to me is unacceptable and should be unacceptable to everybody .

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
We don't know whats in it is a "warning " sign to me , there are tons of juice manufacturers that do not tell the truth about whats really in their juice and that to me is unacceptable and should be unacceptable to everybody .
Yes, it's a warning sign to me as well. When i hear a response like this from a vendor ( as i have ), i do consider the possibility that they do know, and chose not to disclose.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
That would be where the government, or at least the courts, actually have a function to perform. It's the way our society works. If you suspect a company of being deceitful, you look for proof. If you find proof, you sue so that they cannot continue, and as a warning to others not to do the same thing.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Nah I'm saying you are admitting to fear mongering and stating that "people will have lung damage...They won't get to decide to vape safer juice or to make an effort to quit because their lungs are already thrashed beyond repair, etc."

So again fear mongering and misinformation should not be tolerated on either side of this argument and I hope more people report you for doing so. It is not appropriate or helpful it is intimidation and fear tactics.

Nobody can say with certainty at this point what the health consequences will be over the long haul , saying that vaping these chemicals over the long haul will most likely have health ramifications is not fear mongering either.

Fear mongering is saying that these chemicals will kill you over the long haul as fact . I don't think anyone said that .

It's way too early to know what the health consequences will be at this point but i am not willing to say what some say like these chemicals will do you no harm regardless of how long you vape.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014

I don't trust e juice companies , "Five Pawns" was saying their juice is free of the stuff and look at what their results showed, scary.

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego
Nobody can say with certainty at this point what the health consequences will be over the long haul , saying that vaping these chemicals over the long haul will most likely have health ramifications is not fear mongering either.

Fear mongering is saying that these chemicals will kill you over the long haul as fact . I don't think anyone said that .

It's way too early to know what the health consequences will be at this point but i am not willing to say what some say like these chemicals will do you no harm regardless of how long you vape.

I agree with you about it being way too early to know, which is why statements that OP made like "people will have lung damage" is fear mongering. He is stating the absolute worst outcome as fact when, as of now, it is just his opinion based on evidence that does not directly apply. Which again he refuses to source.

Plus he says he's fear mongering in the beginning of that post :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread