salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
OK, I got a few of these.

French Pipe for one. I also have the same flavoring name from VZ. I have mixed 2 bottles, one each. all syringe measurements. Will compare side by side tomorrow with nothing but a hot water bath tonight.

If either or both are good, I'll have to find a good place to hide them for a few weeks to see if any other notes surface to distinguish one from another.

Oh good! I will look forward to seeing your thoughts on them.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I will second whoever posted earlier that these are not the same identical flavorings that VZ carries.They don't smell or taste like duplicates. The Back & Mild is totally different between the two. I received a bottle today and had to laugh its labeled Black Mile so I think that means Black & Mild. Not to say they aren't going to be good for people---just that in the 3 flavors I received--they are not the same as VZ's.

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I will second whoever posted earlier that these are not the same identical flavorings that VZ carries.They don't smell or taste like duplicates. The Back & Mild is totally different between the two. I received a bottle today and had to laugh its labeled Black Mile so I think that means Black & Mild. Not to say they aren't going to be good for people---just that in the 3 flavors I received--they are not the same as VZ's.
:) I wonder why folks think they are the same? I never said they were:) I am almost afraid to post what I think. I won't because I am trying to stick with ecigexpress flavorings and not another vendors. The other vendor has their own thread dedicated to them. :)

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
:) I wonder why folks think they are the same? I never said they were:) I am almost afraid to post what I think. I won't because I am trying to stick with ecigexpress flavorings and not another vendors. The other vendor has their own thread dedicated to them. :)

No problem I was just answering kritter and some others who wondered openly on this thread about a a comparison. Carry on....lol

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Well the initial French Pipe tastings are interesting.

VZ's is sweeter and has more floral notes with a background of a dark tobacco flavor.

Ecig's has still has floral notes with the dark tobacco flavor a bit more to the foreground.

After a hot water bath last night and vaping this morning, I lean toward the Ecig version as a standalone.

Both were vaped on an I06 (in a beta DCA) that meters 2.0 Ohms when wet at 4.8 volts. Both flavorings were mixed at 2.5% in identical bases.

Last edited:

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.

VZ's is sweeter and has more floral notes with a background of a dark tobacco flavor.

Ecig's has still has floral notes with the dark tobacco flavor a bit more to the foreground.

After a hot water bath last night and vaping this morning, I lean toward the Ecig version as a standalone.

Both were vaped on an I06 (in a beta DCA) that meters 2.0 Ohms when wet at 4.8 volts.
Sounds interesting. :)

Sdh

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2010
U.S.
I think that the name of the flavoring is Black Mile which would be why the label would have that name on it. Most flavorings and ejuice are not named exactly as their tobacco counterpart to avoid lawsuits.
Black n mild is not up for sale yet. The bottles that are being sampled are direct from the flavoring company. I suppose that is why it sparked me last night. I think honest reviews are excellent.

What I don't like is when the "shills" decide to attack. Kind of like Zombies...:)

Leothwyn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 7, 2011
N. California
www.ci-studios.com
Thanks for that. That ECX French Pipe sounds very promising. I really like the VZ French Pipe, but if I could change anything about its flavor, I'd go for a little less sweet (dark tobacco more in the foreground sounds good too). For me, out of the VZ tobaccos that I have, the FP is the one that changes most with a long steep, so I'm looking forward to your impressions after more steeping.

Both were vaped on an I06 (in a beta DCA) that meters 2.0 Ohms when wet at 4.8 volts.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina

What percentage did you mix them at? Do you think that the ECX may have less alcohol and may have made a difference in the flavor?

I ask this because I have tried flavors from Natures Flavor that I did not like because of the high alcohol content. After taking a tip from a friend and evaporating some of the alcohol off, the NF flavors were much better to me.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
I mixed at 2.5% on both to give me a baseline. (Edited post since that was info I intended to post and somehow forgot.)

Both flavorings had the same consistancy and were obviously alcohol based. They even had the same color when compared in the same vessel, the tip of the syringe, but look different through the two different bottles.

The VZ's scent was more floral while Ecig's scent was more earthy when smelled from the bottles. Once mixed, I could not tell the difference between the two by smell alone. Both had that perfume/Everclear smell before mixing.

Without a good steep, I wouldn't be inclined to use either as a standalone. The flavor does not have a real depth that I expect of my mixes. They will have to steep before I can make a real determination if this holds true.

I do not get the impression that they need to breathe like when I use mint oils and PGA to make a mix, but, it is still early. Real early for a tobacco flavor.

I have a number of other experiments I need to make a final determination about so I can free up more of my small glass bottles that I usually use for these kinds of things. All told I have over 30 new flavorings that need experiments started between the 2 vendors.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Black n mild is not up for sale yet. The bottles that are being sampled are direct from the flavoring company. I suppose that is why it sparked me last night. I think honest reviews are excellent.

What I don't like is when the "shills" decide to attack. Kind of like Zombies...:)

I don't know what "shills" you are referring to. Opinions were asked and given and given respectfully, I believe, as I've read the entire thread.

stashbldr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 6, 2010
Florida
I am REALLY REALLY enjoying this RY4. I am still in shock because it is a tobacco flavor and I've never wanted to vape a tobacco other than the first 3 weeks I vaped, long ago. I finally was able to let some of my RY4 mix steep for 3 days and it really didnt change very much from where it was at the beginning.

I diluted it way down though, a "real" RY4 vaper would probably call it (and me) a "sissy RY4" I'm sure LOL. 3 days ago I mixed up a 30 ml bottle .. I put in 10 drops of the ECX RY4 (which measured out to be .16 ml .. then I added 20 drops of TPA Sweet Cream (which measured out to be .55 ml). And I love it. Can't stop vaping it. I might get brave and increase the RY4 part all the way up to .20 ml the next time ;-)

This is great stuff, cant wait for more of these super concentrated flavors to come in

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I am REALLY REALLY enjoying this RY4. I am still in shock because it is a tobacco flavor and I've never wanted to vape a tobacco other than the first 3 weeks I vaped, long ago. I finally was able to let some of my RY4 mix steep for 3 days and it really didnt change very much from where it was at the beginning.

I diluted it way down though, a "real" RY4 vaper would probably call it (and me) a "sissy RY4" I'm sure LOL. 3 days ago I mixed up a 30 ml bottle .. I put in 10 drops of the ECX RY4 (which measured out to be .16 ml .. then I added 20 drops of TPA Sweet Cream (which measured out to be .55 ml). And I love it. Can't stop vaping it. I might get brave and increase the RY4 part all the way up to .20 ml the next time ;-)

This is great stuff, cant wait for more of these super concentrated flavors to come in

Oh boy! I am going to have to break down and get some of the RY4 before the sale ends tomorrow.
Our tastes sound very similar. Thanks for keeping us updated with your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread