(Genesis style)Smoktech VIVI TANK rebuildable atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
guess that begs this question, why is a vertical wick better?

Better is an individual opinion, different. The vertical SS wick is the genesis and there are hundreds of models out there and many that prefer this setup, I am one, even though I am now very happy with the Nova and cotton wicks, but it is a more subtle vape. For true flavor and TH I still prefer the Genesis.

Vertical wick mod of the VIVI tank
IMG_1548.jpg

Cotton mod of the Nova
IMG_1590.jpg

Last edited:

acura tech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 13, 2012
florida
Hi I have two questions

1) Modding tank styles, Genesis, or scuba U shaped wick. I was wondering which one wicks the best. It would seem to me that the open end would wick better but IDK.

2) Can I just solder the air hole by the wick shut and drill a hole in the plastic side tube?

Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated, I know some of u have had good results and i thought I would get a few more tips before I mod/break mine.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
Wow, I didn't expect that. I'm using cinnabomb 50/50, maybe I should try it at 80/20.

...could be the juice. When using light colored, clear juices, wicks will last several days. Dark juices with Tobacco Absolute and other will gunk up a wick in a couple of days.

JKVaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
anybody found silicone o-rings for these? Maybe it's just my cinnabomb liquid but man the stock neoprene/rubber ones don't last long! I was also curious if anybody had modded one of these with a pyrex sleeve or not?

Not too sure about silicone o-rings, but do know you can get replacement rubber ones from HomeDepot, they are size #41 and brand is 'Danco'.

.....But........this is how I found out :(
After receiving a new Vivi rebuildable tank today, decided to try it out at stock. Used a needle syringe to fill through wick holes.....immediate leak through bottom of tank, thought :evil:...hmmmm this is not right.....seal is bad. Took it fully apart for the first time and took off all 3 o-rings. The o-ring on the bottom (where the leak was) was MUCH smaller, being stretched to tight and not creating a seal. Another result of poor quality control of Chinese products. Bought #41 o-rings from HomeDepot, was $2.50 for 10pk. Replaced all 3 o-rings, filled the tank and no more leak.

Working, but not impressed at all with with the stock wicking, which I had already expected from most reviews out there.
Now to order some mesh and wire to make it better...........

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
ok, so I have had two different problems with these tanks. When taking them apart to re-wick, you have to be EXTREMELY careful not to pull too hard and have the middle post pull away from the base. The little wire can be re-soldered, but it's not easy to do, and once the post pulls away from the base, the suckers will leak from the bottom, and I haven't found a fix for that yet. The o-ring on the bottom connector leaks as well, even after soldering the air hole up. I guess you really do get what you pay for. I'm going to try and get a couple of new ones, and see if I can make them reliable for more than a week.

guitarman023

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2009
Marietta, Ohio
Do you have a part number and price?

Thanks Sev

Sorry, I just now saw your msg. I got a couple from vaperite.com, but they were the ones with the bad seals, and they pulled apart the second time I disassembled them. The first one I bought and the one I'm using a month later without too much modification I got from madvapes Smok Rebuildable - Tanks and Clearomizers - PV Parts

Madvapes charges a little more for them, and I'm not sure if they're better quality or if it's a fluke that theirs is better than the two from vaperite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread