Tilemahos new rebuildable part (springomizer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
So everything seems to be nice...
What´s about liquid "spitting" with these coils?
I´ve got that issue from time to time with titanium coils in all of my Tilemahos (v1, v2, v2+)
I dont think that we will have any difference on this issue Dark :)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Wow, I hadn't come for a while, but thanks GG Freaks on Facebook, I've seen this, and thank you Imeo for having a such Idea, it seems very brillant! I'm sure it will improve the vape for sure!
I'm impatient to try it! And the ohm seems perfect, as I usually vape in the 1/1.2 ohm area.
May I ask you a question, as I haven't read it yet : what is the internal diameter on the spring?
Thanks again, now I just have to wait some more days, to be able to order one X1 rebuildable part and a SS button for my GG4S... :banana::headbang::banana::headbang::banana:
Thank you bb:)
The internal diameter is 2,9mm buddy

Reactions: Steelshade

darkmix

Oct 30, 2014
Germany
I dont think that we will have any difference on this issue Dark :)

So maybe this would be the next big thing to think about?
The grade1-titanium seems to be "shooting" much more than the ESG-Titanium, even on a TC-device.
For now I´ve just put a small piece of mesh underneath the driptip to avoid getting liquid into my eyes or to my tongue. It´s not the best solution, because when the mesh is full of drops, less air is getting thru it, but it´s much better then getting 12mg-liquid into my eyes. That´s just pain...

Will VIR change this ;o)
Or do we need something like that http://steamcrave.com/products_xq.asp?id=45 Spit Back Protection

steampop

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
uk
The grade1-titanium seems to be "shooting" much more than the ESG-Titanium, even on a TC-device.
For now I´ve just put a small piece of mesh underneath the driptip to avoid getting liquid into my eyes or to my tongue. It´s not the best solution, because when the mesh is full of drops, less air is getting thru it, but it´s much better then getting 12mg-liquid into my eyes. That´s just pain...

Will VIR change this ;o)
Or do we need something like that http://steamcrave.com/products_xq.asp?id=45 Spit Back Protection

Build it as normal but take a very small piece of wicking material and lie it over the top part of your coil, wet it with juice so it sticks down. This will stop upwards spitting, will cover the 'hot legs' and reduce the heat from the top part of the coil which isn't in direct air-flow (resulting in less harshness).

Give it a try and see what you think. It should result in a slightly cooler and smoother vapour, less spit back and stop the legs from heating up so much by putting wicking material over them. I would show you a picture but I just rebuilt and don't fancy dumping a tank of juice. If it's too cool, reduce the resistance a bit or crank up the power if you are using a regulated device.

Would be interested in what others think, this is how I have been building my Tilemahos for a while, originally to cover the legs all the way to the posts but noticed it also fixed the spitting and made a smoother vape.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Will VIR change this ;o)
we simply need the UFS mouthpiece buddy. The problem was solved a long time ago. But we will loose a lot of capacity because we need a wider neck on the mouthpiece.
The design you showed me seems not bad but liquid may remain on holes and you will always here a noise from the remaining liquid into the mouthpiece.

As for Ti 1 and all wires in general, I dont think they pay any role on spitting :)

steampop

Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
uk
Build it as normal but take a very small piece of wicking material and lie it over the top part of your coil, wet it with juice so it sticks down. This will stop upwards spitting, will cover the 'hot legs' and reduce the heat from the top part of the coil which isn't in direct air-flow (resulting in less harshness).

Give it a try and see what you think. It should result in a slightly cooler and smoother vapour, less spit back and stop the legs from heating up so much by putting wicking material over them. I would show you a picture but I just rebuilt and don't fancy dumping a tank of juice. If it's too cool, reduce the resistance a bit or crank up the power if you are using a regulated device.

Would be interested in what others think, this is how I have been building my Tilemahos for a while, originally to cover the legs all the way to the posts but noticed it also fixed the spitting and made a smoother vape.

I just had to fill my tank, so here is a pic:

l1abvfe.jpg

proteckt3d

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Denmark
Sorry for off topic but just an after thought about the spit back (which I also get, rarely). How about a metal cover that will be positioned above the coil. If you think about the bridge on the 306 atomizers, kind of like that.

I agree with the UFS MP but I don't know how well it'll work with restrictive lung hits which is how I vape.

Sale Gosse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
La Rochelle France
Hi Imeo,

Do you think it's possible to make the update for Penelope V2 too?
A misadventure arrive to me...
I ordered a second hand Penny V3 for my wife who wanted one when she know what you're going to made the update for Penny. ;)
The Penny arrive today, it's not a V3 but a V2 with i don't know what housing inside!!!! :-x:-x:-x (Really, i know, it's a update of a Penelope V2 clone to update to V3)
All the over parts are originals i have the ordered from esmoke...

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Hi Imeo,

Do you think it's possible to make the update for Penelope V2 too?
A misadventure arrive to me...
I ordered a second hand Penny V3 for my wife who wanted one when she know what you're going to made the update for Penny. ;)
The Penny arrive today, it's not a V3 but a V2 with i don't know what housing inside!!!! :-x:-x:-x (Really, i know, it's a update of a Penelope V2 clone to update to V3)
All the over parts are originals i have the ordered from esmoke...

So you bought a Penelope v3 and received a Penelope v2 clone, with the rebuildable part of an original v3, and you replaced the tank and top cap with original parts?

I'm confused :?:

:)

Sale Gosse

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2014
La Rochelle France
So you bought a Penelope v3 and received a Penelope v2 clone, with the rebuildable part of an original v3, and you replaced the tank and top cap with original parts?

I'm confused :?:

No Ariel,
I buy a Penelope V3, and i received and original V2, body, solid mouthpiece, top and base but a housing without NR.
It's a housing of a clone of Penelope V2, to update it without NR like Penelope V3

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread