Castle long clone recipe? Anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
came to the thread for headinclouds recipe that i will make this evening. i have a batch of clone made using no ap to try tonight as well. the only TFA ingredients used are ky bourbon, brown sugar, and a third of the toasted almond. the other two thirds of toasted almond comes from capella's. i subbed capella's simply vanilla for vanillin and add FW madagascar vanilla in place of vanilla bourbon. FA has the coconut i have been looking for. smells great. a small amount of capella's coconut rounds out that flavor. result, two coconuts, almonds, and vanillas so far. i reserved adding any AP until i see how this tastes. i didn't want it in the way of tasting the toast in the almonds i used. i had been using less AP recently and may delete depending on tonights sampling. the last batch i am finishing now less FA coconut is being vaped with a .9ohm/cotton setup in kayfun at 15,5 watts without scorching. it will handle more power but the kayfun doesn't allow enough air unless i draw hard. not my style. i will vape up the last while making headinclouds recipe and report findings for both new juices late tonight. all responses have been very helpful. thanks members!

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
made 5.5ml of flavor base for headinclouds recipe. applied 3ml to make a 30ml bottle named headinclouds. straight out of the uc into a fresh 1ohm/cotton kayfun tankful. perhaps a little soon to say more than its very interesting. there are flavors that i am not familiar with. i need to google marzipan and cardamon to learn what they are. lol i like it alot. the only thing differing is i used FW whiskey because i had a 4oz bottle already. FA coconut is the bomb. i will definitely be trying other FA flavors than these. something i am also trying to do is put together a flavor lab of juices. these will all be included. i already made a 30ml of coconut wednesday for use in my clone. headinclouds you are to be commended. this vape keeps getting better. i filled the tank a few hours ago and vaped some to warm up the chamber and help it steep. built a kayfun for new clone in the meantime. vaped clone until i logged in at ecf. i think this can be an alternate ADV for me. very interesting indeed. best thing is it will be better tomorrow. clone on the other hand turned out awesome as well. juices in it have steeped and i just need to duplicate from base formulation to post an improved recipe. no AP. i've got to heads up the almonds, coconuts, and vanillas some more to see if it can be simplified. .9ohm 12 watts nice leisure flavorful draws. 15 watts 3.7v loves it. 18 watts 4v great scot yee haw. time to lower my nic level and retreat. i will get this recipe out asap, its done.

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
i simplified my CL clone recipe this morning and concluding future effort to improve. i am thoroughly pleased with the end result and have no direction left to make it any better. all flavors are detectable and the best quality of each i have sourced. it will allow power to be applied without scorching. i am using a .9ohm nichrome/cotton build anywhere from 9-20 watts. i like the 12-15 range best for my current 10mg/ml nic app. i will be lowering to 6mg/ml when my new dna30 devices arrive. one contains a new chip that isn't really dna 30 will go to 50 watts and fire down to .2ohm. don't know i will ever go that low but it will be fun to play with. plan to try g-plat wire in three larger gauges when i get the courage to pull that trigger. it's a tad pricey. hopefully that will conclude my vape spending for the rest of the year. i dove into the deep end my first seven months and have spent over $2500. analog cost would have been $2100 so i don't feel at all bad about the money. physically, i feel great. my doctor commented on how clear my lungs sounded on my recent visit. i requested he take blood to measure iron content since i switched to nichrome. i have too many red blood cells and restrict red meat consumption. no cast iron cookware or kanthal (25% iron). vitamin c facilitates the absorbtion of iron so it also is restricted. i am nearly down to a normal level now. i have only been using nichrome around a couple months and i expect my condition will continue to improve. the spring/well water in our area is the major source of iron i still receive. enough about me, here is the recipe in parts and % for the mathematicians.

CL CLONE

4 parts 3.1% KY BOURBON TFA
3 parts 2.3% TOASTED ALMOND CAPELLA'S
3 parts 2.3% COCONUT FA
1 part .77% SIMPLY VANILLA CAPELLA'S
1 part .77% MADAGASCAR VANILLA FW
1 part .77% BROWN SUGAR EXTRA TFA

percentages are slightly rounded

i have to say this recipe belongs to the many contributions/comments made by members and is now here for anyone to enjoy. my diy experience and knowledge are greatly improved as a result. i now know my cardamon from my marzipam and have a great source for supplies. anyone curious about heating a finished juice should take a look at mike petro's blog on the degradation of nicotine using a crock pot. while it still needs more testing, the initial results are enough for me to not go there. i find a kayfun heats the liquid enough in the tank to improve flavor with no loss of nic. my uc provides some warmth from molecular friction. i see no need to uc finished juice more than three 8 min. cycles. some tobacco enthusiasts will uc many cycles for days. once is probably enough. welcome to the forum, the house of subjectivity.

headinclouds recipe led me to FA and another great ADV. marzipam and oakwood could possibly find their way into cl clone. amanda and others led me away from AP and additional coconut. curly sent me to bull city and suggested capellas for a better coconut which is excellent but FA won the aroma contest. i did get an awesome vanilla and their toasted almond is a winner. finally, phoneguy started the thread and sparked my interest. happy vaping, thank you forum

manzinny are you feeling lucky? flowerpots thank you too!

Last edited:

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
Sounds good - I made up a batch of your earlier one, but using FA flavors for coconut and vanilla, and it's very good. In your recipe above you said FA toasted almond. Did you mean to say TFA toasted almond, because as far as I know FA only makes almond!

my mistake. the almond came from capellas. i will edit and thanks for the mindful heads up. you contributed so much to this.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
I almost bought all the flavors during bullcity fourth of july sale, and didn't only because they were out of AP. Now you have simplified the formula and removed the AP ! Yeah, i'm gonna order all needed supplies tomorrow i think. Do you like the revised formula better ? What was the role of AP in the original formula ?

Thanks for doing all the leg work btw !!

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
i simplified my CL clone recipe this morning and concluding future effort to improve. i am thoroughly pleased with the end result and have no direction left to make it any better. all flavors are detectable and the best quality of each i have sourced. it will allow power to be applied without scorching. i am using a .9ohm nichrome/cotton build anywhere from 9-20 watts. i like the 12-15 range best for my current 10mg/ml nic app. i will be lowering to 6mg/ml when my new dna30 devices arrive. one contains a new chip that isn't really dna 30 will go to 50 watts and fire down to .2ohm. don't know i will ever go that low but it will be fun to play with. plan to try g-plat wire in three larger gauges when i get the courage to pull that trigger. it's a tad pricey. hopefully that will conclude my vape spending for the rest of the year. i dove into the deep end my first seven months and have spent over $2500. analog cost would have been $2100 so i don't feel at all bad about the money. physically, i feel great. my doctor commented on how clear my lungs sounded on my recent visit. i requested he take blood to measure iron content since i switched to nichrome. i have too many red blood cells and restrict red meat consumption. no cast iron cookware or kanthal (25% iron). vitamin c facilitates the absorbtion of iron so it also is restricted. i am nearly down to a normal level now. i have only been using nichrome around a couple months and i expect my condition will continue to improve. the spring/well water in our area is the major source of iron i still receive. enough about me, here is the recipe in parts and % for the mathematicians.

CL CLONE

3 parts 2.3% COCONUT FA

i have to say this recipe belongs to the many contributions/comments made by members and is now here for anyone to enjoy. my diy experience and knowledge are greatly improved as a result. i now know my cardamon from my marzipam and have a great source for supplies. anyone curious about heating a finished juice should take a look at mike petro's blog on the degradation of nicotine using a crock pot. while it still needs more testing, the initial results are enough for me to not go there. i find a kayfun heats the liquid enough in the tank to improve flavor with no loss of nic. my uc provides some warmth from molecular friction. i see no need to uc finished juice more than three 8 min. cycles. some tobacco enthusiasts will uc many cycles for days. once is probably enough. welcome to the forum, the house of subjectivity.

headinclouds recipe led me to FA and another great ADV. marzipam and oakwood could possibly find their way into cl clone. amanda and others led me away from AP and additional coconut. curly sent me to bull city and suggested capellas for a better coconut which is excellent but FA won the aroma contest. i did get an awesome vanilla and their toasted almond is a winner. finally, phoneguy started the thread and sparked my interest. happy vaping, thank you forum

manzinny are you feeling lucky? flowerpots thank you too!

Thanks for the shout out, didn't feel like I did much, but it's appreciated none the less. I was thinking I'd get a new mech, as I only have a bolt (semi-mech) and a 18350 silverdog (hybrid, no 510). But I recently got some FA flavors and I really enjoy them, so I'll have to get the few flavors I'm missing for the finished clone.
What did you like about FA coconut over Cap coconut? Just curious if I should reorder Cap or try FA...

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
I almost bought all the flavors during bullcity fourth of july sale, and didn't only because they were out of AP. Now you have simplified the formula and removed the AP ! Yeah, i'm gonna order all needed supplies tomorrow i think. Do you like the revised formula better ? What was the role of AP in the original formula ?

Thanks for doing all the leg work btw !!

the AP helped bring toasted flavor but muddied the other flavors. CL hits me with an extra toasted almond flavor off the bat. clone won't get there with less than double flavoring. CL scorches easily. i think it is due to high flavor concentration. i like the revised much better. to be honest, i might like using two coconuts and two almonds fractionally better. for coconut 2 parts FA, 1 part capella. for almond 2 parts capella, 1 part TFA. this is all subjective and unnecessary. certainly doesn't simplify. they are so closely simular yet bring differing qualities to the table. i chose the one i thought was best to represent the flavor category. the vanilla flavor was greatly enhanced by capella's simply vanilla and FW mv. allowed me to drop vanilla bourbon and TFA vanillin. FW madagascar vanilla was the only representation of that flavor that wasn't van. bourbon from other vendors. i have three bourbons but TFA was best. i am calling the recipe done for my taste as it stands. i made a 30ml batch of flavor base the same as posted. i made a 30ml bottle of juice out of that so i have 3ml of room to play with my base if i want more almond, coconut, bourbon whatever. i still have about 1.5ml left in the kayfun i vaped last night and to compare with the simpler version i made today. hard to do. tomorrow the playing field will be level and i will know better. i have been cooking at 15 watts to see if it will scorch and so far none. the new juice tastes fresh not so much different in comparison. i am not really wanting more of anything out of it. make the recipe....winner winner cl clone dinner. take my example above. it will make 300ml of juice at 10% or as little at a time as you want.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
the AP helped bring toasted flavor but muddied the other flavors. CL hits me with an extra toasted almond flavor off the bat. clone won't get there with less than double flavoring. CL scorches easily. i think it is due to high flavor concentration. i like the revised much better. to be honest, i might like using two coconuts and two almonds fractionally better. for coconut 2 parts FA, 1 part capella. for almond 2 parts capella, 1 part TFA. this is all subjective and unnecessary. certainly doesn't simplify. they are so closely simular yet bring differing qualities to the table. i chose the one i thought was best to represent the flavor category. the vanilla flavor was greatly enhanced by capella's simply vanilla and FW mv. allowed me to drop vanilla bourbon and TFA vanillin. FW madagascar vanilla was the only representation of that flavor that wasn't van. bourbon from other vendors. i have three bourbons but TFA was best. i am calling the recipe done for my taste as it stands. i made a 30ml batch of flavor base the same as posted. i made a 30ml bottle of juice out of that so i have 3ml of room to play with my base if i want more almond, coconut, bourbon whatever. i still have about 1.5ml left in the kayfun i vaped last night and to compare with the simpler version i made today. hard to do. tomorrow the playing field will be level and i will know better. i have been cooking at 15 watts to see if it will scorch and so far none. the new juice tastes fresh not so much different in comparison. i am not really wanting more of anything out of it. make the recipe....winner winner cl clone dinner. take my example above. it will make 300ml of juice at 10% or as little at a time as you want.

ty, will follow your revised formula ... thinking of ordering some FA oak wood as well. will add drops at a time to be on the safe side.

will have 140 ml of pg/vg/nic left over. planning a chocolate/coconut/almond juice as well. do you have a flavor recommendation for chocolate ?

jonhall2

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
cashiers, nc
mazinny, i have not had a chance to make any chocolate recipes yet. i have milk choc, white choc, double choc dark and clear from TFA. i typically like sweeter milk choc candy. dark is a little bitter for my taste but could be sweetened. maybe with some caramel. that is just me. i haven't bought a candy bar for so long i can't remember which one has coconut and almond. almond joy, zagnut? really depends on your taste.

i also thought of using some FA oak wood in clone. i have TFA red oak made into juice and just tried some with clone in a dripper. not bad, pretty good actually. i have a mental thing about red oak in general. red spanish oak grows abundant in my area and has kept me warm for many winters. the problem is we refer to red oak here as piss oak. man does it stink. i much prefer locust for firewood. we used to live in a house with a glassed in porch. would hold a couple cords and take a month or more for that smell to become bearable. i was very happy to get FA oak wood for HICs recipe and haven't made a solo juice out of it yet to compare. TFA red oak doesn't smell like a urinal so i really need to try them both.

get some syringes when you order. they are cheap. 1mls for small amounts. 3mls are good to draw up enough flavor base or nic to make a 30ml bottle. i dedicate one to nic, one for tobaccos, one flavors etc. a big 30ml for measuring pg/vg with a 14 ga needle. vg is hard to pull up still. 16 or 18ga is fine for smaller syringes and flavors or pg. pick up some distilled water to rinse out. i only wear gloves when handling my 100mg nic. once it is distributed, i stow the syringe with needle in a small ziplock bag.. bag the bottle of nic and put both bags in another freezer ziplock. put it away and the gloves come off. put gloves on before grabbing the bag again. we will make a diyer out of you yet.
here is a list to help you get started. syringes: two 1ml, five 3ml, one 30ml. needles: two 14ga, six 18ga. get some distilled water at the grocery. wash any glassware you are going to use, unless new, with hot water and final rinse with distilled three times and let dry. that should actually be done to your devices as well but i am as guilty as the next in a hurry and usually just make sure they are thoroughly dry
before reassembly. you don't want tap water getting into juice. pm me if you need.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
I'm really behind on this thread. Need to do some reading...

In another thread where the OP was aging juice in a oak barrel, it was mentioned that oak chips, like for a smoker, might give the same results without buying a small oak barrel, which if I remember soaks up about 25% off the juice. It was also suggested to try the oak flavorings which you guys are already on to.

Just thought I'd chime in with that....carry on :D

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
I'm really behind on this thread. Need to do some reading...

In another thread where the OP was aging juice in a oak barrel, it was mentioned that oak chips, like for a smoker, might give the same results without buying a small oak barrel, which if I remember soaks up about 25% off the juice. It was also suggested to try the oak flavorings which you guys are already on to.

Just thought I'd chime in with that....carry on :D

I too read something about someone using different kinds of wood chips in the juice to mimic the barrel.

CurlyxCracker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2014
Williamsport, PA
jonhall2 said:
CL CLONE

3 parts 2.3% COCONUT FA

This is the final version of this clone. As far as ratio, 50/50 works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread