CE2 cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

mister kil

ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2010
tacoma wa
heres my question, the more your juice gunks up on the coil, is that a sign that your juice isnt that great, meaning its not as clean as juice should bem the more additives and sugars and flavorings the less pure a juice is , isnt it? the more it gunks up the less clean the juice is right??, i dont know im actually asking.

I believe that is Caramelization from sugars and oils in some of the juices.

v1John

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2010
va
Well that would make an interesting video, or actually pics of new coils after testing...

A-pure glycering vaped,
B-pure pg vaped,
C-pure peg vaped,

D-vg with low flavoring
E-pg with low flavoring
F-peg with low flavoring

and G,H,I- 3 with strong flavoring

then comparing the results of the pics of the 9 carto coils after they've been used
(cartos A, B, and C, have no nicotine, no flavor, nothing)

Last edited:

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
Well that would make an interesting video, or actually pics of new coils after testing...

A-pure glycering vaped,
B-pure pg vaped,
C-pure peg vaped,

D-vg with low flavoring
E-pg with low flavoring
F-peg with low flavoring

and G,H,I- 3 with strong flavoring

then comparing the results of the pics of the 9 carto coils after they've been used
(cartos A, B, and C, have no nicotine, no flavor, nothing)

It will be interesting if you make all those tests and take pictures for us to see. Go John, go!

btngchck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2010
Gibraltar, MI
Ok, I'm not sure if I got extremely lucky or what, but I love my ce2's. I've been using the same two cartos (my 2 all day vapes) for two weeks now. I've cleaned them in isp alcohol and have not had a prob. I use the the syringe and put the alcohol in as I would the juice, then let them soak for about 5 min in alcohol. I take them out, shake them a little bit, take the syringe and suck the alcohol out of the reservoirs, squirt some alcohol down the center and let it run out. Blow threw and let set overnight. Do a very very short dry burn, fill and go. I've done this about 4 times now with no probs.

I notice when the juice starts to get really warm (after about 5 hours of vaping) I top it off with about 4ccs, I start with 6 ccs of juice.

irwink

CASAA Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2010
Norfolk, Virginia, USA

Tim the Enchanter

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2010
Kettering, OH (Dayton suburb)
here is the new r4 package with afl on the side and proper ohms

what.gif

First, I'm a
n00b.gif
so take these comments with a grain of salt.

It seems to me we aren't all talking about the same cartos here. I just ordered my KR808D-1 XL Mega CE2, Royal Smokers, blank cartos from COV on 10-12-10, and received them on 10-14-10. On the box it reads that they were produced on August 16, 2010. Their ohms are not indicated, but they measure 2.5Ω ±0.1 on my VOM. For the cartos I have:

• There is NO filler paper in the package like in your pic, badkolo. NONE. Nada!
• There is no way to remove the filler ring from the carto without most likely destroying it.
noway.gif

I see you guys talking about removing the filler ring, so those MUST be earlier, or later, models/prototypes/versions or something. The top ring comes out OK. The second, silicone ring, which acts to block the filler holes on the third ring, comes out OK. The third ring, with the filler holes in it, will NOT budge! I've actually put a tear from the center hole to the edge of a silicone filler ring trying to get it out by just pulling on it with a paperclip that had a ~3mm, 90º bend in the end of it. (NOTE: This is true for those blank XL cartos I got from COV, and also for some normal length, prefilled, CE2, ceramic cartos I received with an RS808D-1 starter kit from Vapor Junction.)​

JMHO, but that second item makes it tougher than hell to get the liquid out of the prefilled cartos so that they can be filled with a nicer, or more preferable juice while avoiding a left over taste of the prefilled juice.

Anyway, things just don't add up to me when I read what people are doing in this thread.
scratch.gif

Tim
Sharing.gif

nickf41680

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2010
new york
I have received cartos with the same production date as well from COV the filler ring does come out... I wouldn't use a paper clip as they tend to bend a little the easiest way to do it is to use a VERY thin screwdriver and pry upward.. Try to pry just on top of the coil and wedge the screwdriver against the side of the tube where the slits in the cup are... It's really not as difficult as it sounds... Once u get the hang of it its pretty easy... Hope this helps

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
so far I have tried boiling, isporol alcohol, pga, peroxide and vinager. vinager works best for me. I also dry burn after. I always rinse very well after. I forgot to rinse once after using isporol and it was nasty and a waste of juice cause I had to rinse it all out. I'm thinking about trying the dishwasher.

you do have to remove all the plugs to make sure your actually getting the liquid chamber clean and rinsed properly. I just put them back in upside down or I use a lower plug from a reg carto. if you have the kind that has a lip in them they are easier to get in and out and fit perfectly around the cup.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
what.gif

First, I'm a
n00b.gif

It seems to me we aren't all talking about the same cartos here. I just ordered my KR808D-1 XL Mega CE2, Royal Smokers, blank cartos from COV on 10-12-10, and received them on 10-14-10. On the box it reads that they were produced on August 16, 2010. Their ohms are not indicated, but they measure 2.5Ω ±0.1 on my VOM. For the cartos I have:

• There is NO filler paper in the package like in your pic, badkolo. NONE. Nada!
• There is no way to remove the filler ring from the carto without most likely destroying it.
noway.gif

I see you guys talking about removing the filler ring, so those MUST be earlier, or later, models/prototypes/versions or something. The top ring comes out OK. The second, silicone ring, which acts to block the filler holes on the third ring, comes out OK. The third ring, with the filler holes in it, will NOT budge! I've actually put a tear from the center hole to the edge of a silicone filler ring trying to get it out by just pulling on it with a paperclip that had a ~3mm, 90º bend in the end of it. (NOTE: This is true for those blank XL cartos I got from COV, and also for some normal length, prefilled, CE2, ceramic cartos I received with an RS808D-1 starter kit from Vapor Junction.)​

JMHO, but that second item makes it tougher than hell to get the liquid out of the prefilled cartos so that they can be filled with a nicer, or more preferable juice while avoiding a left over taste of the prefilled juice.

Anyway, things just don't add up to me when I read what people are doing in this thread.
scratch.gif

Tim
Sharing.gif

Tim,
You can remove the very inner seal. Not easy to do at first but once you get the hang of it, it will come right out. A little tough on the first try but once it's removed, it's easy to get out later. I use a precision screwdriver (one of the tiny ones) to get mine out. Just becareful not to hit the coil or you'll kill it.

nicotime

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2009
Montoursville, PA
what.gif

First, I'm a
n00b.gif

noway.gif

scratch.gif

Tim
Sharing.gif

You need to put a little PG or juice in on top the filler plug and take your tool and go around the edges of the plug and metal tube. Sometimes it bonds a little to the tube especially when you get them with no primer or juice. Work it up by pulling up a little on two sides of the plug.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I posted this on the main r4 thread:

I've been using Vodka w/ good results but after hearing this distilled white vinegar talk I tried it. Left one soaking overnight and dry burned it. While it worked I'm not seeing the advantage over Vodka/PGA. Also, the wicks weren't as clean looking as when I use Vodka.

My verdict- I'll stick w/ Vodka. It evaporates quickly and doesn't stink or attract fruit flies...lol

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
use both, that's what i do, the Vodka gets the juice out, then let them stay in the vinegar a long time. tried 3 days and a lot of the black gunk was etched off by the acid, going a week on this batch, change the vinegar every day

Have you done a cost/time/taste analysis on the batch, compared to new ones. (I'm not trying to be funny,) as I am a light vapor compared to most I can't rationalize putting that much effort into keeping them going, rather than - say - buying in bulk?

Of course that would assuming one could afford the initial outlay. Analogs here in Oz are $17.50 for a 25 pack now, so anything has got to be better than that.

It may not work out much different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread