Status
Not open for further replies.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Evolv's warranty for the board is one year. You could fill out a ticket explaining the issue and they will respond back to you. They might want to have you remove the board and send it to them so they can check and/or replace it if needed but the decision is their's to make. They sell the Fullymax battery pack but I'm not aware that they replace them in folk's devices....

MidwestGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
Iowa
Just getting started with my new VaporShark Switch Box DNA75 mod. Loving it so far ... also trying SS316L wire for the first time.

I've noticed a few things with this wire ... it seems the resistance varies based on manufacturer. My builds vary but are always at .50ohms or higher, spaced (some dual, some single).

I have various gauges from two different manufacturers, "Coil Master" brand and "Master of Clouds" brand. Using the CSV from Steam Engine (SS316L / Elite).

The Coil Master wire won't even color dry cotton @ 430F ... the vape even at 470F is very cool / weak. It will slightly brown cotton starting at around 490F. I have to set the temp to 500F or above for a good warm flavorful vape.

The Master of Clouds wire seems a bit more accurate, it will slightly brown dry cotton @ 420F and I get a really great warm / robust vape between 440F and 470F.

Is there a brand of SS316L that lines up properly with the Steam Engine (or even the default SS316 DNA75 profile) ? I think the Master of Clouds stuff is pretty close but I'd like to get "the good stuff" for sure on my next order. I love working with the SS316L, so easy to build with a great clean flavor.

Thanks!

Reactions: cigatron

Mr. Offic3

Apr 10, 2016
Hi there fellow readers.
Can i have some feedback on a problem that i have?
I'm using 2 DNA 75 devices:
1. A SMY using a 18650 battery
2. A Vape Droid using a 26650 battery.
I usually charge booth devices over night. I find booth of them in the morning with the led lightning green (sign that battery is fully charged) but battery percentage shows a little above 90% on booth devices.
If i disconnect and reconnect the charger cable, led turns red and charging starts again from where it left going to 100%.
Can i have some feedback with this issue?
Thank you!

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Hi there fellow readers.
Can i have some feedback on a problem that i have?
I'm using 2 DNA 75 devices:
1. A SMY using a 18650 battery
2. A Vape Droid using a 26650 battery.
I usually charge booth devices over night. I find booth of them in the morning with the led lightning green (sign that battery is fully charged) but battery percentage shows a little above 90% on booth devices.
If i disconnect and reconnect the charger cable, led turns red and charging starts again from where it left going to 100%.
Can i have some feedback with this issue?
Thank you!
Deleted, wrong chip :oops:.

Cheers,
Steve

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-12_10-11-51.png
    upload_2017-2-12_10-11-51.png
    32 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:

Wingsfan0310

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2013
Flat Rock, MI, USA
Reactions: Mr. Offic3

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Yes, normal behavior....

Couple of discussions from another forums....:

Hi guys, not sure if this has been covered before here cause I can't seem to find it. Just put a fresh battery in my Skar75, hooked up to the computer & the LED came on green...normal since it is a fresh battery with full charge. Was vaping while working on the computer & awhile later, noticed that the LED was still green. Opened device monitor in Escribe & the battery level was down to about 95%. Vaped until I got the battery level down to about 81% & the LED never switched to flashing red to indicate a charging condition. Watched device monitor...could see that the USB was in fact charging the battery. Is this something normal with the 75 board. Can't compare it to the 250 due to no LED.

hysteresis between the charging chip and LED function. all of the DNA 75 do this. you have to unplug, then plug back in the USB cable. it will then turn red (or whatever color you have set for "charging"). normal operation for the board.

Why doesn't my VT 75 ever show 100 percent battery charged. I can only get it to 98. It never reachest 100

the simple charging IC on the dna 75 board considers 4.15v "good enough" sometimes when charging. if you want it to charge to exactly 100% (4.18v) you can unplug then plug back in the usb cable. not necessary tho, it's close enough in voltage at 98% to be considered fully charged. you won't really notice the difference in vape time between 4.15 and 4.18v.

Why does my DNA75 led never change to green while charging?

As the battery reaches near full charge the charge rate decreases thus increasing the time it takes to fully charge... Be patient as it will eventually turn green.

Now, my note on battery safety: Never leave a charging battery unattended.... things can happen.... no overnight charging.... :)

Mr. Offic3

Apr 10, 2016
Yes, normal behavior....

Couple of discussions from another forums....:

Hi guys, not sure if this has been covered before here cause I can't seem to find it. Just put a fresh battery in my Skar75, hooked up to the computer & the LED came on green...normal since it is a fresh battery with full charge. Was vaping while working on the computer & awhile later, noticed that the LED was still green. Opened device monitor in Escribe & the battery level was down to about 95%. Vaped until I got the battery level down to about 81% & the LED never switched to flashing red to indicate a charging condition. Watched device monitor...could see that the USB was in fact charging the battery. Is this something normal with the 75 board. Can't compare it to the 250 due to no LED.

hysteresis between the charging chip and LED function. all of the DNA 75 do this. you have to unplug, then plug back in the USB cable. it will then turn red (or whatever color you have set for "charging"). normal operation for the board.

Why doesn't my VT 75 ever show 100 percent battery charged. I can only get it to 98. It never reachest 100

the simple charging IC on the dna 75 board considers 4.15v "good enough" sometimes when charging. if you want it to charge to exactly 100% (4.18v) you can unplug then plug back in the usb cable. not necessary tho, it's close enough in voltage at 98% to be considered fully charged. you won't really notice the difference in vape time between 4.15 and 4.18v.

Why does my DNA75 led never change to green while charging?

As the battery reaches near full charge the charge rate decreases thus increasing the time it takes to fully charge... Be patient as it will eventually turn green.

Now, my note on battery safety: Never leave a charging battery unattended.... things can happen.... no overnight charging.... :)
Thank you for your answer as well as taking your time and quoting other people having the same problem.
Now i'm fine knowing that this is the normal behaviour for this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread