DIY was never so easy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimmer02

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
Leander,TX,USA
Alright, here we go, got my 12 mg base and a bunch of flavors. So far I'm mixing 10 ml test batches. They haven't steeped yet, so taste impression is a premature initial test. I'm looking for feedback from others about flavor mixes and steeping times, and other ideas!

8 ml base
1.5 banana
.25 caramel
.25 honey
Definitely taste the caramel, not too banana yet. (Unsteeped)

8 ml base
1.5 peach
.25 mint
.25 menthol
I think this one is gonna be good.

8 ml base
.75 cherry
.75 lime
Tastes pretty good right off the bat, still gonna let it steep though.

Last edited:

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oh poo I missed the blitz sale oh well I'm getting ready to put my very first order in for some shake-n-vape (seriously coin that phrase lol) of been looking to get into diy but it seems a bit much for me this sounds perfect for what I want...
Anywhos noticed there is a coupon code box wondering if u have any running at the moment if not no worries as the price seems unbeatable

Powered by Area Rom Centura 1.3

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hey Juffa, you may want to hold off. I will have a discount code out there tmrw :p

Shhh top secret!

Oh cool thanks just updated my cart with shipping quote. Was getting ready to checkout
+1on the juffalo reference lol

Powered by Area Rom Centura 1.3

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Ok so I'm not that bright: saw this thread and considering trying DIY. I just went and looked at what I think is the site- killer juice
Are the 5 dollar 30 ml. Bottles? Ummm how does that work- is that enough flavor for a 30 ml bottle and an empty bottle; then I have to but base?

I'm sorry if this sounds odd to
Some of you but I've only ordered juice once online; I normally go into a store and pay more money than its worth and leave. Lol
I'm looking to try a less expensive route fore juice.
And just kind of lost with the way this works at the website.

Renegayde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
Belleville Illinois
on the KJ site you would go to the DIY/Flavorings section.....there you order a 110ml bottle of base in your nic choice in the base section.....then go to the flavoring section and order your flavorings.......it takes approx 2 bottles of flavoring per bottle of base but that is up to your taste you may want to use just 1 or you may want to use 3.....hope this helps

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
on the KJ site you would go to the DIY/Flavorings section.....there you order a 110ml bottle of base in your nic choice in the base section.....then go to the flavoring section and order your flavorings.......it takes approx 2 bottles of flavoring per bottle of base but that is up to your taste you may want to use just 1 or you may want to use 3.....hope this helps

Not to be repetitive but of I don't I won't understand.

So I order 110 ml of base-ph/vg and nic in 1 bottle - so it's just unflavored ejuice?
And 2 -30 ml bottles of whatever flavored I may want to add to the juice?

So when I get it I add the three 30 ml botes of flavor into the 110 ml bottle of juice?

And would you have any particular suggestions?
Kind of jaded on some of the net ordering - I tried my baker last month and had to boil my KFL to her the flavor out.

Renegayde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
Belleville Illinois
the flavorings are $1.39 for a 8ml bottle.....not sure where you are seeing flavorings in 30ml for $5........and yes when you order from the base section that is unflavored pg/vg in your choice of nic level the prices on the base vary by nic level and are mixed at 50vg/50pg unless you request a different base ratio

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
the flavorings are $1.39 for a 8ml bottle.....not sure where you are seeing flavorings in 30ml for $5........and yes when you order from the base section that is unflavored pg/vg in your choice of nic level the prices on the base vary by nic level and are mixed at 50vg/50pg unless you request a different base ratio

Hmm when I looked at flavors it said 4.99
How is the taste in your opinion?

va2y6u8a.jpg

skimmer02

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
Leander,TX,USA
You're on the right track, but don't purchase 30 ml "juice", purchase 2 10 ml "flavorings". They are in the DIY section with the base. You can mix the two flavors into the base and create one large bottle of juice.

OR

You can buy a selection of flavors and a bag of small bottles (also in the DIY section). This is what I did. All you need now is a graduated eye dropper or syringe. I had some droppers from earlier juice purchases. Now mix small batches to test flavors and see what you like! Take a small bottle, measure 8 ml of base into it, and then 1.5 to 2 ml of flavoring into it. That will give you 16% flavoring or 20% flavoring. Go with one flavor or mix and match. I just made a test batch of orange/mint. 8 ml base+1 ml orange+1 ml mint. It needs to steep but hopefully it will be good. I'm making a bunch of test batches, steeping and tasting. When I find some combos I really like, I'll make larger bottles using the same proportions, 20 to 30 ml bottles maybe. I think 20 ml will fit in the 15 ml bottles Walt sent me. I also have all my old juice bottles. I was saving them just for this. Good luck. Post again if you have another question!

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
Oh aaaaaahhhh
I'm so dumb - I found it... Damn

Ok so I get the base and 3 flavoring and combine upon arrival. Got it.

Now would you say the taste is.
In comparison to say
- mt baker all i tastes was Chem but my local stuff isn't a 5pawn but it's pretty good, clean flavor no funky chemical taste at all.

Yeah cool I have plenty of left over bottles I've been horsing and a few droppers- I don't think line have measurement on them but that's an easy buy

skimmer02

ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2014
Leander,TX,USA
Oh aaaaaahhhh

In comparison to say
- mt baker all i tastes was Chem but my local stuff isn't a 5pawn but it's pretty good, clean flavor no funky chemical taste at all.

Yeah cool I have plenty of left over bottles I've been horsing and a few droppers- I don't think line have measurement on them but that's an easy buy

I'm pleased so far, but I'm so new into this all my new juices are still steeping! The couple that have had a week are tasting good! I don't have enough patience.

Renegayde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
Belleville Illinois
Oh aaaaaahhhh

In comparison to say

I would not recommend doing 3 bottles of flavoring right off the bat.....I do not know you tastes but 3 bottles would be really strong flavoring......Walt recommends starting with 1 bottle of flavoring and going from there but I believe 2 bottles of flavoring gets you 16% flavoring

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
I would not recommend doing 3 bottles of flavoring right off the bat.....I do not know you tastes but 3 bottles would be really strong flavoring......Walt recommends starting with 1 bottle of flavoring and going from there but I believe 2 bottles of flavoring gets you 16% flavoring

I was just trying to figure out how to combine. I love mother milk, creams and custards, it's a texture thing. I'm guessing if I can figure out a combination of strawberry, custard and vanilla that equates to 1 bottle of flavor - you know 2oz of one 2 oz of another and 4oz of the third.
That should work in theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread