Chain vaping vs. binge vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
I go through attys at an incredible rate, and I always thought it was because I chain vape (I chain smoked, so no big difference there.)

After thinking about it and some doing careful watching of my habits, maybe the problem is more "binge" vaping than chain vaping. That is, I tend to hold my e-cig in my mouth and go through several (five or six) inhale/exhale cycles before putting it down and taking a breath of actual air. (Think of it as gulping down a soda or beer.) When I finish the binge, the outside of the atty is almost too hot to touch.

What do you think? Could this be why I kill attys so fast? (Could it also be why I go through batteries very fast?)

Right now, I'm experimenting with a)not binging as much and b) keeping three e-cigs in constant rotation.

PS: I also did the same with cigarettes, so I don't think it has much to do with nicotine content... frankly, I don't notice any difference between 36mg and 12 mg.

Just looking for ideas.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
I'd love to hear more about the results of your experiment. My vaping habits are very much like yours with the same results in attys. I don't kill the atty but I change it out as soon as I notice any loss in vapor. I need to have that "new atty" experience all the time to feel satisfied. So when the vapor starts to fall off even a little bit, I change the atty. I prefer LR 306 attys. But I don't get near the life out of an atty as many here do. I've always assumed and believe that it is because I demand a lot out of it. I both chain and binge vape. I've recently started taking several 3 second vapes at a time instead of two or three 6 to 7 second vapes. I think the atty's are lasting longer. They still end up being plenty hot though. I haven't recorded any of my observations but I think I will now. Thanks for posting on this subject. I hope to hear from a lot more folks with the same atty demanding vaping habits.
I'd also like to say that I didn't have much success in cleaning attys when I started vaping about a year and a half ago, so I don't clean them now. I might try it again because I think some attys are better than they were then. I started with regular DSE 801 and now use Cisco LR 306's. I recently tried a few LR 306's from a few other vendors and they don't compare to a Cisco. Not by a long shot.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
No doubt in my mind you've found the reason you go through so many atties so quickly. I chain vape a lot, but I take those few seconds between hiting the button so my atty has a chance to cool down a bit before heating up again and my attys last a long time. By even slightly changing your technique you may increase the life of your atties by quite a bit. Good Luck.

TNT

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2009
York, PA
Sure, I'll keep you informed.

I should mention that my bingeing seems related to a world class case of ADHD. Long story how it all works, but in order for me to concentrate on a task, I have to be doing something else at the same time... and the more I concentrate, the more I binge on the other thing. And that binge can be pretty much anything. If I'm chewing a piece of gum, if I'm concentrating on another task, I find myself chewing like it's an Olympic event. Same with drinking... when I'm on a project, I'll kill a gallon of ice tea in a few hours. At work, people can tell how involved I am in a project by the number of paper clips I bend up... If my entire desk is filled with moden paper clip sculptures by lunch, people know I'm really into my project.

Oh, and I haven't really been vaping for two years. Tried it for a few weeks in 2009, then didn't restart until January of this year.

PS: LR atties and I don't get along at all... I've bought four really good ones from two makers, and none lasted a full day.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
PS: LR atties and I don't get along at all... I've bought four really good ones from two makers, and none lasted a full day.

Wow really? I pretty sure which 2 top LR attys your speaking about and in rotation they last me 3 months. That said I dont chain vape too much tho I been known to get on a roll. :) Seriously...no disrespect but just put it DOWN between hits. When constently holding my REO I tend to take hit after hit. After a while my throat will get sore as it did when smoking.

Tracey1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
Tampa, Fl
Sure, I'll keep you informed.

I should mention that my bingeing seems related to a world class case of ADHD. Long story how it all works, but in order for me to concentrate on a task, I have to be doing something else at the same time... and the more I concentrate, the more I binge on the other thing. And that binge can be pretty much anything. If I'm chewing a piece of gum, if I'm concentrating on another task, I find myself chewing like it's an Olympic event. Same with drinking... when I'm on a project, I'll kill a gallon of ice tea in a few hours. At work, people can tell how involved I am in a project by the number of paper clips I bend up... If my entire desk is filled with moden paper clip sculptures by lunch, people know I'm really into my project.

Oh, and I haven't really been vaping for two years. Tried it for a few weeks in 2009, then didn't restart until January of this year.

What kind of equipment/gear are you using? You mentioned short battery life and short atty life. Are you using a mod or regular batts? Do you drip or use a cart with your atty? Either way, with an atty, you would have to drip CONSTANTLY to keep it wet enough. A cart would never be able to wick enough keep the atty as wet as it needs to be to keep up with the amount of vaping you do. How much liquid do you use in a day? Lots of questions I know, but it will help figure out what's going on in your particular situation.

Stownz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2010
Guthrie, OK
Liquid cooling. Never let your equipment hold you back 8)

Picture38.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread