Apex Vapor Alpha Information Page; Have Questions, Concerns, Suggestions, New Product Requests, or Want to Ask N8T the Alpha engineer a question? Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
Lol, I'm not N8T, but I have tried almost all the HV gear. The thing is that over the last 2 years, I've come to really enjoy keeping it simple, and IMO, using the better LR atty's with 3.7v setups, scratches the same itch for me that using the VV mods or HV attys used to.

I agree. If you use the right LR 306 atty at 3.7v there is nothing better IMO as well.

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
I'd love to see this as well. Or titanium one :)

I know titanium would be pretty sweet but if we ever come out with a different alpha it would most likely be stainless steel. The ss would be quite a bit more expensive than the standard alphas, but titanium would be incredibly more expensive than even the ss would be. I suppose when we get to that road we will have to see what the public wants, and cross it accordingly.

Tat_skull

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2010
New Mexico
I've been dying to have mine in black; but is it possible to anodize just the outside of the tube?

It should be possible, I have a mod thats anodized just on the outside, and different color options are becoming available for it soon. I would love to have a black one and a red one!!

Slo Ryd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2009
City of Trees
www.innovapor.com
It should be possible, I have a mod thats anodized just on the outside, and different color options are becoming available for it soon. I would love to have a black one and a red one!!

It is my understanding that the nickel plating is much more conductive than anodized. That is why we did not go that route. But for a more technical explanation you will have to contact N8T.

Unfortunately anodizing is a no-go in a device like this. I tried to make it work good but it was a constant hassle, not to mention the labor intensive masking and plugging.

IMAG0471Large.jpg

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Unfortunately anodizing is a no-go in a device like this. I tried to make it work good but it was a constant hassle, not to mention the labor intensive masking and plugging.

IMAG0471Large.jpg

Man I'd kill for that housing lol. That's too bad. Maybe ill buy a second one and hack it up. If possible...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

LilOperaGirl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2011
Reno, NV
Hi there. So I just got my alpha with res today and I have an issue. I'm getting nothing but dry burnt hits. I did get it from a friend so it does not have the attys that came with it. I've filled up the res to where it appears very wet and topped off in the atty. First few hits it flooded the atty so bad I had juice in my mouth. Blew it out, checked the res, and tried again. From then on the hits have been dry. I take off the whole res part to look at the atty and it's all wet on the outside so the res does seem full. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. The juice I'm using is 80vg. Does it need thinner juice? Any help would be great. Thanks! Oh yea and the atty does fine when it's on a regular 510 battery. It's a 3ohm atty.

sashwa

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2010
Alcatraz
I don't know if this will help you or not but I fill my RES via the atty. I have an ultramax so I do 10 drops, let sit for a couple of minutes, 10 more drops, let sit for a couple of minutes until I get to 40 or 45 drops and then let it sit for at least 5 minutes. Also try taking a hit without using the switch to draw up juice. That helps some too. I will also keep drawing after I let the switch go.

After the first filling of the RES, I will do 10 drops and let sit for a bit too before vaping. One thing I have noticed is that you can't continously chain vape with the alpha. You need to give it time to catch up.

Also remember that there is a learning curve with these. At least I found that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread