CE2 R4 leaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
Seems like the R4's still leak similar to the R3's. I often get a mouthful of hot juice, or it performs bad until I blow the excess juice out through both ends.

I don't use a Syringe to refill, but I always ensure the clear inner ring/cap is snug and aligned properly. I checked a bad leaking one just now and the ring looks perfectly placed.

I use 70%:30% PG:VG so its not that the juice is too watery. Even the thicker juices leak.

Anyone else have the same issue?

haft2doit

ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2010
erie, PA
Does this happen when you have recently filled? I am still using my r3 or 3.5 and they don't leak unless I overfill. I don't even have the fill ring in just the top one. I did have one that the stem started leaking at the bottom where it connects to the threads. Maybe it is leaking at the bottom and you are sucking that through. Strange.

K24A3

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2010
Aus
I dont think overfilling is the issue. I always fill up to just under the cup (usually a bit lower), and carto's half full have leaked.

As for the ring, thats a good point. All mine have the middle ring removed.
With R3, they performed better without the middle ring. Maybe the R4's perform better with the middle ring?

Mine tend to leak around the coil rather than the stem.
If they leak at the stem, that means the pole has shifted downwards. But I always poke the stem back up with a Pen if that happens.

How do you refill? By removing the inner ring and filling straight from the bottle? Or via a syringe?

arjay55

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2010
- ɹəpun uʍop -
K24A3, you use 808's don't you?

I have the 510XL's (2.8 to 3.0 ohm) and have no leaking so far on about 7 or 8 I've tried. I use the proper filler ring (only) that the middle has been cut with a 5mm hole punch. (pics elsewhere). It only just covers the ceramic cup, but it makes it really much easier to fit the ring back into place. Seems more flexible. Oh, and a drip tip too (but I like a cooler vape).

I prefer to fill with a syringe with the filler ring removed most of the time. Sometimes I'll poke (screw) the 20 gauge needle through the filler ring's hole if I'm in a hurry.

Have no idea why yours is leaking though. It' not condensation build up is it. Some juices seem to produce more at certain temperatures. Noticed that with my syringe mod.

Last edited:

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
Have no idea why yours is leaking though. It' not condensation build up is it. Some juices seem to produce more at certain temperatures. Noticed that with my syringe mod.

Bingo, me too, that's what's cool about the syringe mod, you can see what's going on.

I use to think juicing was from overfilling. While it can be, I noticed the condensation buildup on my syringe too. I left more space then a stock CE2 on the top which increases it. After it built up it would juice me and eventually travel down the air flow tube and out the batt end.

To test the mod itself, I swabbed out the condensation, refilled and left on a paper towel overnight. Dry as a whistle.

Turbo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2009
Southeast/USA
I only use the top ring. I throw out the one with the fill holes, and because mine are still R3 I use the ptb mod. Fill with syringe mostly. Don't r4's come with the backing material to put next to the cup like ptb? That should stop any leaking.

Yes, they do. I'm trying a 'juicer' now w/ the material they supply for the hell of it. It does work but the flavor is much better w/ PTB.

I cut the square in half, quartered and quartered again and put in two pieces (one next to each slot). Filler ring out and middle ring flat side down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread