Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingV

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2010
Verified Witchdoctor - In a Hut
Not sure if I can like that Rick, but I am hoping the rats don't win. The rats over here and running neck and neck with us. ugh.

Stretchy, we use lots of tomatoes. Salsa, lasagna, pasta sauces, chili... I hate grrrstore ones, they aren't really ripe. They pick them green, load them in the truck, then gas them and shut the door. The gas makes them look red when they arrive at the grrstore but they are really green tomatoes with a chemically induced color. Won't buy them, nope.

Reactions: Bamrz

stretchpants

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2011
The Prettiest in NeverNear
I didn't know all that. My daughter has an urban suburban garden.She cans stuff too.Have you ever known a person who is so remarkable at growing stuff? Nothing ever dies in her yard.Not vegetables,not flowers,not shrubby. She didn't (of course) get that from me. She grows everything organically and her garden is lush with everything.

Bamrz

Z.A.P.T. Member*
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2010
PA, near Philly
Our veggies don't do well here, we're too deep in the woods. So I rely on the farmers market guy, he grows beautiful organic veggies. I wish we could garden here. :(
We can't really grow much here unless we put a LOT of effort into the dirt. We have clay about 6-8 inches down, one of the reasons it takes my yard so long to dry enough to mow it after it rains. :(

Reactions: stretchpants

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
We have an egg dilemma every day. Tomorrow I will be bringing eggs to work with me and putting out the sign. Hopefully I'll be relieved of a bunch. :laugh:

I sure wish I could get fresh eggs from someone instead of buying the crummy commercially produced ones. Many years ago when I lived in Eastern Washington one of my co-workers kept chickens. It was his hobby, and he sold some of the eggs cheap to help pay for the feed. Best eggs I ever ate.

Our veggies don't do well here, we're too deep in the woods. So I rely on the farmers market guy, he grows beautiful organic veggies. I wish we could garden here. :(

My son lives in North Carolina and has the same problem. It's hard for any of his yard to get enough sunlight to really grow much of a garden. It's the price ya pay for living in woods, I guess, but you get all that cool, green, shade as compensation!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread