Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I searched and found a lot of tobacco flavor threads, but not too many on Inawera's tobacco line.

I normally make my tobacco extracts, but its a lot of work and Im a fiend and can easily go through 30mls + a day.

I was hoping to make some store bought Tobacco flavorings in combination to my NET.

IF I can come up with a good , not sweet, or flavored tasting, tobacco using these it could save me time and money. Cigars get expensive and the long maceration time, kills me :)

These are some of the ones I just ordered at Bull City
Inawera:
Tobacco Absolute Cuban Cigar WG
Am4A TDM
Mocca
Tobacco Virginia

I also got :
Burley-FA
Cuba-HS

The NET I have are cigar extracts; Acid Blonde, H Upmann and coffee and cocoa extracts.

I dont like nut, vanilla, hazelnut, or dessert or candy like tobacco. I enjoy a robust, drier ashy taste.

If anyone can share their experiences in Inawera tobaccos above or suggest others that might be better, I think many might enjoy the information.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I am afraid I don't have much tobacco experience other than the INW Am4A. I love that one as a stand-alone at 3-3.5%. It reminds me of my Grand Dad's Half & Half tobacco pouch. It is very much a "pipe tobacco" in that it is very aromatic. It is a rich burley/virginia tobacco blend with warm dark "fruit" notes of plum, raisin, and date. It does have a touch of natural sweetness that is more noticeable in its early stages.

Which brings me to my favorite part: this is vapable after 3 DAYS! It will continue to fill out and the various notes will better come together for about 2 weeks, but it is a nice vape after only 3 days. It will probably require a touch of your DNB if you want any ashiness and I would not describe this as "dry" by any sense of the word. It provides a dense, moist, satisfying vape; for me anyway. I hope you enjoy it as well.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thank you for your input, the Am4A sounded great in the description. Think it said something about coffee notes, but a touch bitter, sounded good to me !!!! Hope this works out to be a good stand alone or to make my NET go farther.

I usually make a first batch with my mashed up cigar, then I strain etc. I feel bad dumping all that tobacco, so since Im frugal, I warm up some pg/vg to hot, but not boiling and cover the "mash" up and add some coffee beans and or cocoa. I let that sit for weeks, month etc. Its really good.

But I use a the minimum 30ml of my "devils brew" daily, and that not including my simple DIY of mints, straw-pineapple and my only actual recipe of Lemon Chiffon/ meringue pie.

Reactions: IDJoel

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
Think it said something about coffee notes, but a touch bitter, sounded good to me !!!!
I haven't picked up on the coffee/chocolate/bitter Bull City uses to describe it but that doesn't mean they are not there. I drink coffee throughout the day (so I don't notice it in vapes much), and I rarely taste "chocolate" even in supposed chocolate vape recipes (except one German chocolate cake recipe I have), so I am not a good judge on either of those. I do think it would play nicely with those additions though if that was your thing.

I am not sure where they are getting the "bitter" idea from. Perhaps it is a strength/percentage thing (or my black coffee consumption again;)). To me, if anything, it starts to just move into the "sweet" spectrum (though that might simply be because of its richness). Maybe a touch of FA's Bitter Wizard, or even vinegar, could get it where you want.

Tamer El-Meehy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
Cairo, Egypt, Egypt
Loved Inawera Dark for Pipe and Black for Pipe. Very good stand alone vapes and both are Shake and Vape at 3-3.5%. The latter Black is a tad bit sweeter. The Dark has this "ashiness" in the background that I liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Reactions: anavidfan

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
If you like ashy, like super ashy, try Smoke and Prunes and Tobacco Taboo. Both in Inawera's Wera Garden line.

I saw that one and the name really intrigued me... One of my old store bought tobaccos used to be TPR Honey Fig tobacco. The fruit was really subtle and it was ashy, problem was the less nicotine I need the sweeter it got.

Thanks everyone, I usually dont get such a reception when I post :) Im glad I got em. Just in case, Bull City has a 15% off coupon this till the 5-5? I will get the info and share it if anyone wants.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
I saw that one and the name really intrigued me... One of my old store bought tobaccos used to be TPR Honey Fig tobacco. The fruit was really subtle and it was ashy, problem was the less nicotine I need the sweeter it got.

Thanks everyone, I usually dont get such a reception when I post :) Im glad I got em. Just in case, Bull City has a 15% off coupon this till the 5-5? I will get the info and share it if anyone wants.

I liked TPR's Honey Fig too. Didn't really get ashy from it though. I made my own after awhile. Not the same of course but pretty tasty. If you try it, and think it needs more ashy, a drop or two of this might help- Tobacco DNB WG-INW
Oh, the Bull City Flavors 15% off code is: THANKYOU and ends tomorrow.

The VZSC honey flue cure is the same thing that bull city has listed under 'super concentrates'. Same, but less $.

Honey Fig Tobacco
1.5% VapingZone SC Honey Flue Cure
2% FA Fig
1% Inawera Wera Garden Cavendish Type*

*I would think WG Cav can be subbed with any sweet, light tobacco flavoring. A couple I can think of are HS Golden VI or HS Ancient. Or go the other way for heavy if that's the way you roll.

I let this one sit about a week before vaping it.

Lately I've taken to adding more fig to this recipe after testing German Flavors Fig (from VapersTek). I'll make 20ml of the above recipe and 10ml of the German Fig at the recommended percentage and put them together to make a 30ml bottle. Very tasty.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I decided on Sat night to mix up some of the the Am4A at 3%. It is very fragrant. Im letting it sit semi uncapped and shaking it up when I think about it.

I cant wait to try it out.
@IDJoel, you mentioned adding DNB for a touch of dry/ ash tone, what is that?

DNB (Dirty neutral base) adds some ashy flavor to our tobaccos and is very strong
Tobacco DNB WG-INW

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I would suggest adding the SC (super concentrate) line, available at BC and other places, to your list as well. I can't prove it, but I really think they start life as a tobacco extract. Cigar, Cohiba, and Real Cig would be my recommendations to start with. All those are good stout tobaccos at 2 to 3 percent for most folks.

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
@IDJoel, you mentioned adding DNB for a touch of dry/ ash tone, what is that?
@GaryInTexas is correct; DNB by Inawera. He even provided the same link I was going to offer. I don't personally use it as ash is not my thing. Read the reviews at the bottom of the linked page for further description. :)

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
A really good non-aromatized true tobacco vape, imho, is 3% inawera TA cuban cigar and inawera 3% TA garuda. After many efforts I finally got my 73 year old father quitting his 55 years of cigar smoking with that mix :) Also, just inawera TA virginia or garuda by itself is very nice to me. Dark for pipe is a really good pipe tobacco as said, but the black for pipe is too aromatized for me. I have tried so many tobacco aromas, but very few of them matches my taste(and my fathers) as they too often have little to none true tobacco taste and alot of additional notes like fruits, spices, rum or woodsmoke etc.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to give credit to Art Mustel for the 3% INA TA-cuban and 3% INA TA-garuda :) The simple, but great recipe uses garuda's dry ashyness to counter the sweetness of the cuban and vice-versa.

Last edited:

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Update on the Am4A, love it !!!!! Tried it on an RDA, teaked it a bit, ( added tad more PG/VG )
Love how clean it is on the wick and coil. I have gone through almost 8mls on my Origen MK2, I use cotton, not SS mesh.... WOnderful !

Cant wait to try some of the others I got. Im trying so hard to resist buying some more of the recommended flavours you all have suggested. I want that smoke and prunes and the Garuda.

I missed out on the sale at BC but they dont have smoke and prunes and the other one, Taboo?

I want to experiment with these and my NET to see if I can mix the premade flavours with some of my own and see if I can double the end liquids.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Been continueing to enjoy the INW Virginia and THe Am4A. I have a few others that I have to mix.

I did order the INW DNB, Taboo, Garuda, Smoke and Prunes, Perique and latika. I ordered them at E-aroma they have all the INW and charge real low for shipping and the prices are less.

Will update with my findings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread