Diketones will destroy vaping before they destroys your lungs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
Testing Times for Eliquid | Planet of the Vapes

I am sitting here in disbelief. So many juices contain large levels of diketones, including very popular venders right here on ECF which everyone praises with religious fervor. The cat is out of the bag, big time. E-juice HAS IN IT chemicals that have been proven to damage the lungs, yet all I see are excuses from people as to why its still being sold. I have one last batch of diketone loaded e-juice coming in the mail, and I ordered before I really understood just how much diketones I was getting. After that, I buy proven diketone free juice only and hopefully I can quit, for other reasons, before then. AP might as well be diacetyl based on what I am gathering, and at levels of 400 ppm and over, AP is added ON PURPOSE for flavor to sweet juices. This doesn't deserve outrage? No one is ...... off? Just me?
People have all the reason they need right here to ban the hell out of anything vaping related. E-juice contains chemicals proven to destroy lung tissue, and many vendors keep selling their juice, because they are making mountains of money peddling sweet flavored poison to the masses, and their customers just keep kissing their arses as if its all good. Kind of makes me sick.
I'll add, I am CERTAIN these vendors have lawyered up a long time ago, just waiting for the day that they start getting sued to death by sub ohm cloud chasers will irreparable lung damage. They ask their lawyers how to cover their arses. They are told what to disclose while maximizing profits. Sickening.

Last edited:
Reactions: gjam

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
False: "E-juice contains chemicals proven to destroy lung tissue,"

If your statement was written as, "Some e-juice contains chemicals proven to destroy lung tissue," then it would be true.

And...it's your choice to vape their juice just as much as it is everyone else's choice to vape or not vape your juice. Vaping is in its infancy. There's no empirical studies out there to give any conclusive statements.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2014
Whittier, CA, USA
False: "E-juice contains chemicals proven to destroy lung tissue,"

If your statement was written as, "Some e-juice contains chemicals proven to destroy lung tissue," then it would be true.

And...it's your choice to vape their juice just as much as it is everyone else's choice to vape or not vape your juice. Vaping is in its infancy. There's no empirical studies out there to give any conclusive statements.

Stop it with the word games. Its not helping anyone. Vendors continue to sell it UNTIL it is regulated away from their ability to do so. People will use it as a reason to ban vaping. You think the public will spare vaping from the ban hammer just because "some" e-juice doesn't have these chemicals?

ThePulver

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2015
San Diego

I am sitting here in disbelief. So many juices contain large levels of diketones, including very popular venders right here on ECF which everyone praises with religious fervor. The cat is out of the bag, big time. E-juice HAS IN IT chemicals that have been proven to damage the lungs, yet all I see are excuses from people as to why its still being sold. I have one last batch of diketone loaded e-juice coming in the mail, and I ordered before I really understood just how much diketones I was getting. After that, I buy proven diketone free juice only and hopefully I can quit, for other reasons, before then. AP might as well be diacetyl based on what I am gathering, and at levels of 400 ppm and over, AP is added ON PURPOSE for flavor to sweet juices. This doesn't deserve outrage? No one is ...... off? Just me?
People have all the reason they need right here to ban the hell out of anything vaping related. E-juice contains chemicals proven to destroy lung tissue, and many vendors keep selling their juice, because they are making mountains of money peddling sweet flavored poison to the masses, and their customers just keep kissing their arses as if its all good. Kind of makes me sick.
I'll add, I am CERTAIN these vendors have lawyered up a long time ago, just waiting for the day that they start getting sued to death by sub ohm cloud chasers will irreparable lung damage. They ask their lawyers how to cover their arses. They are told what to disclose while maximizing profits. Sickening.

TLDR: The cat is out of the bag because I finally did some research! I still have more diketone juice to vape but after that I'm done! MORE YELLING! ALSO LAWYERS ARE EVIL!

Take it easy bruh. Maybe next time try to have a discussion instead of just screaming into the abyss..

Koolkiz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
United States
I have been reading this forum since 2009. Yes, we all know about diketones and what not.However, there are plenty of vendors/flavoring manufacturers that sell diketone free eliquids. Most flavoring vendors list the baddies (diketones) that may be included in the flavors.

Disclosure can be obtained.

I think I have more risk of lung damage driving thru Chicago toll roads during construction with all the fumes.

Whatever one chooses it is a choice. :)

P.S. I don't get the super sub-ohm group. However, free will and choice is a right for them. I'm in no position to sway my thoughts on others.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I have one last batch of diketone loaded e-juice coming in the mail, and I ordered before I really understood just how much diketones I was getting. After that, I buy proven diketone free juice
    Are you going to vape it, after everything you have just discovered?........

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
    I have been reading this forum since 2009. Yes, we all know about diketones and what not.However, there are plenty of vendors/flavoring manufacturers that sell diketone free eliquids. Most flavoring vendors list the baddies (diketones) that may be included in the flavors.

Disclosure can be obtained.

I think I have more risk of lung damage driving thru Chicago toll roads during construction with all the fumes.

Whatever one chooses it is a choice. :)

P.S. I don't get the super sub-ohm group. However, free will and choice is a right for them. I'm in no position to sway my thoughts on others.

Actually there is a ton of vapors, especially newbies who know nothing about it , you would be very surprised .

herb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 21, 2014
    Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.

Yes, you are correct , the overwhelming majority of e juice companies juices are loaded with the bad stuff but many people have an excuse to not care .

They have every right to do as they wish , their excuse doesn't make sense to me because to me there are plenty of juices that do not contain the troublesome stuff and i would much prefer to vape clean juice if available.

Most like to say " well , cigarettes had lots more of the nasties so this is better" which is mostly accurate but even the famous "five pawns" had some of their juices that exceeded real cigs so it's a good idea to do your research because health consequences catch up to you in the end.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2014
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Are you going to vape it, after everything you have just discovered?........

I don't think I can bring myself to vape it. Its going to be $100 down the damn drain because I don't want to give it to anyone else either. Some of the levels in this vendors juice are INSANE. In the thousands of parts per million. Way the hell up there. One juice I bought has over 600 and another is over 100 and the other is unknown. No testing done on it yet, or, not disclosed yet.

Moonbogg

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2014
    Whittier, CA, USA
    Anything over 100 IS FAIL

IS FAIL
    IS FAIL
    IS FAIL

t2pKW65.jpg

If the juice you sell has over 100, YOU FAIL.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Have to agree this is getting old.

Don't want to use juice with diketones? Don't. Plenty of vendors selling diketone free juice. Even *gasp* custards!

Don't want to subohm? Don't. Plenty of attys available that don't use subohm coils, and if you make your own, that's up to you what you put in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread