Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

firhill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Port Huron MI./Ontario, CA.
pACE-1207315reg.jpg

pACE2-1202086reg.jpg

I think these will work..Ace hardware carries them.

francis_a

ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
The Granite State
N8T: Quick question on the wick. Are you now using the new material from your new supplier? I noticed that the second RES I got was lighter in color and what seems to be less porous {unless it's just my imagination}. I ran my finger through the surface of both wicks and the one I first had was definitely rougher {for lack of better term}

Product suggestion... lanyard? Or thoughts about one? Official one would be nice with cutout for the switch - or a tab that locks in and allows you to activate it?

N8T: Quick question on the wick. Are you now using the new material from your new supplier? I noticed that the second RES I got was lighter in color and what seems to be less porous {unless it's just my imagination}. I ran my finger through the surface of both wicks and the one I first had was definitely rougher {for lack of better term}

Hey guys!

Sorry, no lanyards in the works.

There is some variation in the current res material appearance, but no difference in porosity. The new material is still in the prototyping phase. It probably won't be out for another month or so. It's crazy how long it takes, I know, but that's the nature of product development and manufacturing.

I'll keep everyone posted for sure.

Cheers!

Nate

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Hi N8T. Will the Res hold up in an ultrasonic cleaner or is that a bad idea? Also, what are the advantages of the new Res material over the old one? Thanks.

That's a negative on the ultra sonic cleaning. I don't know exactly what the natural frequency if the wicks are, but I do know that it's high. You don't want to be inducing inter-granular stress in ceramics.

Sorry, I can't quote any specs on the new material until I've verified the production parts.

Cheers!

Nate

Last edited:

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
Thanks, Nate. I've been wondering about that too.

But it's easy enough to rinse the Res in hot water for a couple of minutes or let it soak in hot water for a couple of minutes and then rinse it. The flavors including cinnamon and menthol and fruits come right out with no lingering tastes of them. I do this right before bed and then let it dry on a paper towel over night and it's already to go in the morning.

namuch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Surprise,Az
so meaning n8t not all of the juice will be goint to the atty. you have to refill it again

It's hard to quantify how much juice remains in the res. There is always some in there and you can't draw all of it out while vaping, but the effect of having the saturated res while using the device is downright amazing.

I usually clean mine in the evening using warm water and a paper towel to dry on overnight. When I fill it in the morning, I'll use 15 drops or so to get it ready, then I can literally chain-vape the thing all day, just adding 7 - 10 drops at a time periodically to get the internals wet again. I have the regular alpha (not the lite or max) version, and when I'm using it hard, like at a bar or something, it goes for a crazy long time between redrips. So long in fact, that I find myself surprised when the flavor starts to thin, and I have to add more. I should also mention that I almost exclusively use 1.5ohm 306 attys, and they are brutal for liquid usage.

After re-reading the last 2 paragraphs, I guess what I'm trying to say is: you won't miss the minimal amount of juice that remains in the res, you'll just be enjoying golden hit after golden hit while using the thing. Which for a long time dripper, is really what you want anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread