Chain vaping on a Subohm tank vs Dripper....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julio_90

Mar 16, 2017
Hello

I use to be a heavy smoker for 5 years, and now that I switched to vaping 7 months ago I find myself chain vaping which is very hard for me to control...

as a result of chain vaping High VG Juices on drippers using dual coils that usually read 0.16 ohms.....this is causing me a lot of discomfort, Shortness of breath and tightness in the chest...pretty sure its the high VG that's causing all of this.

so I thought It would be a good idea to get 50vg/50pg juices and vape on the same setup with a dripper. But the issue is 50/50 juices aren't popular where I live and are almost impossible to get, Not to mention that ordering online isn't an option. So I had an idea, using the same 70vg/30pg juices I've always used....but on a subohm tank, thinking about the uwell crown 3.

So the question is, do you guys think that vaping on a subohm tank decreases the intensity of vapor compared to an RDA? in other words, could chain vaping a subohm tank be a better alternative than an RDA in terms of all the lung irritation and breathlessness caused by chain vaping an RDA?

and if u guys have any other tips or thoughts about this I'll be thankful.

Thank you

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
Wanna vape less? Increase your nicotine level.

Cheers
I
At one time I was dripping 18mg but only hit a couple times a hour. I make my own eliquid, but like you I was a hvy smoker. The only thing got me totally off cigarettes was a dripper and 18mg. After I made the switch I reduced it down to a 6mg, but when I catch myself chain vaping I bump it up a little. I think you are right heavy use of PG or VG can cause problems

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Kind of agree on the increase of nic. Sub ohm, DL must be successful because many are doing it,( personally never got into it). But to do this type of vaping you are inhaling much much more vapor and imo taxing the coils limits because of the chain vaping. Most chain vape these set ups because of the low amounts of nic and get enamored by the visual sight of clouds. Not sure if upping nic might work though if your DL inhaling because I hear it's quit harsh, but maybe having another set up, like a mtl tank with higher nic could? You could still use your current set up, but maybe if you vape a bit on the mtl set up, you wouldn't chain as much on your sub set up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
With me I switch off and on using different tanks/coils/resistance and different flavors all with 3mg nic. Depending on the flavor seems to be a factor with how much I vape. I will start out with a TFV8 Q4 .15 with my Liquid Nitrogen then switch to my Perseus RDTA, Ijoy 5 RDTA, or Combo RDTA with dual .20 coils and Orange Creamsicle, then to the Starre Pure .25 or Scylla .25 with BLVK Unicorn Frozen Apple. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada
So the question is, do you guys think that vaping on a subohm tank decreases the intensity of vapor compared to an RDA? in other words, could chain vaping a subohm tank be a better alternative than an RDA in terms of all the lung irritation and breathlessness caused by chain vaping an RDA?

I have a few drippers but never use them. I don't like the mess they make if you overfill them nor do I like carrying a bottle of juice around. Once you find that perfect build in a tank using a dripper isn't necessary. I've been building for several years and right from my first rebuild of clearos to protanks to kayfuns and now subtanks IMO I was able to produce a quality vape that rivals any dripper so the mess isn't needed.
The few times I have put a build into a dripper its a mental thing to take the biggest hit possible with every vape. I learned to just mouth the large hits and take a more reasonable hit if your going to inhale. I vape 9nic in a subtank with low ohm multiwire builds with no problems, now that I'm getting into stainless and TC I will lower my nic to 6 or 7 but still keep the 9 to keep me sane at work.
I can see lung irritation with a dripper cause you could be inhaling hot juice mist from spitting coil, heat from the coil and also unvaporized juice depending on how hard you pull.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
The first question is, why must you stick with low sub-ohms?

You can get a fine vape with 0.3 to 0.9 easily.. what metal wire are you using?, etc.

You might find some better approaches maybe if you used temp. control instead.

You could try and put a couple of drops of water (distilled, and just 1-3 drop at the most) in a small bottle to mix with your liquid and see if that might help.

Check with your local pharmacy, they may be able to order some PG for you, which you'd just have to add a tiny bit at a time until you find a good range... note that you might be "watering" down the flavour a tiny bit, but as PG is the flavour carrier, it you were to only had 1/5 of a bottle to your liquid, it shouldn't be that noticeable, but the nicotine level would be a bit lower due to this, but the throat hit would be increased so you might not even notice.

Imfallen_Angel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
Ottawa area, Canada
Other steps (ideas), if you're using a dual coil, switch to a single. If you're doing pressed coils, do spaced coils.

As far as switching to a tank (RTA) instead, this would have more to do with the tank you'd get as some RTAs will push just as well as a RDA. What it comes down, is lowering the amount of vapour production enough without losing on the experience, would be my guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread