The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Anyone here still use their 510??

Discussion in 'Joye 510' started by JellieBean, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dr. Phill

Dr. Phill Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2012
    Kansas City, Mo
    I keep mine in my vehicle during those times that I forget my main one. I keep one of those rubber tips the blank cartos come with to keep it from drying up while sitting in there for a month or so at a time. So yes, I do use mine, but not often at all.

2. Amylee
    This message by Amylee has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Oct 24, 2012, Reason: Moved On.
    Oct 23, 2012
  3. Taegost

Taegost Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay, Fl
    I've been using different VV mods and tanks for over a year now... I just realized that I'm not using it very much anymore, I don't like lugging around this giant Torpedo I have now, and I haven't been thrilled with any of these tanks... I'm looking at going back to a 510 with PCC and just buying a bunch of 510 atties...
    Now that I've gotten rid of all the spares that I had ;)

4. jimik

jimik Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 17, 2009
    Spring Hill, Fl
    When I do vape, I use my titan 510 atomizers along with a drip tip and tornato batteries that have been going strong since March. I don't have money to experiment with other types of ecigs, this setup does me pretty good though. An atomizer usually lasts me two weeks of heavy vaping, the batteries seem to go on for several months.

5. MiamiMom63

MiamiMom63 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2012
    South Florida
    I love my Provari and other mods. But I do have my Volt cig-look-alike ecigs and KGO's also for certain occasions. For example, when I go visit with family for Thanksgiving next week, I will use my Volt so I don't freak them out by whipping out my Chrome Provari with extended cap and large pink Vivi Nova tank on it with my glass drip tip! HA! I think they would really start to worry about me then! lmao.

6. Riverboat

Riverboat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Arizona
    510 HH attys anyway......... on top of a Provari

7. grandmato5

grandmato5 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    WNY
    I used my original Joye 510 batt yesterday :D It hasn't gotten a lot of use since its first 3 months but does occasionally get pulled out and used if I'm looking for the small form factor or just want something different to use. Its now over two years old but still working just fine when I do choose to pull it out and use it. :)

8. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 15, 2011
    I do, all the time when I go out.

9. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 15, 2011
    I don't really think it's all that twisted.

When I first started I 'needed' a more powerful device to get off cigs. Now that my addiction is gone, it works for me and I'm not fond of vaping a huge device in public.

10. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 3, 2012
    California
    The only 510 thing I use is the connection to all my 510 things. My 510 batts (all are manual) are obsolete for me now. All that charging was driving me batty (pun intended). But you make me curious and I might have to pull one out just to see if they still even work :lol:

11. bols2DaWall

bols2DaWall Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I use my 510 torch (es) only , super easy to use for a noob(me) and i couldn't be happier
    510 Torch

12. StereoDreamer

StereoDreamer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 13, 2012
    Columbia MD
    I didn't start out with 510s--my first kit was a DSE901 kit, but it was still a "cig-a-like" form factor.

And despite the fact that I have eGos and an AcryliMax VV/VW mod, I still use my 901 batteries, especially when I am out an about. They are easier to carry around and I can charge them in my car easily and quickly.

Also, I don't get weird looks--people are more likely to as me about them than they are some weird-looking mod with a tank on it, so they offer a more "accessible" opportunity for "outreach" to the public about e-cigs and vaping...

13. DancingHeretik

DancingHeretik Dancing in the Chaos Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I do still use my 280mah 510's. But, I never liked the 510 atty too much. Instead I drip using a 510-t atty or a SR 306.

True, I don't use them often. I just don't get around to it because my 900mah Egos are so much simpler.

I do still have just a few 180mah 510's. I really don't like them. I think maybe I should get together a little 510 kit to sell or PIF for some new vaper that just has to have a cig-a-like.

But, I'm keeping my 280mah 510's!!! They're just so much fun!

Oh, and I do still use my original 510 atties - for taste testing only.

14. gil schwartzman

gil schwartzman Full Member Verified Member

May 1, 2012
    New York
    I actually just purchased two more 510 batteries today. I don't like fussing around with my mods while driving. I wanted something that I could just leave in the car forever. Having two lets me keep one on the charger and have one read to go. It works well for the minimal driving I do.

15. telsie

telsie Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2009
    Maryland
    I still love my Joye 510!

I started out with a DSE901 and quickly switched to the 510. That's what I've been using for about three years now. My standard setup is a 510 battery, 510 atomizer w/DSE901 flat tip cartridge on it. For a little vaping variety, I also use 306 atomizers (for dripping only) and 306 cartomizers. I like the 306 pieces because they're skinny and can fit 501 batteries.

I do have some eGo batteries that I use while driving or sometimes while sitting around the house, but I still mainly use standard 510 batteries. I just prefer the small, slender size, so I deal with the short charge they provide by having lots of batteries and a 10-battery charger.

16. Shifter_scott

Shifter_scott Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    RDU Triangle, NC
    I started vaping back in early September with a 510 starter kit, went to 510-T within about a week (better throat hit for me.), then within a couple more weeks I had an eGo-T, then eGo-C, now I'm usually using CE5 clearos or a Vivi Nova. When out and about I usually have the eGo-C or eGo-T on a 650 battery because it's not as fragile as the clearos, I like to carry it in a AA Maglite belt holster, which can be a bit rough on clearomizers.

That being said, I still have my 510's, and just today I broke them out and got my 3 batteries charged up. I'll be travelling next week and may need to do a little stealth vaping. You can't beat a 510 in your fist for that. It's the one time the relatively meager vapor production is actually an advantage. Although I do usually need to run 24-26 mg juice in the 510 to get a decent hit, whereas my other rigs are great with 16-18mg.

17. skydvejam

skydvejam Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2010
    Garland, me
    I use a 510-t atty with tanks on my big battery vv mod, so in a way I love my 510's.

18. alank

alank Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 29, 2011
    Southeast New York
    I don't know why but suddenly I have become interested in some of this older stuff sans the LCD's, VV, VW, yada, yada, etc, etc, so on and so forth :D
    Things haven't change all that much with exception of circuitry and quality of the componenents.
    So, I pulled the trigger and bought two kits one standard 510 auto battery for a friend and a 510-T for myself.
    The friend was interested but insisted it had to be automatic, well we will see. With a 2 ohm atty and 450 mah I figure it should work as a decent stealth vaper, let us hope *shrug* :D

PS: Perhaps I was thinking of Browning "Sometimes less is more"?

19. Cid78

Cid78 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2012
    Indonesia
    I am still using my 510 battery, but combined with Vision Nano Clearomizer. Very good vapor production for it size. I am using this normally if i am out and do not want to carry big and heavy ecig

20. HippieHermit

HippieHermit Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Vaporland
    Yesterday, I got a Joye 510 eGo-T 2 starter kit. It came with lots of little cartridges, but I put my regular carto on it and it vapes great. I tried my VV tank and that works well, also. I'll save the original cartridges for stealth vaping when I'm out. Hmm... I thought I was making a good investment with the 510??

21. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Yeah that's a pretty good model!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.