Evolv DNA 75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris5135

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2014
Cincinnati, OH
image.jpeg image.jpeg
I hope this is a new smaller board and not just a update to the DNA200.

Last edited:

Carnage9270

ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2015
Washington
It will be based off of the dna 200. Some parts will be removed from the board since it's a single cell. That will bring the price down a little but not by too much. I think this just brings evolve back into the moderately sized mods again. They have probably lost a few bucks not having a board for the single cell battery people. I don't think that's their full reasoning behind this, just my own opinion.

On a side note...hcigar is really making some nice mods these days...wow.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
That single cell for the VT75 is a 26650. That kills it for me. Well back vaping with my two Reuleaux DNA200 at 10 watts (20 watts with TC), which I charge once every 3 days.
True, but it is not the device itself that is the exciting news, but the Evolv DNA75w "Heartbeat" it contains that can be utilized in multiple designs and configurations of devices from multiple manufacturers and modders.

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
True, but it is not the device itself that is the exciting news, but the Evolv DNA75w "Heartbeat" it contains that can be utilized in multiple designs and configurations of devices from multiple manufacturers and modders.
I was just going to type the same thing. I'm sure there will be a lot more 18650 mods utilizing that chip than 26650. Like the DNA200, I have some that use a 3s Lipo, one uses 3 x 18650, and one that uses 2 x 18650. Mods for all occasions. You can't judge the chip by the first mod that comes out using it. It's all about the chip, not that particular mod.

Cheers,
Steve

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Interesting thread here.... hesitated to post until I was able to verify that Evolv is in fact working on a DNA75. One of Evolv's manufacturers who uses Evolv boards leaked the fact that they were working on the DNA75. Historically when Evolv comes with a new board they are also working on 1 or 2 new things (in the pipeline).

Will be interesting to see what this new board will be and will do.... :) As always the board, when released, can be put into any mod designed by the many manufacturers.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
If a hybrid connector is like they used on the Heatvape Invader Mini, I think you are right.
I love the 510 connector on the Invader Mini. It fits anything with a 510 post, long or short, it doesn't matter. Leaked juice all over the 510? No worries, just rinse it under running water. 510 threads stripped? No worries, a new top cap is just $6.50 and you just screw it on.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I love the 510 connector on the Invader Mini. It fits anything with a 510 post, long or short, it doesn't matter. Leaked juice all over the 510? No worries, just rinse it under running water. 510 threads stripped? No worries, a new top cap is just $6.50 and you just screw it on.
Don't know that HCigar has waterproofed this one so I don't think I would try that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread