Heather's Heavenly Vapes - THE BIG THREAD (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Not a happy camper...
On my job, you come to the yard early, and there is a large metal box with folders inside. A folder for each Driver, and each driver's Bill of Lading is waiting in their respective folder.
This morning, no BOL in my folder. Either it wasn't loaded (cancelled ?) or another driver is playing games with the loads. I won't get an answer until 6:30am, when the Office-types start showing up for work. Up at 2am and drove 40 miles, for nothing.
Not happy....
That sucks a big one, Papaw! Take an old man nap then raise hell, kick azz and take names!!!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
Not a happy camper...
On my job, you come to the yard early, and there is a large metal box with folders inside. A folder for each Driver, and each driver's Bill of Lading is waiting in their respective folder.
This morning, no BOL in my folder. Either it wasn't loaded (cancelled ?) or another driver is playing games with the loads. I won't get an answer until 6:30am, when the Office-types start showing up for work. Up at 2am and drove 40 miles, for nothing.
Not happy....
Oh No. Not again Brett! That makes MY blood boil, I can't imagine how high your temperature is right now!

Hulamoon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2012
Waikiki Hawaii
How would you kill a Lion and not get caught ? :blink:

Anyways, Tuesday Morning is here. Another day awaits. Is Miss Robin driving from FL to MI ? That would be I-75, right ? Atlanta is a bear, but going strait through is as easy as the I-285 loop. Watch your road signs carefully in Knoxville, you may have to 'get off/ on' just to stay with I-75. PIA construction about one hour into Kentucky. After That you're on your own, as I tend to stay in the southland anymore.

Good Morning Army. Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)

It's horrible Papaw. Cecil the lion was the star of the Zimbabwe National Park. Some poacher managed to encourage dear old Cecil outside the parameters of the park so they could slaughter him for some rotten stinking corrupt POS fat rat's carpet rug and get paid $55K or more.

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Oh No. Not again Brett! That makes MY blood boil, I can't imagine how high your temperature is right now!

Not yet. I want to discuss this with some of the "Stupor-visors" at work first. No use in getting riled up until I can find out what the situation actually is....
But if it is something afoul, then maybe the ol' BP go up a notch or two...

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
How would you kill a Lion and not get caught ? :blink:

Anyways, Tuesday Morning is here. Another day awaits. Is Miss Robin driving from FL to MI ? That would be I-75, right ? Atlanta is a bear, but going strait through is as easy as the I-285 loop. Watch your road signs carefully in Knoxville, you may have to 'get off/ on' just to stay with I-75. PIA construction about one hour into Kentucky. After That you're on your own, as I tend to stay in the southland anymore.

Good Morning Army. Have a Safe and Blessed Day :)
Yes, I take I-75 all the way up and into Michigan. I think my GPS has me going the loop around the larger cities. I will absolutely watch for signs. 75 is notorious for construction taking you around bizarre ways.

Not a happy camper...
Not happy....
:grr: that's just not right!

It's horrible Papaw. Cecil the lion was the star of the Zimbabwe National Park. Some poacher managed to encourage dear old Cecil outside the parameters of the park so they could slaughter him for some rotten stinking corrupt POS fat rat's carpet rug and get paid $55K or more.
People suck :grr:

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
That load was dropped due to a more important load that came in late yesterday, heading to Virginia. It's a Tarp Load, and it wasn't my turn to pull a tarp load, so I kinda got lost in the last minute shuffle. Supervisor approved a vacation day for today (at least I get paid, sort of) and call back when I think I would have returned from Charlotte (load I was dropped from) to pick my choice for tomorrow. Once again, not my fault. But at least the ones shuffling the loads around will try to give me a little something today....

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
hmmm grab another BOL and go with it... blame it on the folder loader ;)

Loads aren't loaded until night shift. Outside carriers get loaded during the day. While I already know the destination, I never know what trailer the load is on until I come to work in the morning.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
That load was dropped due to a more important load that came in late yesterday, heading to Virginia. It's a Tarp Load, and it wasn't my turn to pull a tarp load, so I kinda got lost in the last minute shuffle. Supervisor approved a vacation day for today (at least I get paid, sort of) and call back when I think I would have returned from Charlotte (load I was dropped from) to pick my choice for tomorrow. Once again, not my fault. But at least the ones shuffling the loads around will try to give me a little something today....

Go back home, give Mamaw a hug and have her cook you a great breakfast ;)

PapawBrett

Retired
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
Monroe NC
Go back home, give Mamaw a hug and have her cook you a great breakfast ;)

Mamaw works part-time, semi-retired. She is the Biscuit Maker at the local Chic-Fila. Just me at home (and the dogs, who are asleep). Might do a few minor repairs around the place today just to keep busy. Or take an old man nap ... :sleep:

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Morning Chak! How's my vamo waver doing?
Doing pretty good - busy as all heck...

Wow, haven't waved the VAMO for what - over a year now? Waving the Provari, ZNA Clone & Panzer in it stead.... :D

How'd the audit come out?

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Doing pretty good - busy as all heck...

Wow, haven't waved the VAMO for what - over a year now? Waving the Provari, ZNA Clone & Panzer in it stead.... :D

How'd the audit come out?
Knowing how audits work, I bet she is still working on it. I swear, they take forever with those things.

always9988

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2013
Hicktown, OH
Morning all. Grumpy here :/ woke up to a text that our bank screwed us over and we were overdrawn. Instead of a fun day planned with kids I get to deal with that and try to get it balanced til Friday [emoji35] this is not the first time they've done this and I'm so done. They like to hold all debits for days, take them out at once, at the same time as holding cash deposits for several more days so it goes negative all the time. It's cash there was no reason for it. Uggghhh

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Morning all. Grumpy here :/ woke up to a text that our bank screwed us over and we were overdrawn. Instead of a fun day planned with kids I get to deal with that and try to get it balanced til Friday [emoji35] this is not the first time they've done this and I'm so done. They like to hold all debits for days, take them out at once, at the same time as holding cash deposits for several more days so it goes negative all the time. It's cash there was no reason for it. Uggghhh
Definitely time to change banks. A cash deposit is supposed to be available Immediately! Idjits!!!!!!

Chakris

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Good morning.

Trying to get all my stuff done in preparation for my long drive. I'm excited yet scared. :blink: I've never done that long of a drive by myself. The longest has been 10 hours. This is going to be at least two days.

I have to admit, smoking would be much easier. LOL. I'm going to make sure I have a couple of my Provari and both Kayfuns ready to just swap out. Refill whether they need it or not, top them off, whenever I stop for food or gas. I have a plan at least. :lol:

Tomorrow morning is d-day. I just need to keep in mind...at the end of the drive is the family!!!! :w00t:

Have a safe trip, Robin. Don't forget the extra batteries and/or car charger...

I did a cross country drive from LA to Niagara once. My brother his ex and I took shifts driving a Subaru Brat - after an eight hour shift you could sleep in the back with all the baggage. This was around Christmas time (1980 something) and we made it in 2 1/2 days even with a blizzard in the Rockies. Thank God for wheel chains! That was a fun trip back in the day - don't know if I could do it that fast now, though.

Robin, I don't envy you coming back with a load full of kids - sounds like a good plot for a Disney movie. ;)

You'll be fine Ms. Robin. You may actually enjoy yourself driving. Coming home with a car packed full of kids...now that might b interesting.

Good morning Army.

Interesting to say the least... :D

Not yet. I want to discuss this with some of the "Stupor-visors" at work first. No use in getting riled up until I can find out what the situation actually is....
But if it is something afoul, then maybe the ol' BP go up a notch or two...

Better to have a couple of Margaritas ... ;)

Or take an old man nap ... :sleep:

Yup, that's my vote too... :sleep:zzzZZZ

I vote the nap.... that way you will be all rested up to do what ever is needed :)

I second....

I second that motion! :D

Oops, I 3rd that motion! :D :D :D

I liked this to show I read it and can imagine how you feel. Deposits should have gone in first!!!

Definitely time to change banks. A cash deposit is supposed to be available Immediately! Idjits!!!!!!

What she said... ^^^^^^^^^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread