Ejuice calculator (added quantity calculations)

Status
Not open for further replies.

swatc1h

Nov 14, 2014
cali
hello . using vg base 80/20 mix . im using tpa flavors . amount to be made 30ml but its over . does it need to be exactmundo . v14

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 149

Teach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
thank you . one more question . on make a new recipe, how do i find "parts" ratio drops ? that value never changes or i just suck @ math .

I normally start with Target Nic and adjust everything from there to reach the required quantity. I'm mixing 500ml at a time so I don't actually need to go back in and design new flavor combinations very often. When I try new flavors, I usually experiment with percentages added to small samples of my standard mix then establish the percentages for larger batches... I haven't actually switched to other flavors, but you get the idea - seat of the pants type of mixing.

The biggest concern is to carefully monitor the amount of nic... it's hard to OD on it if you start with your basic juice level then make small batches to try the new flavors. You may also want to try getting the flavor proportions without the nic... no mater what you do, it boils down to your taste and what you like.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Thank you so much for the spreadsheet. I am a bit confused though, as in the recipes sheet there are a lot of lorann's flavors listed that the color coded lorann's page in a different thread (I'm sure y'all know the one) say are unsafe. Which one should I go off of?

Well seeing how the list in this spreadsheet was updated over a year ago. As with anything company formulas can change, I would always go with the current lorann website information on all flavors. If it says not soluble in water do not use it.

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
Tedious stuff for Linux/LibreOffice users.

I've been using V13 with Linux/LibreOffice 4.0 for a year and fixing problems as I go.
I've just switched to LibreOffice 4.4 with ejuice calculator V14 (as at 01-May-2015) and it works darn well pretty much out of the box (4 hours testing so far).

One small thing is that the (PG or VG Calculator) "Make a New recipe" section failed.
Drop down cells K9:K13 showed a [HASHTAG]#REF[/HASHTAG]! error even when a manufacturer was selected in the corresponding J cells.
Reason: Source for the drop down was strangely corrupt. (Will happen elsewhere I guess; haven't checked.)
To fix:
Select sheet "PG Calculator". (Unprotect the sheet if necessary. Tools->Protect Document->Sheet
Select cell K9.
Data->Validity->Criteria Tab->Source
Change from INDIRECT('PG Calculator'.JF9)
to INDIRECT('PG Calculator'.J9)
ie. remove that rogue "F".
Repeat for VG Calculator sheet.

Other notes:
The add recipe button works fine in V14; I had to hack it in V13. I think that's down to the new LibreOffice.
Some cell backgrounds are too dark to read (eg: "PG Calculator".M14 is dark green). They don't respond to having the colour changed even if unprotected. The fix is: Select cell(s) then Format->Clear Direct Formatting.
There are other oddities I've noticed but nothing to bore people with.

Big, make that HUGE, thanks to Scubabatdan for this excellent bunch of sheets. It's the only juice mixer worth its salt that runs natively on Linux I can find.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
Tedious stuff for Linux/LibreOffice users.

I've been using V13 with Linux/LibreOffice 4.0 for a year and fixing problems as I go.
I've just switched to LibreOffice 4.4 with ejuice calculator V14 (as at 01-May-2015) and it works darn well pretty much out of the box (4 hours testing so far).

One small thing is that the (PG or VG Calculator) "Make a New recipe" section failed.
Drop down cells K9:K13 showed a [HASHTAG]#REF[/HASHTAG]! error even when a manufacturer was selected in the corresponding J cells.
Reason: Source for the drop down was strangely corrupt. (Will happen elsewhere I guess; haven't checked.)
To fix:
Select sheet "PG Calculator". (Unprotect the sheet if necessary. Tools->Protect Document->Sheet
Select cell K9.
Data->Validity->Criteria Tab->Source
Change from INDIRECT('PG Calculator'.JF9)
to INDIRECT('PG Calculator'.J9)
ie. remove that rogue "F".
Repeat for VG Calculator sheet.

Other notes:
The add recipe button works fine in V14; I had to hack it in V13. I think that's down to the new LibreOffice.
Some cell backgrounds are too dark to read (eg: "PG Calculator".M14 is dark green). They don't respond to having the colour changed even if unprotected. The fix is: Select cell(s) then Format->Clear Direct Formatting.
There are other oddities I've noticed but nothing to bore people with.

Big, make that HUGE, thanks to Scubabatdan for this excellent bunch of sheets. It's the only juice mixer worth its salt that runs natively on Linux I can find.

Nice to have a linux guy around :)
Please feel free to share a link to your linux friendly version here so others can benefit from your corrections.
Thanks!
Dan

Reactions: Puffaway

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
Nice to have a linux guy around :)
Please feel free to share a link to your linux friendly version here so others can benefit from your corrections.
Thanks!
Dan
Thanks for the thanks Dan. I'm very happy to share my version - just as soon as I find somewhere to upload it to. Seems I can't attach it to this post.

Puffaway

May 4, 2014
Dorset, UK
@Scubabatdan I've put my LibreOffice version of ejuce_calculatorv14.xls here ejuce_calculatorv14-rob.ods Edit: link changed

The functionality is unchanged, I have just fixed a few minor errors in drop down lists and cosmetics. Oh, and probably put some test code in for LO's crazy VB emulator. Nothing malicious though!

I hope it may be of use to someone.

Last edited:

mhertz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2014
Denmark
Thanks alot for adding gram meassurements and adjustable densities Puffaway and of course to Scubabatdan for the original sheets! Much appreciated guys! :)

I was beginning to be somewhat annoyed with e-liquid-recipes hardcoded values of 0.93g/mL for water and 1.26g/mL for all vg nicbases no matter potency, and so was beginning to just using a manual calculator instead, but then I just stumbled upon this v14, which is perfect for me after I changed a little thing of letting the water percentage be dependant on the total mixing amount and not the vg amount, since water isn't solely about thinning vg, but just as much about lowering the boiling-point/upping the evaporation-effeciency, and enhancing the flavor/smoothness of the total mix.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread