Status
Not open for further replies.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I've been trying to get a Cloud One as well. I'm just not willing to try aa hard as they want me to.
There's a newish rta at vapinart. It starts with an 'A'. Supposed to be great and its possible to buy one. $100-120. I forget. Opted for a v2 calix instead. It should be here tomorrow. Kinda excited.
Hmm I'm
Going to look into that.
i think thats the Amon. It is basically a Tengu but with bigger air-flow as far as i can tell...

Ah you always know everything! Except eh... What's a tengu?

I've bought several devices lately that don't ring my bell so to speak. Given I'm still and seemingly perpetually recovering (minimum 8 more weeks before I can start physical therapy and now heart tests due to how many bloody steroids they made me take) I can't really proceeds wih more purchases. I need to find others with devices of interest in similar like new condition and trade. That would be ideal. Otherwise. Vape sale at my place!

I get your frustration with the gem. The temp stuff. Is his happening on anything other than the dna200 powered devices because if so that's not normal imo. I have a ton of temp control boxes and with your nife recommendation it's been a ROCK. though Come to think of it the titanium is on the temp devices and stainless on the wae. So maybe something was changed in the ti version which made it work better ... Can't see what though.

Send me your gem and I'll send you my taifun package. :)

Do you actually like the hurricane? I have the clone (I think 1.2 which seems perfect) and I don't really see where it's much different than the taifun except for airflow. I honestly feel e-Phoenix are a super con outfit. They're doing nothing I can see but copying other people's designs for he most part and hyping the hell out of their version. The pricing seems so off to me for what the products are. I know people rave about the hurricane. I just don't see where it's so great. Given the clone design is pretty much 1:1 and actually uses better steel I'm not sure what the authentic would be doing that would make the flavor or anything better (threading excepted). It's the one clone I bought which convinced me not to buy the authentic for a change. I feel like I'Cr lost the plot with that atomizer. And the Phoenix. Ohhhhh the tirades I could go on.

I guess that's why I can't compare it to the gem. Which I feel is quite innovative (not without a series of flaws not from a company without flaws - previously mentioned ). The gems unique chamber I feel really changes flavor profiles for me. I'm not sure any there atomizer I've tried does that. The phenomenon lite is equivalent to squonking. It's he most flat out pure flavor. Vapes as it tastes on the tongue. But the gem can take that same juice and completely change it. It's not always for the better I have one juice that tastes absolutely awful in the gem. It's the atomizer which caused me to believe there was a point to trying all these authentics and that flavor really was affected by design. Just as one consumes alcohol from the correct glass for the appropriate experience.

All that's said. If the goal is to get as close to possible as the juice tastes on the tongue vs bringing out intricacies one may smell - then the gem is a pointless atomizer. There are a TON of great atomizers that concentrate taste well.

I wonder if the gem flavor issue is to do with the drip tip too.

Honestly I'm
Making myself laugh now. I never thought I'd be that guy taking about the intricacies of eliquid. Frankly I always thought it was a pile
Of BS. and most of the time when the people discussing it are deep lung hitters vaping at .05 ohm on quad coil heads which are disposible in mass produced Chinese tanks. I still feel tt is.

One thing I'd say I've learned is very very few tanks really change things much. It's more about appearance and ergonomics of build / usage / wicking et. I can name one tank that really tastes different than the rest. For the rest of them were talking in terms of a percent or two more flavor concentration or warmer cooler vape.

I guess I need to get out more and try more atomizers. It could also be that after a lot of juices ranging in prices from $.02/ml to $2//ml and finding pricing and pretty labels having very little to do with juice quality and flavor - I mostly stick with s couple I use. I've thrown so much juice away I Could have bought another three titanium gems by now easily.

I also can't personally keep
Doing the Internet buys without trying when so many of these tanks are just the same thing in a different skin. Especially when companies blow up the resale market. Ahem

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Hmm I'm
Going to look into that.

Ah you always know everything! Except eh... What's a tengu?

I've bought several devices lately that don't ring my bell so to speak. Given I'm still and seemingly perpetually recovering (minimum 8 more weeks before I can start physical therapy and now heart tests due to how many bloody steroids they made me take) I can't really proceeds wih more purchases. I need to find others with devices of interest in similar like new condition and trade. That would be ideal. Otherwise. Vape sale at my place!

I get your frustration with the gem. The temp stuff. Is his happening on anything other than the dna200 powered devices because if so that's not normal imo. I have a ton of temp control boxes and with your nife recommendation it's been a ROCK. though Come to think of it the titanium is on the temp devices and stainless on the wae. So maybe something was changed in the ti version which made it work better ... Can't see what though.

Send me your gem and I'll send you my taifun package. :)

Do you actually like the hurricane? I have the clone (I think 1.2 which seems perfect) and I don't really see where it's much different than the taifun except for airflow. I honestly feel e-Phoenix are a super con outfit. They're doing nothing I can see but copying other people's designs for he most part and hyping the hell out of their version. The pricing seems so off to me for what the products are. I know people rave about the hurricane. I just don't see where it's so great. Given the clone design is pretty much 1:1 and actually uses better steel I'm not sure what the authentic would be doing that would make the flavor or anything better (threading excepted). It's the one clone I bought which convinced me not to buy the authentic for a change. I feel like I'Cr lost the plot with that atomizer. And the Phoenix. Ohhhhh the tirades I could go on.

I guess that's why I can't compare it to the gem. Which I feel is quite innovative (not without a series of flaws not from a company without flaws - previously mentioned ). The gems unique chamber I feel really changes flavor profiles for me. I'm not sure any there atomizer I've tried does that. The phenomenon lite is equivalent to squonking. It's he most flat out pure flavor. Vapes as it tastes on the tongue. But the gem can take that same juice and completely change it. It's not always for the better I have one juice that tastes absolutely awful in the gem. It's the atomizer which caused me to believe there was a point to trying all these authentics and that flavor really was affected by design. Just as one consumes alcohol from the correct glass for the appropriate experience.

All that's said. If the goal is to get as close to possible as the juice tastes on the tongue vs bringing out intricacies one may smell - then the gem is a pointless atomizer. There are a TON of great atomizers that concentrate taste well.

I wonder if the gem flavor issue is to do with the drip tip too.

Honestly I'm
Making myself laugh now. I never thought I'd be that guy taking about the intricacies of eliquid. Frankly I always thought it was a pile
Of BS. and most of the time when the people discussing it are deep lung hitters Vaping at .05 ohm on quad coil heads which are disposible in mass produced Chinese tanks. I still feel tt is.

One thing I'd say I've learned is very very few tanks really change things much. It's more about appearance and ergonomics of build / usage / wicking et. I can name one tank that really tastes different than the rest. For the rest of them were talking in terms of a percent or two more flavor concentration or warmer cooler vape.

I guess I need to get out more and try more atomizers. It could also be that after a lot of juices ranging in prices from $.02/ml to $2//ml and finding pricing and pretty labels having very little to do with juice quality and flavor - I mostly stick with s couple I use. I've thrown so much juice away I Could have bought another three titanium gems by now easily.

I also can't personally keep
Doing the Internet buys without trying when so many of these tanks are just the same thing in a different skin. Especially when companies blow up the resale market. Ahem

Not that I'm, in any way, justifying the price, design or performance of the Hurricane...although, I do find it far superior to the vape I get off my Taifun GT2... what makes you say the clone is made of better metal than the authentic?

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Not that I'm, in any way, justifying the price, design or performance of the Hurricane...although, I do find it far superior to the vape I get off my Taifun GT2... what makes you say the clone is made of better metal than the authentic?
Maybe they changed it but the original was 304 wasn't it? In fact isn't it still? The good clones are 316

The taifun authentic and hurricane clone vape Pretty similar to me with the exception of airflow being less customizable on the hurricane. For my style I find that the single air hole on the second opening is about the best setting lost of the time. I can't see why they'd vape
Much differently when the decks are so similar. As are the dimensions and the collection chamber area as well as center chimney. All in all
The taifun gt2 to me seems like the hurricane v1 and subsequent hurricanes are all just mild updates.

Fwiw I'll never give smokerstore another penny. Where mark bugs had been a somewhat rocky road they were flat out awful. Ride. Arrogant. Etc.

Man that makes sound like a trouble customer. I promise I have a load of gear from great vendors. I mention it to say I don't have any interest in promoting their products. I just don't get a lot indifference. It may be down to owning a clone but with a lot of clones I found reasons to get authentics. With the hurricane I don't feel that need.

I can't say I haven't had other issues but I haven't had bad experiences and everyone has issues.

So for their who use he gem and adore it what else are you using ?

I think I'm going to try the $17 cubis tank and the $4 rba. The ego one and mega tanks with clr are very good. Best of the disposables for my style. A ton of companies have even built off the clr heads. Like the pico. . So I want to see what the evolution is like. It's like $35 shipped
For the tank. 8 coils and two rba coils.

I feel the inexpensive Chinese tanks are very quickly catching if they haven't caught a lot of the more generic authentics for density and flavor. I'm sure elitist a won't want to hear that. Just like we don't like hearing clones are as good as authentic (though in most cases they aren't)

Taifun right hurricane left. Shorter fatter version of the taifun with worse metal and a higher price assuming the authentic uses 304 and this 1:1 clone is a 1:1 clone.

c0ae6c44a93bf70e432381d639d1af74.jpg

ed5196e2905ba229066964da7140dcac.jpg

Where's the innovation on the hurricane? Looks loke a blatant copy. In another world it's a Chinese clone altered versioning. To me. If you have ever seen the taifun wih nano kit it's even more identical. And I realize designs are integrated and expanded. Like the Gus phenomenon lite is kind of s Kayfun deck but it's not but do but identical in most places. Chimney design is different. Air intake is different.

That's why I'm a fan of the gem and feel it's worth supporting. Innovation. I really curious about where you feel there's innovation elsewhere. Squape I guess. I only had a clone and it was awful. I fell in love with the gem before trying the authentic. I may try to get a second hand Squape to see what it's like. But the Kayfun mini v3 looks awfully nice too.

I'm curious to see what mark bugs come up
With for the "revolutionary" idea. If it is such all credit to them. The gem to me borrows form
A few other devices while creating s unique tank. It certainly isn't a great tank for 90% of vapors factoring in temp control and pricing. But innovative yes.

Last edited:

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Maybe they changed it but the original was 304 wasn't it? In fact isn't it still? The good clones are 316

The taifun authentic and hurricane clone vape Pretty similar to me with the exception of airflow being less customizable on the hurricane. For my style I find that the single air hole on the second opening is about the best setting lost of the time. I can't see why they'd vape
Much differently when the decks are so similar. As are the dimensions and the collection chamber area as well as center chimney. All in all
The taifun gt2 to me seems like the hurricane v1 and subsequent hurricanes are all just mild updates.

Fwiw I'll never give smokerstore another penny. Where mark bugs had been a somewhat rocky road they were flat out awful. Ride. Arrogant. Etc.

Man that makes sound like a trouble customer. I promise I have a load of gear from great vendors. I mention it to say I don't have any interest in promoting their products. I just don't get a lot indifference. It may be down to owning a clone but with a lot of clones I found reasons to get authentics. With the hurricane I don't feel that need.

I can't say I haven't had other issues but I haven't had bad experiences and everyone has issues.

So for their who use he gem and adore it what else are you using ?

I think I'm going to try the $17 cubis tank and the $4 rba. The ego one and mega tanks with clr are very good. Best of the disposables for my style. A ton of companies have even built off the clr heads. Like the pico. . So I want to see what the evolution is like. It's like $35 shipped
For the tank. 8 coils and two rba coils.

I feel the inexpensive Chinese tanks are very quickly catching if they haven't caught a lot of the more generic authentics for density and flavor. I'm sure elitist a won't want to hear that. Just like we don't like hearing clones are as good as authentic (though in most cases they aren't)

Taifun right hurricane left. Shorter fatter version of the taifun with worse metal and a higher price assuming the authentic uses 304 and this 1:1 clone is a 1:1 clone.

c0ae6c44a93bf70e432381d639d1af74.jpg

ed5196e2905ba229066964da7140dcac.jpg

Where's the innovation on the hurricane? Looks loke a blatant copy. In another world it's a Chinese clone altered versioning. To me. If you have ever seen the taifun wih nano kit it's even more identical. And I realize designs are integrated and expanded. Like the Gus phenomenon lite is kind of s Kayfun deck but it's not but do but identical in most places. Chimney design is different. Air intake is different.

That's why I'm a fan of the gem and feel it's worth supporting. Innovation. I really curious about where you feel there's innovation elsewhere. Squape I guess. I only had a clone and it was awful. I fell in love with the gem before trying the authentic. I may try to get a second hand Squape to see what it's like. But the Kayfun mini v3 looks awfully nice too.

I'm curious to see what mark bugs come up
With for the "revolutionary" idea. If it is such all credit to them. The gem to me borrows form
A few other devices while creating s unique tank. It certainly isn't a great tank for 90% of vapors factoring in temp control and pricing. But innovative yes.
the authentic Hurricane is made of 316L SS....not 304. The clones are made of anybodys best guess... As far as innovation? Yep, very similar to the Taifun but it works better and the deck is removable. Apparently they are working on some alternate deck options. I find the fit and finish, machining, ease of build and maintenance better on the Hurricane than the Taifun...authentic vs. authentic. To say the clone Hurricane works better than the authentic is silly when you don't have an authentic or the correct information about the authentic. C'mon man, cheer up. You've been on a roll lately.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
the authentic Hurricane is made of 316L SS....not 304. The clones are made of anybodys best guess... As far as innovation? Yep, very similar to the Taifun but it works better and the deck is removable. Apparently they are working on some alternate deck options. I find the fit and finish, machining, ease of build and maintenance better on the Hurricane than the Taifun...authentic vs. authentic. To say the clone Hurricane works better than the authentic is silly when you don't have an authentic or the correct information about the authentic. C'mon man, cheer up. You've been on a roll lately.
I wasn't suggesting or saying it works better than the original. I was saying didn't feel there was enough difference from my cursory examination to warrant the purchase. I also stated ninjas limited experience and was open to the fact I could be mistaken. I do believe the initial hurricane was 304 and they upgraded to 316.

The taifun gt non removable deck is annoying but I use a sonic cleaner and small compressor so it's not an issue in my case. It's not one of my favorite tanks. In fact I'll likely sell it. I just don't think I'd add the hurricane to my list of wants. And like is aid before I take exception to basically copying a design and Marketing it as something special Of your own. Which is what I think they do. At the very least I think we agree its not particularly innovative.

I get that I'm judging the tank having seen the authentic but owning a clone. IME the clones typically do indicate density and flavor relatively well. They just usually have a ton of issues. Leaking. Connectivity. Threading. Orings. Etc. the hurricane 1.2 clone from Tobeco works perfectly. I'm sure the authentic is better. But 5% just isn't worth another $140 to me on this design. Too many tanks use the design to bother splitting hairs for which one offers 1% flavor concentration more than another.

I'm plenty cheery today and in general not pissy. Save the odd. Night with no sleep.

So what do you vape aside from the gem. What's high on your list. Iirc (I cant scroll back in tapatalk while typing) you said the hurricane wasn't one of your favorites. So aside from the gem what do you like. I'm generally interested in what people like who also value the gem highly. You seem
To have a lot of Experience with authentic tanks. Anything new meet your fancy?

I've just gone through cleaning and sanitizing a ton of gear for either boxing or sale
Tonight. I need to figure it what else fits the bill if anything.

The reason I'm asking here is those without a gem are very quick to dismiss it as nothing special. I've read a lot that there are many tanks offering better flavor but when I reply asking which. Nobody seems to see answer. So for those owning s gem and considering it at the top
If the tree. I wonder if anything really does give better flavor.

My experience so far is that shooting for something with better flavor than the gem is an exercise in futility. Finding something with as good flavor and maybe some different ergonomics and better connectivity may be worth looking into.

With so many gem fans here I wonder if any regular papers in this thread regularly vape anything else.

The heron v4. Spheroid v2. Taifun and all of its derivatives using 3 mm dented oats ino all benefit from reducing the size of that air intake to 2mm. A forum friend recently pointed out the taifun center inserts can be used on some
Other devices. I need to find some and try. I haven't calipered the gem because the center hole is quite different. As is the way the air enters etc.

I have to say the gem with a non temp
Build kicks a much more sense vape.

Oh I recently tried the tilemahos and springomizer. I'm not a fan. Without the springomizer there's nothing special about the tank and with it the wicking is a pain and uses any saved time making coils. If you love a really serious throat hit - definitely a tank
To Check Out. And I very much admire he innovation. I hope he makes a better tank in evolution which offers w more flavorful dense vape.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I wasn't suggesting or saying it works better than the original. I was saying didn't feel there was enough difference from my cursory examination to warrant the purchase. I also stated ninjas limited experience and was open to the fact I could be mistaken. I do believe the initial hurricane was 304 and they upgraded to 316.

The taifun gt non removable deck is annoying but I use a sonic cleaner and small compressor so it's not an issue in my case. It's not one of my favorite tanks. In fact I'll likely sell it. I just don't think I'd add the hurricane to my list of wants. And like is aid before I take exception to basically copying a design and Marketing it as something special Of your own. Which is what I think they do. At the very least I think we agree its not particularly innovative.

I get that I'm judging the tank having seen the authentic but owning a clone. IME the clones typically do indicate density and flavor relatively well. They just usually have a ton of issues. Leaking. Connectivity. Threading. Orings. Etc. the hurricane 1.2 clone from Tobeco works perfectly. I'm sure the authentic is better. But 5% just isn't worth another $140 to me on this design. Too many tanks use the design to bother splitting hairs for which one offers 1% flavor concentration more than another.

I'm plenty cheery today and in general not pissy. Save the odd. Night with no sleep.

So what do you vape aside from the gem. What's high on your list. Iirc (I cant scroll back in tapatalk while typing) you said the hurricane wasn't one of your favorites. So aside from the gem what do you like. I'm generally interested in what people like who also value the gem highly. You seem
To have a lot of Experience with authentic tanks. Anything new meet your fancy?

I've just gone through cleaning and sanitizing a ton of gear for either boxing or sale
Tonight. I need to figure it what else fits the bill if anything.

The reason I'm asking here is those without a gem are very quick to dismiss it as nothing special. I've read a lot that there are many tanks offering better flavor but when I reply asking which. Nobody seems to see answer. So for those owning s gem and considering it at the top
If the tree. I wonder if anything really does give better flavor.

My experience so far is that shooting for something with better flavor than the gem is an exercise in futility. Finding something with as good flavor and maybe some different ergonomics and better connectivity may be worth looking into.

With so many gem fans here I wonder if any regular papers in this thread regularly vape anything else.

The heron v4. Spheroid v2. Taifun and all of its derivatives using 3 mm dented oats ino all benefit from reducing the size of that air intake to 2mm. A forum friend recently pointed out the taifun center inserts can be used on some
Other devices. I need to find some and try. I haven't calipered the gem because the center hole is quite different. As is the way the air enters etc.

I have to say the gem with a non temp
Build kicks a much more sense vape.

Oh I recently tried the tilemahos and springomizer. I'm not a fan. Without the springomizer there's nothing special about the tank and with it the wicking is a pain and uses any saved time making coils. If you love a really serious throat hit - definitely a tank
To Check Out. And I very much admire he innovation. I hope he makes a better tank in evolution which offers w more flavorful dense vape.
I'm almost always using a Squape Rs, a Kayfun Lite, kayfun mini V3, kayfun V4, Hurricane, Taifun, Pico, Gem or more recently, getting my feet wet with the Calix V2. I like them all very much for the different applications I use them in.
The other half of the time, I squonk.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I'm almost always using a Squape Rs, a Kayfun Lite, kayfun mini V3, kayfun V4, Hurricane, Taifun, Pico, Gem or more recently, getting my feet wet with the Calix V2. I like them all very much for the different applications I use them in.
The other half of the time, I squonk.
I just started squonking. It is definitely a very pure flavor in terms of on the tongue to in the lungs. It doesn't really have a chance to bring out nuances though so far.

I think the Kayfun mini may be one of my last buys.

I'm having s huge problem with smoking cravings now. Been off just under year - I vaped and smoked in concert for s long time, two cigs a day, and I really don't want to give in. That to me is a sure sign something in my setups isn't working for me. I think I'm growing tired of my adv and haven't really found another yet.

Any juices you think Tate particularly good ? I like the ones that really fluctuate depending on devices. That usually means a complicated recipe.

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
The recommendation here on nife48 from zipif works very well for temp
Control on the gem. That said I don't bother with the ultra finnicky dna200 device which renders about 90% of my tanks as not good for temp control. On yihi chips the nife48 has been impeccable since I started running it. If you're looking to try something in a gem for temp control. Just passing on an excellent recommendation made here previously. I wish I could remember who it was. I thought it was you!
I have recommended nife48 multiple times when using the GEM. Been using it for months and its rock solid. 6 wrap tight microcoil pulsed like kanthal works perfect every time. It has resolved all TC issues with the GEM for me. I use this build on the SX M class and Vaporflask mini.

Reactions: qorax

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I have recommended nife48 multiple times when using the GEM. Been using it for months and its rock solid. 6 wrap tight microcoil pulsed like kanthal works perfect every time. It has resolved all TC issues with the GEM for me. I use this build on the SX M class and Vaporflask mini.
You're right. I think you and other Steve were both big fans. Well credit to you both because it really is the best tc material I've used. I didn't stick with dna200 devices due to what I perceive to be over sensitivity with most of my devices. Does it significantly improve temp control on those devices powered by that chip @Dudditz or @theothersteve or others have an opinion? I loved the features of the Dna 200 chips they just didn't work well Practically for me. Maybe I'll give it another try. The k class I just bought will j on longer work for me due due to firmware issues. Strange as the boxer is working fine on the beta. I only use the titanium gem m on it. I'm going to have to absolutely rule out the atomizer is causing the issues. Unlikely not never say never without testing. Anyway - I'm deciding if I'll just leave it out and use kanthal more for now but a positive nife48 dna200 report could sway me.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I just started squonking. It is definitely a very pure flavor in terms of on the tongue to in the lungs. It doesn't really have a chance to bring out nuances though so far.

I think the Kayfun mini may be one of my last buys.

I'm having s huge problem with smoking cravings now. Been off just under year - I vaped and smoked in concert for s long time, two cigs a day, and I really don't want to give in. That to me is a sure sign something in my setups isn't working for me. I think I'm growing tired of my adv and haven't really found another yet.

Any juices you think Tate particularly good ? I like the ones that really fluctuate depending on devices. That usually means a complicated recipe.
Juices? I think complicated is over rated. Then again, if a movie cleans up at the award shows, chances are, I'll hate it. Remember 'Babel"? Couldn't stand it...yet the new Zoolander looks really good.
I haven't bought juice in a couple years. I DIY and it's generally custards. They do change throughout different devices but they're the simplest of recipes. I try to accomplish as much as I can with little effort. Most of my mixes are between 2 and 5 ingredients. Apparently they're good...you can buy most of them at Higgy Cigs. I gave them the recipes in exchange for stopping by to fill my vg and pg jugs whenever I want. To me, that's a win.

Blizzzy

Jan 8, 2016
well I have both but wouldnt know where to start comparing them. I agree with @h00ligan - very different animals.

I understand its difficult but can you try to kinda explain how are they different since both are RTAs. Maybe I should had gotten another type of atty instead of 2x GEM TIs.
I do not have another good RTA to compare to but I vaped off an e-phoenix firebird lately and I like the flavour that comes off it and its as smooth as vaping off the gem. however do not know what build and juice was in there. Does that mean ephoenix style atties suits me more?

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I understand its difficult but can you try to kinda explain how are they different since both are RTAs. Maybe I should had gotten another type of atty instead of 2x GEM TIs.
I do not have another good RTA to compare to but I vaped off an e-phoenix firebird lately and I like the flavour that comes off it and its as smooth as vaping off the gem. however do not know what build and juice was in there. Does that mean ephoenix style atties suits me more?
I have both. The hurricane is much bigger and heavier. It's chamber is bigger so the Gem has a bit more pronounced flavor. However, the hurricane has excellent flavor. The build deck on the hurricane is far more versatile and the airlow is more open when adjusted wide open.

Reactions: Blizzzy

Blizzzy

Jan 8, 2016
I have both. The hurricane is much bigger and heavier. It's chamber is bigger so the Gem has a bit more pronounced flavor. However, the hurricane has excellent flavor. The build deck on the hurricane is far more versatile and the airlow is more open when adjusted wide open.

Thank you. I'm actually really fine with the airflow of the GEM since I MTL and have gotten used to wicking the gem. Aside from that what does it mean by different flavour profiles as mentioned earlier? Does it mean certain juices or flavour vapes better on GEM and some better on the Hurricane?

Dudditz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2014
Wisconsin
You're right. I think you and other Steve were both big fans. Well credit to you both because it really is the best tc material I've used. I didn't stick with dna200 devices due to what I perceive to be over sensitivity with most of my devices. Does it significantly improve temp control on those devices powered by that chip @Dudditz or @theothersteve or others have an opinion? I loved the features of the Dna 200 chips they just didn't work well Practically for me. Maybe I'll give it another try. The k class I just bought will j on longer work for me due due to firmware issues. Strange as the boxer is working fine on the beta. I only use the titanium gem m on it. I'm going to have to absolutely rule out the atomizer is causing the issues. Unlikely not never say never without testing. Anyway - I'm deciding if I'll just leave it out and use kanthal more for now but a positive nife48 dna200 report could sway me.

I do not have a DN200 device so I don't have any input on that. The main reason I gave nife48 a try was the small build deck in the GEM really makes building properly spaced coils consistently next to impossible, at least that was my experience. I tried many others, TI, a variety of stainless, spaced, compact, etc. and I could never get any good consistency with these wires with the GEM. I know others have experienced different results. I have also been using a ubertoot lately with Nife48 however with this tank I have a larger build deck than the GEM and am using a 6-7 wrap spaced and as expected its as good if not better than the many other TC coils I have used in the uber.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thank you. I'm actually really fine with the airflow of the GEM since I MTL and have gotten used to wicking the gem. Aside from that what does it mean by different flavour profiles as mentioned earlier? Does it mean certain juices or flavour vapes better on GEM and some better on the Hurricane?
the Gem has a TINY chamber. Some flavors seen a bit more concentrated and nuances are more pronounced. That's usually a good thing...but not always. The Hurricane is a more standard sized, more conventional design. It has excellent flavor. It'll taste like it does in other attys. just maybe better. It's kinda hard to explain.

Reactions: Blizzzy

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread