E-cigs at 7-11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had about a week's worth of experience with the xhaleO2. I live in Bakersfield, CA where they do sell these at 2 of the 7-11's that I know of. My girlfriend comes over one morning with a $20 kit for me and she's already puffing on hers. She's a 20 year, pack and a half a day Marlboro Light smoker and has emotionally exhausted many attempts to quit. After picking up the xhale from 7-11, she is interested in quitting again and hasn't smoked a single cigarette all week. I'm personally shocked and delighted.

I understand those that say the lesser quality of the device won't satisfy people and will turn them off to e-cigs. I disagree and here's my reason why. Most people in the United States have absolutely no clue what an e-cigarette is. Most people who smoke hate the fact that they feel like they're stuck forever because nothing fulfills that craving. Even by just having the xhale in stores, this educates people that these devices actually exist. Now most come to the logical conclusion that if there is one version of this device here, that there's probably all kinds of other devices and information elsewhere that they can find. This leads all these new consumers to the internet, and honestly, it leads them to ECF. It must be recognized that even though brands like SE might be crap, there are plenty of new vaping consumers and ECF contributers every day because people learned these devices existed.

Onto the Xhale... My girlfriend's $20 kit works great to me. I am less experienced, but I know what I enjoy. With hers, the TH is light and smooth, but you certainly feel what you're vaping. The vapor production is a little less than what I see from the penstyle Youtube reviews. I haven't experienced liquids yet, but I've never had a flavored cigarette that matched up to what she purchased. The regular and mint carts were fine and not very strong, but the e-hookah strawberry/blueberry carts were amazingly flavorful (the "e-cig" and "e-hookah" are the exact same thing... I guess they just wanted to market nic and non-nic completely separate... we use e-hookah carts on the e-cig to identical results as the regular).

My personal experience with my kit was a bit worse. After pulling it out and putting the device together, my atomizer busted after 10 minutes of use. The light came on signifying that I was dragging on it, but the atty wasn't getting hot at all. I called xhale from the website and she told me to head to 7-11 and exchange it. Problem is that I don't have a car to get to the 7-11 she bought it from and she wanted to just buy me a new one instead of exchanging it. I figured "ah well, I'll then have two batteries and some extra carts so one will be ready at all times". The new one worked great at first, but over time, using it started to feel like I was sucking a rock through a straw and my vapor production just absolutely tanked. I went through about 7-8 carts thinking they were the problem and I probably wasted a lot of good juice in them, too. I took out the atty, put it in hot water, and dried it out. I put the e-cig back together and through on a new cart. The atty didn't even get hot for the first two drags and then the third drag was the miraculous drag. The "this is the reason I vape" drag. For the next half hour, using the xhale was great. The only thing I noticed was that during each good drag, the atty would make a sizzling kind of sound up to the point it cooled, of course. Everything was good, straight vaping for an hour and the sizzling stopped. The vapor production declined and the "rock through straw" effect got worse. The device hasn't failed on completely yet. I can feel the atty getting nice and hot during each drag, but the results are abysmal. I had just cleaned the atty a few hours ago and I'm attempted to do so again. Am I somehow flooding the atty from the carts that they give me? I do move the device around a lot (like I did my cigs), but I haven't hit it hard on anything at all to break it. Oh well, $20 lessons and hopefully the device will work as a good dripping backup.

Because of the xhale, though, I found ECF and went on a learning binge for a few days. I have $35 Joye 510 kit coming in the mail from Health Cabin with 10ml of their coffee 18mg nic, I think. I also ordered a PCC for it from e-smokeytreats. I'm interested in making my own carts and I need to pickup some filling online somewhere (anyone know any good cheap sites?). I also want to get into trying all these liquids at a decent price, too.

Either way, until my Joye 510 gets here, I'll be using the xhale. I just wish I could figure out what the problem is with mine. I told my girlfriend I was going to steal her batteries and atty till my Joye comes in.

Oh, and I'll give her review seeing as she's the real smoker out of the both of us trying to quit. Her personal feelings is that she really likes the xhale. 1. She definitely recognizes the nicotine she is receiving. For her morning with coffee smoke, now vape, she takes 5 or 6 good drags and gets that craving satisfied. For the smoking action, she loves what it does, but her main problem with it is that she doesn't feel like the hit is hard enough at all. That is the only thing that has her still craving her real cigarettes. I told her about all these other e-cigs I learned about and that I ordered a Joye 510. She's sure that we just have a lesser brand of e-cig and that she's going to try out the 510 as soon as it gets here and she'll order one if she likes it. Are there any online vendors that give out "refer-a-friend" discounts/free samples? I'm always looking to save :) And if anyone doesn't mind answering, what's the financially logical way to order your e-liquids? Buy a bunch at once? Get a lot of something strong and cut it down? Thanks for any responses!

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Northern San Diego county
Are there any online vendors that give out "refer-a-friend" discounts/free samples? I'm always looking to save :) And if anyone doesn't mind answering, what's the financially logical way to order your e-liquids? Buy a bunch at once? Get a lot of something strong and cut it down? Thanks for any responses!

I have had success with using the discount codes found here: Electronic Cigarette Coupon Code Master List - Electronic Cigarette Forum . There are both e-juice vendors and gear vendors. Not all of them, but many.

I have bought gear at MadVapes (510 Kits)

I think that HealthCabin is in China and it might take a while to get your order. I might be wrong. I hope so.

As far as juice, I mix my own. I buy the nicotine juice (while we still can in Cali) and flavorings and VG (vegetable glycerin). You can find reasonable deals by poking around the vendors in the discount list or by checking the other areas in this forum. Good luck and welcome.:thumb:

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
I learned about e-cigs from seeing the display at 7-11. I googled the brand and ended up finding ECF while I was trying to figure out what these contraptions are supposed to be. I wanted to see if the whole "e-cig" thing was a hoax! After reading the forum for a couple of days I ordered a couple of 510's, quickly followed by an eGo and have been vaping away happily ever since. I'm glad they have these x-hale things at the 7-11 because they can only enhance e-cig awareness! (plus, if all my atty's die, I have a back up plan)

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Hi Rosa. Sounds like you have made an excellent and rapid transition (not too expensive) that some people wish they had made. Many people have had bad experences in the past. Paying too much for inferior gear, dealing with flakey vendors. E-cigs hve only been around for a few years and, if it doesn't become illegal, should only get better.

Congrats and welcome. Judging by the number of posts you've made, you have been getting a good education about things here.:)

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!
Thanks! It's kind of embarrassing actually, I think I'm more addicted to ECF than I am to my PV's! I guess I'm just so excited about what I've found - I had chinese food the day after I ordered my 510s and the fortune read, "if it seems too good to be true, it probably is". I tell you, that was a few anxious days waiting to try my first vape.

Tachion

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Northeast
Man, I wish these had been around before I dropped $100 at one of those SE kiosks back in January. Seems like these are quite a decent device.

Oh well. I found this place and got my 510 now, so I can't complain too much. But damn, $20 would have sold me instantly on e-cigs rather than months of headache and regret on spending $100 on an inferior product.

But hey, at least these things may help e-cigs become more widely accepted!

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
did not see these at 7-11 but i found the same kind at a fleamarket here in tampa. big top gots them. i tried one and it wasnt bad at all. there real cheap looking tho. it had no cut off time and the vapor was actually very good.

I was just noticing these at a local 7-11 today. The are real cheap looking, but the case does look like a convenient way to carry a cig plus enough carts for a while in a pocketable package (and hold the super tiny USB charger too). The carts are foil sealed, so not so refill friendly.

No cutoff and good vapor, interesting. I'm glad I know these things are in 7-11, if I'm ever in a pinch, it could come in handy.

What is the deal with the website price ($60) vs the price in store ($20)?

Last edited:

Above God

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
tampa
I was just noticing these at a local 7-11 today. The are real cheap looking, but the case does look like a convenient way to carry a cig plus enough carts for a while in a pocketable package (and hold the super tiny USB charger too). The carts are foil sealed, so not so refill friendly.

No cutoff and good vapor, interesting. I'm glad I know these things are in 7-11, if I'm ever in a pinch, it could come in handy.

What is the deal with the website price ($60) vs the price in store ($20)?

im not sure but this guy had a kit for 50. ....cant remember what it came with, i will have to go back. he also sells 510's there.

psychler

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Oakland, CA
Not sure why the prices are so out of wack but 7-11 probably pulled a wal-mart or they're very openly trying to scam suckers through their site.

I got one of these (xhale 02) about a week ago and have been using it while my 510 and m401 lay motionless. The battery life's way better than the 510 (not saying much, I know) and you can put 401/2/3 batteries on the xhale but they don't fit perfectly - there's a bit of a gap between atty and battery which makes the draw weird and just in general i think the 401 autos are pos.

The prefilled carts last more like 20-40 drags - i refilled em for a few days then just went to d(r)ipping. No way I'd pay the prices on their website, but for $20 at 7-11 that's two blocks away it's hard to resist (no shipping mishaps, waiting, etc.). The only downside I see so far is that you can't buy a spare batt/atty/charger without getting another entire $20 kit. The auto batteries are far superior to my 401 auto batteries which go off in the pocket.

Point is, I get good vapor, good throat hit, and more dependability than my 401 or 510. I'll see how long the atty and batty last but so far it's been a powerhouse.

sanfordf

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 28, 2010
Last edited:

ladysolitary85

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2009
California
Ok so I heard the rumors of e-cigs out in 7 Eleven and I just happened to stop by at the one in Modesto (downtown area) and Sure enough I saw the poster on the board for $20 here. Next chance I get I may have to try it out or maybe convince my mom to. Though she likes her 510 as much as I do hehe.

It looks like a "blu" model to me, and for that kind of price, I think it could be great for starters. I am curious with how much nicotine is in them though. But ultimately, I'm excited and glad another store is stepping up to the plate to sell them!

Craymar

Apr 14, 2010
Tx
The Walmart gas station here has something called a Gamucci. Not sure if the spelling is right. I haven't checked it out or looked at the price since I'm happy with mine, but I hope it's not some crackpot thing that burns people on e-cigs.

Gamucci is a good brand from the UK. I bought the Gamucci Continental disposable for about $12.00 at our local Wal-mart gas station to see what my Mom thought about them. She liked it but it died after 2-3 hours. They also sell the Gumucci kits for $69.00 I think. Only problem is they are auto batteries. The Continental is a 2 piece but it's different from the KR808d-1.

I am finding quite a few smoke shops selling kits also

Charles

Winslow

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2009
Los Angeles
Im seeing these in los angeles 711s since about 3 weeks.

Its nice to see our alternative become more popular.
I do get annoyed seeing the misleading advertising though: "Its water vapor!" it says right on the plexiglass display case.

I pulled out my bottle of PG and asked if they stock these, of course no, and I told them i'd be a happy customer if they did.
Of course, I should show the manager, not the teenager working the register.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
^so its just a usb charger or?..it screws into it?

The $20 starter kit comes with the USB charger. You can get a USB car and wall adapter to use with it for about $8 at major pharmacies or Target.

The whole thing has 1 battery, 4 cartridges, 1 atty for $20 or with an extra 10 for less than the cost of a carton of reg. cigarettes.

If you smoke it like a reg. cig w/o deep inhales, 1 cartridge = about 1 pack of reg cigarettes, Other than the initial $20 to get started, that means it's like spending $28 on an alt. carton of reg. cigs.

The battery comes 1/2 charged and loose to not discharge. For the money,
if you're vaping to quit rather than to substitute reg. cigs for vaping, it's definitely worth it and hassle free/really fool-proof. If something breaks you're not having to replace $200 worth of parts and technically can go from 24mg to 0 in just over a month. If you're into the vapes and flavors, this one probably isn't going to seem like it does much.

Their website xhaleo2 (DOT) com has e-hookahs and accessory kits but everything there is a lot more $ than 7-11. Neither do refunds or have guaruntees/warranties on the down side.

My only concern about xhale02 is one mixed msg about the life span of their atty's. One part of their website says they last up to 6 months and another up to a month. (The # of puffs is about right if you aren't using it to get a lot vapors but just to stop the withdrawl cravings and can go longer if you leave the battery slightly loose during use and seriously, disassemble it to 2 pieces not 3 and keep it in the case each use)

There are a few vids about it on YouTube. In just a week I've comparatively cut out the insane legal cr^p in reg cigs and cut my smoking in 1/2. I don't really care about the cartridges because once you have everything to start, it's less and healthier than reg. cigarettes with a max of 1 out of 4 wks to replace the atty (iow, 3 out of 4 wks it costs $14.99 for the cartridges (less than 1/2 cost of 1 carton of reg cigs) and 1 out of 4wks $14.99 + $20(on-line only) for an extra/new atty. When you replace the atty you still pay less than the cost of a carton of reg. cigs)

It comes to $80/month less than smoking reg cigarettes and reduces the need for as much nicotine so comes out less the longer you use it w/ a clear way to cut it off and stay at 0 nic if you want to use it for occasional flavors.

I saw one vape site where the starter kit was over $500!!!!!!! It's not all about $ either but that is just ridiculously over-priced!

I like the 7-11 XHale02 because there's so little risk of loss. Personally, I want to become nictone free now that I'm tobacco free so then it is truly a free choice with no risk of physical addiction to use a nico-free flavor. I'm not sure I'll want to but it is about the freedom of choice and I'm an avid supporter that these products should not be made illegal because in just a week, I have a lot of my life back - smoking is becoming a choice, less dangerous and not a focal point of my life. I can be around non-smokers and they respect what I'm trying to do and don't feel the need to flee from me to protect themselves or throw me out with a bottle of bath gel cause the smell of reg. cigs is offensive.

I don't know why NY is even considering banning e-cigarettes. Arnold vetoed a bill that would have made them illegal using Federal Law. It was one of his best political decisions. If anyone knows where his letter was posted, please let me know.

They are a great, low cost way to cut down to stop the addictive part and feel better but realistically to get all the bells and whistles the initial cost is about the same as most others. You just can't buy more than the starter kit (with ONLY the USB) at 7-11.

Last edited:

psychler

ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
Oakland, CA
Update:
I still really like these attys. The vapor production is oddly better than my 510 attys (at the same voltage of course). The batteries leak (probably because of the hole in the casing which may have something to do with the auto feature?) but I still really like the size, weight, convenience, etc. of these things. I wish they had attys for sale at 7-11 without having to buy a battery too. I'll probably whip up a nicostick style box mod for the attys I do have already but $20 if I'm just gonna use the atty isn't really a deal.

I tried putting some 401 batteries on - the threads are the same but the dimensions are out of whack and it doesn't really work. Anyway it's still worth the $$ I think - the vapor production makes 510 attys disappointing at anything less than 5v.

Also I've been dripping with these since day 1 (prolly why my batteries are wet on the inside) - the carts that come with taste...bad and a little cinnabomb always helps.

WOW

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2010
CA
Having used the 7-11 for a month & being really excited at first, here's what I've learned since:

You can't drip with them. It kills the atty and the battery.

Refilling them is a problem because they don't sell the e-juices, the cart is too small to use w/ a mixer and the atty's fall apart partially from using more potent e-juices available on-line.

The case and USB are great. (I have three now) They will hold the 401's and 501's so if you get one in a pinch, you get a zero-very high nicotine, short term use item but, it's not a good product that will hold up if you are looking to vape with it
longer than a week. I could spend twice as much for a wk of analogs and that's the only way the product is deal.

The 7-11 e-hookahs, for some reason, have the same start up hardware and carts but is a much better version. The vapor is unreal. The problem is the flavor goes out much faster.

I'm giving it one more month with a superior product w/no accessory bells and whistles for convenience but, if that one needs too much $ in replacements on basic parts, there is no $ advantage to any of them & can cost more than analogs.

I got royally jipped with something else off-line and while it's a fun thing to vape and healthier, if the next month doesn't make it possible to control the expense, I'm getting a ton of fruity gum and going cold turkey.

There might be a reason so many people are looking for new products all the time here and I'm beginning to worry it's a potential scam. That's why I'm going to go with a higher end product - if that breaks the point of vaping to afford the cost of analogs is moot.

In a pinch - but the e-hookah's battery and atty last much longer. Just don't drip with these either and it's excellent in a pinch. They don't last longer than week though so it's not less since you have buy e-juices and the highly concentrated ones are as much as the kit and a pain to refill.

(I also welcome any suggestions anyone might have to keep vaping rather than use analogs cause cold turkey gives you no way to slowly get the garbage out of your system and really deal w/it. I tried it b4 and it isn't pretty)

Kinda bummed about the whole thing cause it wasn't me who decided to smoke instead of vape. It was a product failure and not wanting to go back to analogs the cost tripled(no returns or warranty on 7-11 stuff-it's a quick fix in a pinch that for $20 gives your 4 carts and another $15 gives you 10 pre-filled inner carts - it won't last longer than getting both so you might want to have an order on the way or get plastic filter if you use analogs - they help a little and cost less - it's preference.) Now I got to get back fully into the right frame of mind to lose the analogs completely - again.

I'm kinda of excited about deciding to try one of the best products but, also worried about the part replacements. I have not found one company that can give a straight answer on a general/average cost of replacement parts and I think they would know based on orders. Still trying, though.

:evil:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread