Not open for further replies.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
That says it all right there. They cost more than a "REO Grand" and you can't even buy the Chalice if you wanted to except on rare occasions.

There will be at least one chalice available shortly after I get a few of Robs new attys!

Very excited to get some of these. Thank you Rob.

Shot thru cyberspace with my iGun

clyde2801

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
In the land of no hills and red dirt
Well, intercourse with a migratory water fowl!

The ceramic base idea is a forehead slapper, a "why didn't someone think of this before" revelation. Posts are nicely spread out, and are hopefully solid. 901 style air inlet hole. Engineered to fit on and work with most Reos, and with a less than $40 price tag.

Just to make sure, does it require o-rings, or can it be used without them?

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
I asked my self the same ? tonight . I milled these down to fit the grand the mini 2.1 and the vv grand I will see if I can make it work with the 2.0 as well .
I would say 3 weeks would be the earliest . Yes these screws are fillips and large enough people wont have a problem with them . The only down side to the atty will be attaching the coil the posts are not tall . I find using longer tails makes it fairly simple

I'm waiting to hear if it will fit on my Mini. I don't know if my minis are 2.0. A hornet fits them, so I'm thinking they are 2.0. Would that be right?

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I'm waiting to hear if it will fit on my Mini. I don't know if my minis are 2.0. A hornet fits them, so I'm thinking they are 2.0. Would that be right?

Mini 2.0 uses the 18490 battery. Regular Mini uses the 14500. Mini 2.1 uses the 18490 and has a larger drip well and rounded corners.

Last edited:

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Karen the reg mini uses 14500's the 18's wont fit :D

Fixed it for ya Karen, go get that 2nd cup of coffee my friend. :p

Its hard to tell from her Avie pic if shes had not enuf or too much coffee yet :lol:

I guess there is no way to hide that mistake now huh?

Thanks guys! I don't know where my mind went. I even looked at that and said it was right!!!

I DO know the correct batteries! Really!!!LOL

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
how far apart are the post set from each other. I was looking at the new phoniex XL hoping the post are farther apart allowing for more creativity with different types of wicks. are these post farther apart than say a regular phoniex?Also is this atty designed for bottom feeders primarily?

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
I use o rings on all the rbas I use . The reason the reomizer leaks is the cap threads not the base . This atomizer has a bowl and it has more threading so leaking is not a issue . As far as how it vapes no different then a chalice or a era or a reomiser they all vape the same in my opinion .You hear people raving about how great this atomizer is over that atomizer take my word for it they all vape alike . If they both have the same coil and wick and the air inlet is the same they will vape the same

Well this is almost true. I will say that where the coil is most likely to end up in relation to the air hole, size of the chamber (this effects flavor) the coil is in and materials used and their amount of connectivity do have an effect. This one looks great Rob!

Last edited:

Dan Patrick

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Texas Forest Country
Well, intercourse with a migratory water fowl!

The ceramic base idea is a forehead slapper, a "why didn't someone think of this before" revelation. Posts are nicely spread out, and are hopefully solid. 901 style air inlet hole. Engineered to fit on and work with most Reos, and with a less than $40 price tag.

Just to make sure, does it require o-rings, or can it be used without them?

I use O Rings on the base of the atomizer with ALL my Rebuildable atomizers on REO's. I like the ones that come with the Grand Bottle. That size for some reason is perfect. I kept getting juice on my mod, thought it was coming out of the air hole. It was the base. This is the case for all of them so far IMO. But it's all according to how thick your juice is....like everything else.

CATastrophe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Purradise (NETN)
Mini 2.0 uses the 18490 battery. Regular Mini uses the 14500. Mini 2.1 uses the 18490 and has a larger drip well and rounded corners.

Okay, thanks all for getting that straight. :laugh: I have regular minis. But, if the only difference is the battery between regulars and a 18490, then the new RBA should fit if it fits the 2.0.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
www.facebook.com
Okay, thanks all for getting that straight. :laugh: I have regular minis. But, if the only difference is the battery between regulars and a 18490, then the new RBA should fit if it fits the 2.0.

I was just giving you the battery size so you would know what you have. There is a little difference in the drip well size.

Mini 2.0 18490:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-5/8”
Depth: 7/8”
ID of catch cup: ~35/64"
Weight: 4.9 oz fully loaded
Uses 3ml bottle & 1 AW IMR 18490 Battery

Mini 14500:
=====
Height: 3-1/8" including catch cup
Width: 1-1/2"