Not open for further replies.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
I've got a P3 threaded kabuki tank coming from WA state for my Ti ProVari's :) Woot Woot! :D

Congrats, ENAUD! Can't wait to hear your reports on it. And pics, pweeze.

VERY interested, ENAUD (as KD indicates). A couple of questions (premature as they may be):

1. Does it only come in Z & P3 threading? No regular 510? :?:

2. Since it's using Naughty coils, is there really a significant difference from a regular Naughty tank? If so, interest...

We're patient. We'll wait. :|

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
VERY interested, ENAUD (as KD indicates). A couple of questions (premature as they may be):

1. Does it only come in Z & P3 threading? No regular 510? :?:

2. Since it's using Naughty coils, is there really a significant difference from a regular Naughty tank? If so, interest...

We're patient. We'll wait. :|

From me reading around and watching vids, all three connections, Provape only lists P3, and I had some points to use up :)
From an interview with Zen, very long one, I fast forwarded to the good bits, HOH did double blind taste tests, with the test taker, and the administrator of the test, both had no idea of which atomizer was being used. 100% picked the Kabuki. This even surprised, or rather, astonished Zen.

I rarely use my Nautilus, saving it for those times like travel, where I need something to just plug and play. It works very well for that. Usually I run Protanks, RSST, and drippers on my ProVari's. I can re-wick / re-build my PT heads and they last for months. My tobaccy flavored juices are coil killers, so I tend to run un-flavored in the Nautilus for coil longevity. My Kabuki is "out for delivery!" I'll
post pics when it's set up :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Wellll, the Kabuki showed up, beautiful machining, a quick rinse, primed the coil, Screwed it onto my TI ProVari annnnnnnnd.....

OP!!!

Onto the next Ti ProVari....you guessed it OP. I haven't been this disappointed in a very long time. My only hope is that I can return this non functioning atomizer, or find a 510 base for it. I really don't even feel like opening up a ticket right now, I am that upset...

Reactions: DPLongo22

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
OP? What's an OP? OMG, ENAUD, what's the deal? I'm just sitting here SO surprised as I was suspecting that you'd love it. I'm truly disappointed right along with you. :(

Darnit. I had such good hopes for the Kabuki, and like DPL, the Naughties still remain a favored coil. He and I both do ONLY Plug 'n Play set ups, so this coulda/woulda been a lovely upscale change for both of us.

I was a bit excited at Zen's reaction (that you stated, ENAUD), but now, I'm sort of head tilted.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Sorry for the bad news Kat, OP is open post, no connection. The coil was screwed in as tight as it could go, triple checked that, The atomizer was screwed down as tight as possible, it was flush and bottomed out on the mods. For whatever reason, the Kabuki will not make contact with either of my two Ti ProVari's.

I've started a conversation with Blake 360 and opened a ticket. For now, I would recomend the 510 version if you can find one. This has kind of made me loose faith in the whole P3 connection format. Maybe the problem is from Zen's side with whatever tolerances they are working with. Maybe it is on Provapes side with the P3 tolerances. Either way, this was a total failure from my perspective at this point. While screwing the Kabuki onto the mod, I never actually felt any resistance from the center pin making contact, the pin never even touches the post.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
SERIOUSLY bummed for you, ENAUD. The disappointment is palpable. And very much understandable. :(
Thanks DP, I'll let Y'all know how Provape responds and handles this...
Now I seriously gotta find who's selling the 510 version of this tank now...

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Thanks DP, I'll let Y'all know how Provape responds and handles this...
Now I seriously gotta find who's selling the 510 version of this tank now...

Methinks we'll be on the hunt later too. If we find it, we'll share. I definitely want a 510 though, being how I've got just one P3 threaded device, but "more than one" 510's. :laugh:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Methinks we'll be on the hunt later too. If we find it, we'll share. I definitely want a 510 though, being how I've got just one P3 threaded device, but "more than one" 510's. :laugh:
Yeah, I hear dat! Me with 8 510's and only 2 P3 threads. I sure do love my V2-V2.5 Prothingys :D

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Yeah, I hear dat! Me with 8 510's and only 2 P3 threads. I sure do love my V2-V2.5 Prothingys :D

(Since she's not here right now)
"Welp, yeppers!" ;)

How much juice does that thing hold? I'm still smartin' at the price tag, if I must be totally honest. Does it at least make coffee or something?*

* With a distinct preference towards, "or something."

Reactions: Katdarling

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
(Since she's not here right now)
"Welp, yeppers!" ;)

How much juice does that thing hold? I'm still smartin' at the price tag, if I must be totally honest. Does it at least make coffee or something?*

* With a distinct preference towards, "or something."
I just filled it to the top twice, and drew out the H2O and get 2.8ml on my 5ml syringe.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
I'm OK with the capacity, it would be easy to refill on the fly with some nice slender 5ml bottles that I have. I am very impressed with the quality of the threads and that it doesn't have the typical sulfur cutting oil residue of so many Chinese atties. The airflow ( I tested it without firing) is very adjustable with a wide range. I want to like this attie, but it has to be able to fire to do so :rolleyes::nah:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread