Best MTL Tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Factory tanks are fine, but I don't look for them to persist if the FDA is successful in controlling hardware through product submission and testing. A few coils of wire and a few rebuildables seems much more sustainable from our standpoint.

I think there will always be tanks for factory coils.
We can't forget those trying to quit the stinkies. I can't imagine those new to vaping want to start by building coils. I think that would be a huge deterrent.
I do agree that folks who end up staying quit will find their way to rebuildables, but for beginners, I hope factory coil tanks are here to stay.

QTS

Thank you, QuitTheStinkies; I ordered one!

You're welcome!
Couple of tips:
Don't let the wick touch the bottom of the tank. It can lead to a little leaking out the air holes.
The 510 pin is longer than usual, so you could have a tiny gap between the tank and mod.
I started out building on a 2.5mm bit, then moved up to 3mm, because it can hold more wick.
It's one of the only tanks I use that likes a little more wick than less.

Enjoy!

QTS

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    Reactions: tazzle

drmarble

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 8, 2014
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    Reactions: Tomasius74

skyboxer1968

ECF Veteran
    Jan 28, 2015
    Illinois
    I've been building for a while but have never bought a kayfun. Im getting bored with DL vaping, even the "flavor" coils dont seem that great. I've got a couple of kayfuns in my FT cart now. I've never heard of a kabuki. Authentic kabukis are expensive, are the FT kabuki clones any good? Looks like they take nautilus coils, am I right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    Lots have been said about MTL tanks but do anyone is aware of a BF RDA designed for MTL using a squonker?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

I have a Chalice III clone and while I don't use it much anymore its a very fine sqonk RDA.

I see they have a Chalice 4 clone out now. I may have to try that.

coolerat

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2015
    Verona,NY
    I've been building for a while but have never bought a kayfun. Im getting bored with DL vaping, even the "flavor" coils dont seem that great. I've got a couple of kayfuns in my FT cart now. I've never heard of a kabuki. Authentic kabukis are expensive, are the FT kabuki clones any good? Looks like they take nautilus coils, am I right?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I've had both and while you can tell them apart physically the vape was identical.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Nah, I checked the code before I shelved it, I don't think it was a clone, after all. I was just early in my vaping adventures. Even if it wasn't leaking (I think that part was my fault in some way) I doubt I would have LOVED it, mainly the size of the tank and the metal (long) vapetip, I could see it being an excellent tank had I not run into the Nautilus 2 *first*. It reminded me of some long ago tanks I had where the flavor just sucked. But, it's genuine. It's in my vape closet, LOL, I just doubt that I'll be vaping it any time soon. Not when I am in love with the Naut 2. I need to hide it so I'm motivated to TRY learning to build a coil.... :) That was pretty much my first MTL tank and it's hard to beat.

Anna

Reactions: Skold

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    My favorite MTL tanks are, and always will be, the Protank II, EVOD and Kamry X10. Still have some of these that I bought three years ago. I've adapted my MTL draw technique to their characteristically tight draws and pegged both the sweet spot wattage and coil resistance. Maintenance is easy and dirt cheap.

They satisfy, so I see no need to change.

I do DL too now, so I'm digging the best of both worlds.

440BB

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 19, 2011
    The Motor City
    I've adapted my MTL draw technique to their characteristically tight draws and pegged both the sweet spot wattage and coil resistance. Maintenance is easy and dirt cheap.
    That's winning in my book!

Finding your sweet spot that is satisfying used to be the goal for most vapers here. I suspect many no longer look toward settling in with a satisfying setup and sticking with it. The avalanche of mods and toppers make many vapers' style more like speed dating than a long term relationship. Many are following what makers and vendors push out to churn more revenue without ever investing the time to tune a combination to really fit their style.

Finding one's sweet spot makes vaping a low stress, low cost way to simply not smoke. Everything else is just for fun or variety.

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    My tanks are so old that I keep checking to see if moss is growing on them.

My first tank was a MAP tank, but damn, it was a PITA to keep those CE2s working! That was a love/hate ordeal I will never forget.
    Then came carto tanks, :wub: and to this day I have never found a MTL tank that works better.
    So it's SR Boge cartos in a J-tank for me, and I have no desire to mess around with a bunch of half :censored: tanks that aren't any better anyway.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    My tanks are so old that I keep checking to see if moss is growing on them.

My first tank was a MAP tank, but damn, it was a PITA to keep those CE2s working! That was a love/hate ordeal I will never forget.
    Then came carto tanks, :wub: and to this day I have never found a MTL tank that works better.
    So it's SR Boge cartos in a J-tank for me, and I have no desire to mess around with a bunch of half :censored: tanks that aren't any better anyway.

Have you tried the S&P tank?

Reactions: Skold
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread