E2 Cartos are tasting like burnt plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Can I ask why you use Vodka? I rince under hot water for about 5 seconds, dry the wicks with a paper towel and do a dry burn. The coild glow in about 3-5 seconds. Why waste money on PGA? I have some but never used it on these. Is the objective to clean the coils? I don't get it.

He's talking about cleaning these things with the filler ring in place. If you use water it's very hard to get all of it out. Vodka evaporates quickly without the need to syringe it out.

Xion665

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2009
Lexington, Ky
That's why you need to make these....

22925d1289581791-disappointed-ce2-try-mod2.jpg

510 XL CE2 R4 + Syringe Mod + PTB

What is this and how do you make one? :)

otrpu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2010
Colorado
I had to change my vaping style to get to the point where I was happy with the C-E2 XL's. I fill two cartos, place on two different color batts, then alternate between them when I detect a change in the vape. I use the same juice in both, but could just as well have different flavors. This provides a dwell time for the juice to wick. I find the E2's rather sensitive to juice viscosity. And all my juice is 50/50 blend minimum. Since I started using this method things have been just great. I call it my VOLLEY. Works for me. Give it a try and see what you think.

Cheers,
otrpu

bpaulette

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 27, 2010
midwest
So... when is RS going to learn how much they could improve their sales if they just WASH THEM OUT at the factory?

Seriously - not everybody reads ECF. I tried 2 in a row, right out of the box, and thought I'd just wasted a bunch of money. Tasted HOOOORRRIBLE. Then read this thread and others, washed out two more with boiling followed by PGA and then another hot water rinse (wanted to be SURE, after the wretched flavor that was still stuck in my nose). By the time they were dry, THESE THINGS ROCK. Very nice vape. They originally tasted so bad, even I doubted washing would work, but it did.

Anyway, they seriously need to either start washing them out at the factory, or include (in big bold letters) washing directions on their little instructions card.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
We have a few people in the RS thread that actually are in communication with the guy who is in charge on the production floor in China. He follows the thread and communicates regularly. He actually took our input and is now implementing (he says) the no fluids thingy and correct length of wick. There are probbly some still in the supply line that need to be pre(p)-washed.

For those of you who do wash or rinse under hot water. If you take a styrofoam cup and make little + sign slits in it around the cup, you can slip your attys and cartos into the cup and that acts as a holder for blow-drying them. I can place 8 atty/cartos on one cup...

One other tip. If you do not want to take out the filler ring (because these are important both for leak-proofing and also in filling them up correctly without juice going in the ceramic cup and down the air intake) someone suggested filling the carto with vodka (or PGA) and placing condoms on the end and letting them soak over night. Then you can shake them up and syringe out the vodka and then let them air dry. The vodka in theory will dry out much quicker and thoroughly than water. This way you can leave the filler ring in place.

So... when is RS going to learn how much they could improve their sales if they just WASH THEM OUT at the factory?

Seriously - not everybody reads ECF. I tried 2 in a row, right out of the box, and thought I'd just wasted a bunch of money. Tasted HOOOORRRIBLE. Then read this thread and others, washed out two more with boiling followed by PGA and then another hot water rinse (wanted to be SURE, after the wretched flavor that was still stuck in my nose). By the time they were dry, THESE THINGS ROCK. Very nice vape. They originally tasted so bad, even I doubted washing would work, but it did.

Anyway, they seriously need to either start washing them out at the factory, or include (in big bold letters) washing directions on their little instructions card.

Another Puffer

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
U.S.
Actuall another puffer, these DO have a nasty primer taste in some of them - if you got an acrid vape that was it...
It could have been a reaction between the primer and the juice, but I tried another brand that I know was good and it was fine. I got the new juice today and tried all of them, I assume either they use the same flavoring for all of their tobaccos or it was manufacturing error because they were pretty bad tasting, bad enough to make me think it was a nail polish taste. Anyways I'm vaping with them now using ecopure rich tobacco and it is awesome. Trying several different tobacco flavors from the same supplier and having them have the same nasty chemical taste really through me off.

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
Oh good for you on the tobacco flavoring. Hey I ordered some of the Basic #2 and #4 tobacco from cignot and the #2 completely surprised me--it was a peppery spicy taste that I had to rinse out of my atty right away - couldn't understand how its advertised a sort of a mild sweet tobacco flavor?

I ordered the regular epicure also as I am on a quest to find a clean simple (not ashy cigarette tasting) tobacco blend...its OK...I need to load a up in a carto to get the full effect...we'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread