hamster-Provari.jpg

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I found their smooth power to be the reason to use one, then the durability made me want more. Dropping a ProVari on concrete is just an annoyance, not a crisis. They are also handy for pounding nails back in when they pop out in my fence. Yeah, they are that good.

:thumbs:

(your fence looks great, by the way)

I've been known to like them....:D

View attachment 687085

Just a little, eh, Gneezie? :D

A couple of years ago I wrote an article on the Provari which contains some historical and technical information about Provape and the Provari. You can find it, Why Provari?, in my blog.

I still own a couple of Provari's (2.0 version), but because my vaping demands eventually changed I now use sub-ohm tanks and RBA's exclusively. I shall always keep them as a momento to a special time in my world of vaping.

Currently using a JAC Vapour B and Segelei Fuchai 213 Plus mods with Uwell Crown 1 tanks.

Hiya, your Badness. ;) Your "Why Provari" Blog remains, much like Provape, relevant, wise, well-crafted, and classic.

'Grats on the Jackie, too. ;)

There were V2 mini's, they don't have the rings bordering the teardrops. The changes to the regular and mini from V2-V2.5 were cosmetic only.

Hip Hip, V2.

d45f2f5c5eb179a.jpg

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Hi yah @WillyZee , nice to see you still amongst the living:) how many ProVi's is enough? I don't know either :lol: but I do know a little :) nice to see you posting, seriously :thumb:

cheers E ... probably about 6 Provi should be able to ride out the Vapocalypse.

2 might even do it :blink:

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada

dsheik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
overland park, KS
so what atty and ohm coils are people using on their provaris ?

I really like the Hussar single coil. I usually build at 1.2 ohm which is about as low as you can build for the Provari 2.5, at 4.2 V. I have a P3 and other mods if I want to build lower but I rarely ever do.

So its the Hussar on the 2, 2.5 90+% of the time. The 2, 2.5 is my favorite mod of all the mods I own.

Last edited:

Vikaernes

Jan 21, 2014
Wildomar, CA
I feel very fortunate I was able to get my hands on a Procyon when I did. It's been the best device I've ever used. I don't even look at other devices anymore, because I know they won't even come close to matching up. In that way, I think the provari is a bargain, if it keeps you from bothering with new mods :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I think the mere thread length going on here is proof enough that Provaris are the BOMB. The dude who introduced me to vaping had one, going by the pics I see. I always wondered where that funky mod came from, LOL. He was inciting me to buy one at one point, now I wish I had....

Anna

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
In answer to anyone who brings out the tired old line of 'ProVape couldn't keep up with what the public wanted'...
Balderdash.
ProVape continued developing mods up to the Procyon which could fire at (a genuine) 50 watts and the 60 watt upgrade for Radius. Those power levels would satisfy all but a minority of vapers.
What killed ProVape products was the cost. There are now hundreds of poorly produced mods around that sell for less than a ProVari end cap. It's hard to justify shelling out 5-6 times the cost for one device over another. Those that took the leap of faith and tried it didn't regret it. Those who didn't, well there are plenty of those in every ProVape discussion.
For all the naysayers out there;
Time will tell, re-sale values don't lie !!!!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
So, the provari is like the Subaru of mods? My husband keeps muttering about resale values every time he does costly repairs (I am in no way implying that provaris require costly repairs!)

Anna

hahaha... no. definitely not a subaru.

more like the 2017 Jaguar F-Pace or the 2018 Audi Q-5. Provari is definitely more like a luxury compact SUV. :)

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Nice. I'm just getting really tempted now to buy a used Provari instead of a DNA mod, LOL. :) Especially if the husband really follows through on his desire to create the best DNA mod for me where I can have design input.... Might have to start keeping a closer eye on the classifieds.... :)

Anna

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Just two of my favorites (with "a few" more stocked for vapocalypse mode).

Yeah, they're old, outdated, under-powered, archaic, TOTALLY behind the times... and absolutely perfect. I use them every day (this pic was taken within the past month).

Oh, I've got other stuff, and plenty of it :facepalm:. But with the right topper, I still get a perfect vape, and perfect vaping experience from these, my "Elder statesmen". Go figure.

Provaris were the mods that sealed my fate as a vaper, so many moons ago. After 5-6 months of hit & miss, I knew I'd found gold at the first press of their amazing buttons.

I guess my oldest is...jeez...5+ years old now. Like the legendary Energizer Bunny...(still going!).

In fact, that very first one still lives today (and I think it may be one of those that @Katdarling posted earlier). Regardless, it's still in use, and in a most excellent pair of hands. Better hers than mine (she takes much better care of stuff than I do).

Thank you, ProVape, for being my catalyst. You are and will be missed. Class acts, all around.

20170915_223637 (Medium).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread