Status
Not open for further replies.

pkj

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2010
Paula in Arizona
I have several small 510 batteries and chargers. I have them set up as loaners with a couple 18mg, samples of juices, (tobacco & fruit) and some cartomizers. I loan them out to folks I meet who are wanting to try an e-cig with the understanding I want them back in 2 weeks.

Only one person in the past three years has failed to return the 'package' to me. Only one person in the past three years of loaning them out decided they did not like vaping.

I don't use them myself, but I can't leave functioning gear laying in a drawer. I figured this was one way I could get some good use out them.

aewolfe

Jun 28, 2010
Boston MA
Hello All,
I had started vaping some time ago and was quite pleased. I had stopped using cigs and everything was good. I ran out of supplies and started up on the cigs again. I have decided to start again but my only real experience is with the 510 with the cartimizers, I never used the atomizers. I contacted the place I used to deal with and they no longer sell the 510. I have been looking online but it seems to me that I can only find the 510 kits with the atomizers, not caartimizers.

So, my question to everyone. Should I use a different model? I was rather happy with the 510. I like the fact that is looks and feels (somewhat) like a cig so I would rather stick with a model that is similar. I have used both manual and auto and generally switch from one to the other as my mood takes me. As I stated earlier I have never used an atomizer but I am will to try it if it is not difficult. I usually just kept the 510 fully loaded in my pocket and used it as I needed. No dripping or anything, other than refilling the carts as needed.

Any help would be great. I plan to purchase in the next day or so. Any help would be great and if you have a preference in suppliers, I would like to hear that also.

Thanks All.

ae,
I think what you're talking about is the 510-T, which uses an atomizer and a clear plastic tank, rather than the cartridge with the fiber-fill that you're used to. 510-T atty's are compatible with all your 510 batteries, and in my opinion are superior to the cartridges in utility, flavor and throat hit. The tanks are easy to fill and hold more juice than the cartridges. Also you can clearly see how much juice you have left. If you're gonna stick with the 510, I definitely recommend going with the -T. When I use my 510, it's always with a tank, I haven't used the cartridges since my second week of vaping.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
If you specifically want to use cartos on your 510 batts, Ikenvape and Myvaporstore both have SR 510 cartos. Many places have 2.0 ohm 510 cartos also if you're willing use them on your 510 atties.

510 batteries can be used with 510 cartos and atties, 510-t atties, or 306 atties or cartos. You can also use them with CE2s and CE3s too if you'ld like.

I never liked the SR 510 cartos, not enough vapor. But, the little 510 batts don't last as long with LR (2.0 ohm or lower) cartos.

I personally prefer to drip with a 510-t or SR 306 atty when using my 510 batts. But, that's just me.

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I still use my 510. Even though I upgraded to an eGo I still keep the 510 handy. It's smaller, lighter, and easier to take with me. Even though the battery life is short and you have to keep adding liquid, I still find myself using it.

Actually, I get fairly decent vapor outta the 510. And I find it useful for testing a few drops of my DIY liquids.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm just going all over the place. Backwards, forwards, and sideways. I started with an eGo-T, then quickly went through 510 atties and cartos to the 306, which I stuck with exclusively for about 6 months.

But, eventually I had to try it all! I have 801s, 901s, 808s, carto-tanks, Vivi Novas, T2s, Stardusts, . . . . . And, they're ALL good each in their own way!

breeld

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2010
Alabama
I also have 808s. I have tried just about every carto, tank, clearomizer, etc. that is out there. I also have the mego cone atomizer that I really like. Recently I tried the slim 510 clearos. I really do like them, but no way to change `em out. Just have to toss them when they`re done (as far as I know). They are some of the best I`ve used yet. Most of the clearos mute the taste for me-including the mini vivi`s. So, as I said, I`m ordering more 510s and more slim 510 clearos-that seems to be what works best for me.
It really goes from a "stop smoking" thing to a hobby to an addiction. lol (forgot to mention, I have about 18 ecigs, not counting the 15 I have given away. 6 of those are ego-mini`s.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Out of all those others you mentioned, 306, etc....are any of them any better than the 510? I`ve looked at them before, but tended to stick with the 510 because it has common threads with so much else.

The 306 has the same threading as the 510. The 306 will always be my favorite!

ETA: But, it does take a different kind of drip tip.

This is a 306:

And, these are 306 drip tips:

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
No, not the nano`s. They were horrible. All I could taste was plastic. These are Kangar T4. Gotvapes and litecigusa has them.
I may have to try out the 306s.

I'll have to try out the T4. I don't have much experience with clearos, mostly with atties and a little with cartos. I just always end up getting frustrated and reverting to dripping instead. So, much simpler and more reliable.

But, lately I've been using carto-tanks a little more. They're spoiling me.

breeld

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2010
Alabama
I have a baby kanger t3 on the way-as well as more t4s. I still use the cartos quite a bit, too, tho. I have a few tanks, but it just seems to me that the taste gets "off" a little quicker with them. I also ordered a t4 for the 808s to try out-Now you have me wanting to try the 306s. From what you said, I could use the t4s on them too. right?

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have a baby kanger t3 on the way-as well as more t4s. I still use the cartos quite a bit, too, tho. I have a few tanks, but it just seems to me that the taste gets "off" a little quicker with them. I also ordered a t4 for the 808s to try out-Now you have me wanting to try the 306s. From what you said, I could use the t4s on them too. right?
Are you talking about getting 306 batteries? I've never bought a 306 battery and don't know anything about them. I don't know anyone who ever has. We just buy 306 atomizers and drip tips then use them on our 510/eGo batteries.

I buy my 306s at Avid Vaper. I would recommend either LR306 2.0 ohm (Cisco Spec) or 306 Atomizer at 2.2 ohms.

Avid Vaper also has a variety of 306 drip tips. They also have 306 to 510 Drip Tip Adapter so you can use any regular 510/808/901 drip tip with your 306. Very handy.

I still use cartos too. Just not on my 510s. I use 2.0 ohm cartos on my eGo batteries and I use SI cartos on my 808s.

Discount Vapers is out of both the baby T3 and the T4. I guess I'll have to look around. Where did you get yours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread