FYI: Smoktech making Genesis-style atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
Sorry for butting into the middle of this VERY long thread, but where would one go to get a smoktech genesis atty?

SEVERAL Vendors have it. It's called the VIVI Tank. Discount vapors have them. Then you need to convert it to SS Mesh. If you read back a few pages you'll find all the pics and discriptions you'll need to do this. Takes about 30 mins to change over. Also type in VIVI tank on you tube for even more info. Start around page 10 on this thread and you'll be close.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I seem to be having a positive post connection difficulty with my SmokTech Rebuildable Tank. The base of the positive post will turn in place. It is currently showing no connection to the center connector ad the base when tested with an Ohm-meter.

It is not clear how the assembly might be disassembled. Google provided no images of one disassembled. Are the connection press-fitted together? Can it be reasonably disassembled and reassembled?

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
I seem to be having a positive post connection difficulty with my SmokTech Rebuildable Tank. The base of the positive post will turn in place. It is currently showing no connection to the center connector ad the base when tested with an Ohm-meter.

It is not clear how the assembly might be disassembled. Google provided no images of one disassembled. Are the connection press-fitted together? Can it be reasonably disassembled and reassembled?

Yes C B, it's fairly easy. Pull the top post out and use a punch and push the bottom post out. Then you have to resolder a new wire in place. But it is not that hard to do. When you get it back together be sure to hole the top post still when tightning the screw down again. Thats what happen to the first one I had. I soldered a solid post on mine because the wire kept shorting out.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA

The central tube is press fitted into the ends. A number of people (including me) have pulled the base out of the central tube when taking it apart. There's a wire going from the base, through the central tube, up to the positive post. If the pos post is turned too much, this breaks that wire.

I was lucky in that my wire didn't break when I popped the base off of the central tube. Apparently you can resolder the wire to whichever end broke off; but I've read where some have soldered a straightened paperclip in place of the wire. When this was done, if the top screw/post rotated, then the whole pos connection just rotated - no more breakage.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
This sounds very intriguing.

The Coilless Wick was a dud. It was made from cotton sheather hemp candle wick for starters. The hemp was removed and a single, straight wire was inserted into the sheath. It poked thorugh the sheath to the outside about 2" between those points. The ends were left long to go down into the juice well. The 2" or so section was looped around in the chamber. Before applying power, I wet the wick well with juice.

In short, the power in this case was not concentrated enough to make good vapor. If the fire button were held down for a while it would produce some. However, it didn't taste good. All the while it was using as much power as if it had been a coil, so the whole atty was getting hot.

With the givens of the power realm, etc. we use, it's not going to happen that way. It could be some special equipment could utilize something like that, but with high power and short bursts.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
The Coilless Wick was a dud. It was made from cotton sheather hemp candle wick for starters. The hemp was removed and a single, straight wire was inserted into the sheath. It poked thorugh the sheath to the outside about 2" between those points. The ends were left long to go down into the juice well. The 2" or so section was looped around in the chamber. Before applying power, I wet the wick well with juice.

In short, the power in this case was not concentrated enough to make good vapor. If the fire button were held down for a while it would produce some. However, it didn't taste good. All the while it was using as much power as if it had been a coil, so the whole atty was getting hot.

With the givens of the power realm, etc. we use, it's not going to happen that way. It could be some special equipment could utilize something like that, but with high power and short bursts.

However, it might work with, oh say...1/2" length of high resistance (5-6 Ohm/In realm) wire. In that case, the length of the wire to the terminals may be critical. ...a good case for no resistance wire leads maybe. The results could be interesting.

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
There are atty-type units similar to our SmokTechs coming to market. Some have the 'replaceable heads' that sell for...oh, a couple of bucks.

How do these head type units compare to our 'cotton/bamboo/etc.' setups with the Smoktech? Are they just as easily rebuilt? Are they somehow more restricted with what can be done with a coil and wick? I'll undertand if they are not suitable for SS Mesh, but otherwise, I wonder how they perform in terms of vaping and rebuildablity compared to our Smoktechs.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
I think the ones you're talking about, Cool, are just like the Vivi Novas. There's a bunch of threads on rebuilding them.

Pita1028 is going to start a co-op very soon with the 'SBD BO-8' tanks. Just like the SmokTech rebuildables; but with a removeable air chamber. The ones I posted a thread looking for someone to run the co-op.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
How do you go about getting in on a co-op? Forgive my newbiness.

You have to get 'verified', check out the classifieds for the procedure. Then you stalk the Co-Op Planning and Discussion threads :D
Cause by the time most co-ops go 'Active' they're already filled.

MaxPerilous

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Edgewood, NM
You have to get 'verified', check out the classifieds for the procedure. Then you stalk the Co-Op Planning and Discussion threads :D
Cause by the time most co-ops go 'Active' they're already filled.

Hey that's good info. I always just look at the active co-ops and wonder why i always miss the stuff i want lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread