A VaporKing User Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Southern-Damsel

Jan 16, 2010
SE Ga
Hi everyone, my husband and i just received our first shipment of the Vapor King starter pack. He has spent the past three or four days researching and reviewing others posts on the various kinds, and info out there on vaping. Now... as a extremely long time smoker, i'm wondering this... any tips for us beginners? I know this is somewhat similar, but at same time different from smoking. I seem to be having a hard time getting the hang of "inhaling". i'm trying to do it very slowly, but end up choking and coughing. Lol, it really is like having to learn how to smoke all over again. I "drag" on the ec same as a real cigg except much slower, i get the "smoke" in my mouth, take my mouth off of ec, then inhale... and either i didn't get enough or i got too much and immediately choke. I know this shouldn't be this difficult, or at least i feel like it shouldn't be. I'm afraid i'll get frustrated to the point of giving up and going back to smoking, and i DONT want to do that. Lol, i still have a pack of real ciggs on the end table. My fiance seems to be getting the hang of it alot easier than me...grrrr@him. Any helpful tips or info would be greatly appreciated. We've even watched several video's on youtube for these things trying to "see" how others do it. I don't wanna quit on this, i need this for my health as i suffer from asthma and get bronchitis several times a year due to smoking.

CritterBuddy

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
Southern-Damsel:

What strength carts do you have?

I started with 36mg and couldn't take it even though I was a 1 to 1-1/2 pack a day smoker. I am down to 18mg and can inhale them but will try 12mg on my next order. Also, to help change over, don't actually inhale into your lungs all the time or at least until you adjust or try lower mg carts. BTW - some flavors have more TH than others too.

Southern-Damsel

Jan 16, 2010
SE Ga
They are 18mg, the one i kinda like so far is the Parliament. I'm used to smoking light 100's and ultra light 100's, but hubby is used to light shorts. He got the coffee sampler, and um.. i guess the tobacco sampler that has the cowboy, cowboy menthol, parliament, some other menthol, and french pipe. He did all the research and conveyed to me what he had learned, ( i read some too tho). I suggested he get the low, but i guess he thought that would be too low for what we were used to and went with the other. I'm goin to have to boink him on the back of the head! lol

rob21j

Nov 25, 2009
Long Island, NY
Hi all, wasn't sure where to post this question, but thought I would start here. I'm pretty new to this and generally only use my VK socially or on the weekends (I have an auto shorty batt). I noticed my carts seem to get hot pretty quickly. Is this bad? Do I need to let them cool down before I take another drag? It seems like they shouldn't be getting hot so fast. But maybe I'm not letting enough time pass between drags?

Overall, I love it and am pretty happy with it (I haven't wanted an analog since I started using it).

lonercom

ECF Veteran
Hi all, First post here.

I have been noticing that when heavy vaping (formerly 3 pack a day habit) that the carts would get hot and get an odd taste to them. Yesterday, I decided to disassemble a cart and discovered that the batting inside was actually singed. It was still wet but burned right where the atomizer filament appears to be attached to the carto.

I think that I have been vaping entirely too much on a single carto and will have to replace them more often. If I can find a place to get a syringe, I plan to start refilling but I guess I will have to replace the batting.

so my question is, do the other cartridge mods work just as well in the cartomizers? what would be the best replacement batting to use?

BTW. 3 orders from V4L. Impressed with the customer service and value.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
I oversmoke carts too, especially the Smilin Special menthol and RY4, my probably usually favorites so far - I think that the menthol especially masks the burnt taste that's easy to pick up with the fruit and coffee etc. flavors. This really does kind of worry me as I dun wanna be smoking batting, especially since I pretty much chain vape at this point when I'm working at the computer. (Chain smoked, too.) Is there any other way to tell? Last Smilin S. that I dissected was really scorched and still pluming vapor.

bornagainst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
Toronto, Canada
www.villagermt.com
2ivhdtd.jpg

Posted this pic in another thread, but for my refilled carts, I vape em this way. I take the plastic plug and rubber stopper out, and put a cart condom on with a nice hole punched through. Can always see how its doing that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread